Sign in to follow this  
My Credit Is Poo

USAA credit limit just went from 7k to 25k!

Started off almost a year ago on this board. Scores averaged 600, now they average close to 700. Still a couple stubborn baddies that need to go... I had zero cards when I started here (they were all charged off!) Combination of disputing, paying old debts, etc. I have significantly cleaned up my reports. Started off with a 200.00 limit on a Target store card (now a 1,000.00 credit card) then Re-habbed a Macy's (started at 850, now at 3,000, got the Hooter's next (started at 500 now 2000), Nordstrom's took a chance on me and gave me a 500.00 limit (now my favorite store) they were the first ones to give me a real credit line ---> 7500.00... , Bloomie's allowed me to re-open a 5 year old closed account that I closed in good standing (would have never thought to do it without this board started at 500, now around 3500) same goes for an old Lord & Taylor account I had. Combined a bunch of crappy limit cards with Juniper thanks to you guys. State Farm took a chance after speaking with an underwriter and gave me 2,000.00 (never knew what an underwriter was before this board). Semi-secured card with B of A - no deposit required (my worst card, 500.00 limt, will not budge - had it for over a year...) Luckily I got it with USAA just before they changed their policy in regards to non-military and thankfully I did...

Just keep on pushing guys, there is no secret, it all on this website plain as day... If you put in the time, the results will definitely come... Thank you all again.

My APR sucks, but it's just nice knowing you have 25k on a card. Hopefully some of my other cards will follow suit with big increases... damn this made my day! :D

Started off almost a year ago on this board. Scores averaged 600, now they average close to 700. Still a couple stubborn baddies that need to go... I had zero cards when I started here (they were all charged off!) Combination of disputing, paying old debts, etc. I have significantly cleaned up my reports. Started off with a 200.00 limit on a Target store card (now a 1,000.00 credit card) then Re-habbed a Macy's (started at 850, now at 3,000, got the Hooter's next (started at 500 now 2000), Nordstrom's took a chance on me and gave me a 500.00 limit (now my favorite store) they were the first ones to give me a real credit line ---> 7500.00... , Bloomie's allowed me to re-open a 5 year old closed account that I closed in good standing (would have never thought to do it without this board started at 500, now around 3500) same goes for an old Lord & Taylor account I had. Combined a bunch of crappy limit cards with Juniper thanks to you guys. State Farm took a chance after speaking with an underwriter and gave me 2,000.00 (never knew what an underwriter was before this board). Semi-secured card with B of A - no deposit required (my worst card, 500.00 limt, will not budge - had it for over a year...) Luckily I got it with USAA just before they changed their policy in regards to non-military and thankfully I did...

Just keep on pushing guys, there is no secret, it all on this website plain as day... If you put in the time, the results will definitely come... Thank you all again.

My APR sucks, but it's just nice knowing you have 25k on a card. Hopefully some of my other cards will follow suit with big increases... damn this made my day! :D

Congrats, poo.

Poo,

You have to change your name because your credit is no longer as you describe it. :D

Congrats and keep up the great work!

God Bless

My APR sucks, but it's just nice knowing you have 25k on a card. Hopefully some of my other cards will follow suit with big increases... damn this made my day! :blink:

That is an awesome story. CONGRATS!!!!!

Super story,

How did you do it??? I am post bk 3 years, and my fico is in mid 500 i have re-established my credit, merrick bank, target, juinper, usairways, pd off car loan americredit, never a minute late on any of them!!!!! I pay more than the minimum and keep low balances. Please share...

Many thanks

rachel

Super story,

How did you do it??? I am post bk 3 years, and my fico is in mid 500 i have re-established my credit, merrick bank, target, juinper, usairways, pd off car loan americredit, never a minute late on any of them!!!!! I pay more than the minimum and keep low balances. Please share...

Many thanks

rachel

Well... the first thing I did was read as much as I could on this board. There is almost too much information on this board and not all of it will apply to your specific case. Ingest what you can, process what you need, and then just chip away.

My main piece of advise is persistence & patience. You may have to talk to 100 people at a particular company to get your point across and be heard... here are a few examples...

1. I had 3 Verizon baddies on each of my reports that would not budge. I called millions of times, sent dozens of letters, even received some email responses from some higher ups within Verizon, but they all said the same thing "no we can't remove". I finally got the email address of the president or vice president of Verizon (can't remember) and he of course got everything removed for me. Thanks to this board, I got the email address...

2. I had an old & closed Bloomie's, card in good standing. I may have called 10-15 times to get it re-opened, everyone I spoke with said no it can't be done, the account is too old to be re-opened. Well magically, the 16th person I called was able to open it without a problem...

3. Same goes for disputing, you may have to dispute an item 15 times before it gets removed or 15 different ways... hand written letter, typed letter, fax, email, electronic, phone call... you have to be persistent.

4. I had a Sprint charge off that went to collections... the account was so old that Sprint didn't even have the account number any longer. I called Sprint dozens of times wanting to pay it in full because it just wouldn't budge from my reports, they kept saying no, you have to pay the collection agency that it was sold to. For carious reasons, I didn't want to pay the collection agency. I finally got all the account info. from the collection agency, then through doing a search on this board I was able to get some special number for a Sprint Finance Department... they gladly took my payment. I then called the collection agency a few weeks later, played dumb and asked them why are they trying to collect a debt that was paid directly to Sprint? Sure enough, the collection was removed for all 3 of my reports...

Be persistent & patient, be creative, DEFINITELY be nice to the person on the other end of the phone, being nice will get you a LONG way...

My breakthrough came 1 day when I decided to create a spreadsheet so I can better keep up with my cards... I just called all my creditors to get basic account info such as APR, limit, balance... I was nice to all of them, I found that most account rep's know when and how much they can give you as far as a credit line increase... I just played dumb and asked all of them "when exactly is my credit limit increased and is it done automatically or do I have to request it"? Just by their responses with all of them to that question, I was able to basically double my credit lines with most of my cards... sometimes they tell you what they can give you and anything more will require a pull...

Super story,

Many thanks

rachel

Well... the first thing I did was read as much as I could on this board. There is almost too much information on this board and not all of it will apply to your specific case. Ingest what you can, process what you need, and then just chip away.

My main piece of advise is persistence & patience. You may have to talk to 100 people at a particular company to get your point across and be heard... here are a few examples...

1. I had 3 Verizon baddies on each of my reports that would not budge. I called millions of times, sent dozens of letters, even received some email responses from some higher ups within Verizon, but they all said the same thing "no we can't remove". I finally got the email address of the president or vice president of Verizon (can't remember) and he of course got everything removed for me. Thanks to this board, I got the email address...

2. I had an old & closed Bloomie's, card in good standing. I may have called 10-15 times to get it re-opened, everyone I spoke with said no it can't be done, the account is too old to be re-opened. Well magically, the 16th person I called was able to open it without a problem...

3. Same goes for disputing, you may have to dispute an item 15 times before it gets removed or 15 different ways... hand written letter, typed letter, fax, email, electronic, phone call... you have to be persistent.

4. I had a Sprint charge off that went to collections... the account was so old that Sprint didn't even have the account number any longer. I called Sprint dozens of times wanting to pay it in full because it just wouldn't budge from my reports, they kept saying no, you have to pay the collection agency that it was sold to. For carious reasons, I didn't want to pay the collection agency. I finally got all the account info. from the collection agency, then through doing a search on this board I was able to get some special number for a Sprint Finance Department... they gladly took my payment. I then called the collection agency a few weeks later, played dumb and asked them why are they trying to collect a debt that was paid directly to Sprint? Sure enough, the collection was removed for all 3 of my reports...

Be persistent & patient, be creative, DEFINITELY be nice to the person on the other end of the phone, being nice will get you a LONG way...

My breakthrough came 1 day when I decided to create a spreadsheet so I can better keep up with my cards... I just called all my creditors to get basic account info such as APR, limit, balance... I was nice to all of them, I found that most account rep's know when and how much they can give you as far as a credit line increase... I just played dumb and asked all of them "when exactly is my credit limit increased and is it done automatically or do I have to request it"? Just by their responses with all of them to that question, I was able to basically double my credit lines with most of my cards... sometimes they tell you what they can give you and anything more will require a pull...

You mentioned a card with BOA, what did they say regarding CLI and doing credit pulls?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Very encouraging to this newbie just starting the process.

Congrats on everything!! It gives us newbies hope and some fuel for the fire..

Congrats, poo.

Hello,

I am new to this board and very excited with a hope that I finally found the kind of resource that would help me bounce back.

I have about 7 neg accounts on my credit report, a 13 BK and on my 34th month, and foreclosure in 2010. All neg accounts are paid in full and all but one paid to the OC. I disputed and got two deleted. Verizon is one of the stubborn one although it was paid in full back in 2008.

My FICO is currently TU 620, Equi 599 but I was not able to get EXP. I have a 2K Secured CC from Wells Fargo and I also saw this USA Credit with $7500 CL that I have forgotten I had until I pulled my TU CR. I would like to increase my score and by increasing my available credit but I am afraid of being denied by credit status and affect my score adversely. Any recommendation? I shop at Nordstrom and use my debit card, will that help? Wallmart, Target ?

I would apperciate any help.

Hopefull:)

Congrats, poo.

Hello,

I am new to this board and very excited with a hope that I finally found the kind of resource that would help me bounce back.

I have about 7 neg accounts on my credit report, a 13 BK and on my 34th month, and foreclosure in 2010. All neg accounts are paid in full and all but one paid to the OC. I disputed and got two deleted. Verizon is one of the stubborn one although it was paid in full back in 2008.

My FICO is currently TU 620, Equi 599 but I was not able to get EXP. I have a 2K Secured CC from Wells Fargo and I also saw this USA Credit with $7500 CL that I have forgotten I had until I pulled my TU CR. I would like to increase my score and by increasing my available credit but I am afraid of being denied by credit status and affect my score adversely. Any recommendation? I shop at Nordstrom and use my debit card, will that help? Wallmart, Target ?

i was right there with you i had a bk in 2004 cleaned up had a foreclosure end 5/11 and a recently PIF charge off went from 740 to 490 kept the 2 cap ones in check and the 2 orchards.. not even a year later after a few disputes im a 711 in 11 months from a 490.. have 20k in cards n lines from NFCU 3k at USAA 2 brand new cars at 1.9% thru ally and about 30k in visas from credit unions.. sittin on 12 retail cards and the score just keeps goin up there is hope VERY soon after a disaster.

Congrats, poo.

Hello,

i was right there with you i had a bk in 2004 cleaned up had a foreclosure end 5/11 and a recently PIF charge off went from 740 to 490 kept the 2 cap ones in check and the 2 orchards.. not even a year later after a few disputes im a 711 in 11 months from a 490.. have 20k in cards n lines from NFCU 3k at USAA 2 brand new cars at 1.9% thru ally and about 30k in visas from credit unions.. sittin on 12 retail cards and the score just keeps goin up there is hope VERY soon after a disaster.

WOW!!! Thanks for your response. This is very encouraging :)

I have verbal promise from Verizon, a medical CA, 2 other debitors to get items deleted from my credit report after quite a few disputes and goodwill adjustment request letters but I will have to wait and see.

Any chance in getting a foreclosure deleted? Do you think if I contact the lender they will come after me claiming they incured a loss?

Thanks,

Hopeful