Sign in to follow this  
Sultan

state collection agency license boards

It's a partial list I threw together from my bookmarks, feel free to ad to it, or make corrections.

I figured it might be useful when someone searches for collection agency license, etc.

Oh and ...

as far as Delaware the 'tax-shelter" state where big businesses like to hide, your on your own, :o I think their rules are as crooked as a $3.00 bill, I guess because their so small they'll do anything to create business, even at the expense of the rest of the American economy

Oh and ...

as far as Delaware the 'tax-shelter" state where big businesses like to hide, your on your own, ;) I think their rules are as crooked as a $3.00 bill, I guess because their so small they'll do anything to create business, even at the expense of the rest of the American economy

I agree. I actually created a different thread RE: Delaware licensing requirements. Let's see if I can find the link...

Here it is: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...p=2501767

Hope this helps those of you in the First State.

I'm not sure if I am doing this right or not, but I have a couple of collection accounts on my reports from IC Systems out of Saint Paul, MN. When I went to the Minnesota link and did a search for them, I received the following message: "No Licensed Entity found matching the criteria."

From Lawdog.com: "There is no licensing or bond requirements for conducting collection activities in the State of Virginia."

This was provided by Kevin3344... just thought I'd add it here, too, in case anyone's looking.

As for Louisiana:

OFI does not regulate collection agencies.

Effective June 22, 2006, the 2006 Regular Session of the Louisiana State Legislature enacted Act 534 which

requires a collection agency to register with the Louisiana Secretary of State, (225) 925-4704.

Act 534

Secretary of State

I've yet to find the current regulations on Collection Agencies in LA through the Secretary of State. I know we require licensing and bonding, though I cannot find a place to look up CAs.

I'm not sure if I am doing this right or not, but I have a couple of collection accounts on my reports from IC Systems out of Saint Paul, MN. When I went to the Minnesota link and did a search for them, I received the following message: "No Licensed Entity found matching the criteria."

IC SYSTEMS

I found it by going to their website, where they give their license # and using that to locate them. Kind of backwards, but it worked.

Sooo...If the CA attempting to collect a debt from me isn't listed as an official licensed CA in my state...they're illegally attempting to collect???