Sign in to follow this  
TrevorHere

Patelco - great credit union

Are they still any good? My visa which has now become a mastercard has been stuck at $1500 for 4 years and I'm considering just closing out the accounts with them altogether as soon as I pay off my car loan with them...

I believe this was my first memberlicious mortgage experience. Thank you, CB!!!!!!!!

Are they still any good? My visa which has now become a mastercard has been stuck at $1500 for 4 years and I'm considering just closing out the accounts with them altogether as soon as I pay off my car loan with them...

the new(ish) rewards MC is pretty good but Patelco does not offer product changes.

Patelco - "meh"

As I recall they were one of the first to endure a "CB Effect" - I have a $5K MC with them now. Keeping it open for age.

my MC is at 20k which is where it was 10 years ago while rebuilding. 20k for a post BK consumer at that time was very good IMHO.

if I where apply today, the travel rewards card is not terrible, but I would not expect a limit any higher than my current limit.

I was a member for years...  It seems that they must have closed my account and grabbed my 5 big ones for the effort.  I never had any products with them.  I think I joined right at the end of a big CB credit line frenzy maybe 10 years ago then never applied.

A search of the term "Patelco" on my computer uncovers a letter I sent to Patelco's CEO in 2012.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:27 AM, hegemony said:

auto CLI from 20k to 25k!!!

I received an auto-CLI to 8K on that MC. I use it once per year to keep it open.