Patelco wanting tons on INFO WHY?

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

You want EXTRA STUFF............

Have people print off the application ON-LINE and mail it in with all the EXTRA STUFF THEY WANT

Don't ask for 3 things...THEN ask for 2 more things...days or weeks later

and if the 3 original things dont match some report or file the CU has accessed, I guess they should deny the credit app instead of asking for further docs.... Would that then satisfy ya GEORGE?? just deny and move on & not give the consumer a chance to make things right

WHY NOT JUST SAY DENIED???

I have been DENIED more times than many here have even applied for credit

3 HARDS (#3 was theirs)

EXCESSIVE INCOME

EXCESSIVE CREDIT

TOO MANY CLOSED TRADE LINES

I could go on...but I don't want to be FLAMED more

because if the applicant wanted to be DENIED they wouldnt apply from the beginning.... Just because GEORGE gets denied and decides to go on & on about it in every thread related or not, Im sure there are countless others who would appreciate the "toy" CL of $1500 and will provde the docs instead of a receiving a denial letter..... and instead of complaining they will use & pay the cards responsibly and move on

this isnt about whats best for GEORGE...its about the OP and many others who are building TLs and credit history and dont see the indignity in a creditor ensuring you can repay any possible debt

let THEM have their peace

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?   They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work f

Many CU's ask for DL and paystubs.   ARE you self-employed?

I'll keep it above board, too.     After all, we are all on this board to help each other and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

I'm glad that Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue don't OFFEND THEIR CUSTOMERS by being too invasive...otherwise, I wouldn't have opened accounts there...
Offend their customers :dance::P:rofl:

This is their policy & it's WELL known here. I think you have offended them by applying and wasting their time knowing you probably be asked for docs and then walk away. Boy some people have some egos :huh: !

:clapping:

You want EXTRA STUFF............

Have people print off the application ON-LINE and mail it in with all the EXTRA STUFF THEY WANT

Don't ask for 3 things...THEN ask for 2 more things...days or weeks later

No disagreement there. Maybe on the application say that you MAY also be required to submit additional information. Let the applicant decide from there.

But at the end of the day I still don't have a problem with creditors asking for proof of financial wherewithal.

I previously mentioned here about a BANK APPLICATION I got some years ago in the mail

THEY BASICALLY WANTED A P&L STATEMENT (on top of the usual application questions)

ALL ASSETS

ALL LIABILITIES

It was like 4 pages long

The people who applied got as high as $2,000

I'm glad that Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue don't OFFEND THEIR CUSTOMERS by being too invasive...otherwise, I wouldn't have opened accounts there...
Offend their customers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is their policy & it's WELL known here. I think you have offended them by applying and wasting their time knowing you probably be asked for docs and then walk away. Boy some people have some egos :huh: !

B)

FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW...

STATE FARM VISA was one of 2 cards I ever refused to keep for more than one day

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

And it took 2 or 3 weeks to do a 2 into 1 and close it

(had to call more than 4 or 5 times)

People here act like I refuse like 10 or 20 cards a year...EVERY YEAR

I'm am not trying to pick a battle with you but the REGULARS here can really sway a newbie and your reply can most certainly make the OP walk away from a new TL with a good CU without thinking about it.

You say it's only 1,500.00 but 1,500.00 to the OP will be one of his high TL's

sounds logical to me. I sent PAtelco my W2s and a copy of my DL. that was it.

Sounds logical to me too. You are asking them to grant large amounts of credit. It seems only fair that they might want to make sure that you can service the debt.

...and all the $100,000's of credit that happened with-out anything extra doesn't count???

from who? AMEX????? CITI???? sometimes I think you forget that a lot of us on CB cannot (for various reasons) obtain credit from your beloved "prime" no-doc issuers. try to have some empathy for once.

B)

FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW...

STATE FARM VISA was one of 2 cards I ever refused to keep for more than one day

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

And it took 2 or 3 weeks to do a 2 into 1 and close it

(had to call more than 4 or 5 times)

People here act like I refuse like 10 or 20 cards a year...EVERY YEAR

I'm am not trying to pick a battle with you but the REGULARS here can really sway a newbie and your reply can most certainly make the OP walk away from a new TL with a good CU without thinking about it.

You say it's only 1,500.00 but 1,500.00 to the OP will be one of his high TL's

sounds logical to me. I sent PAtelco my W2s and a copy of my DL. that was it.

Sounds logical to me too. You are asking them to grant large amounts of credit. It seems only fair that they might want to make sure that you can service the debt.

...and all the $100,000's of credit that happened with-out anything extra doesn't count???

from who? AMEX????? CITI???? sometimes I think you forget that a lot of us on CB cannot (for various reasons) obtain credit from your beloved "prime" no-doc issuers. try to have some empathy for once.

B)

I'd send Patelco a DNA sample if they'd raise my limit...

B)

You bet. Like some people bragging about "$430K in revolving relationships" that I'll bet don't even exist.

B)

You bet. Like some people bragging about "$430K in revolving relationships" that I'll bet don't even exist.

:o:o:o

B)

Who are you talking about?????????

BETTER NOT BE ME

Edited by GEORGE

B)

Not you...

Just read some sig lines around here...

Edited by RDW12228

B)

RDW is talking about Joe (NYRfann)

B)

RDW is talking about Joe (NYRfann)

B)

1st off nobody is bragging I'm stating a fact that I am PROUD of considering I have a BK on my report and had very little before finding CB. I have come so far over the past year with the help of many people here, they have seen me grow and followed my ups and downs that's whats important.

2nd your choice not to believe it's all good.

At the request of Tee, that's all I'll say and let it go.

Edited by nyrfann

:glare:

BETTER NOT BE ME

Definitely not you...

BTW, I thought you had more than $430K (even after AMEX, etc.)

• Admin

nyrfann's accomplishments certainly have not gone unnoticed.

Personally, I am quite proud of one of our members whose hard work has so diligently paid off.

(((((((((((((((((((bowing)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

nyrfann's accomplishments certainly have not gone unnoticed.

Personally, I am quite proud of one of our members whose hard work has so diligently paid off.

(((((((((((((((((((bowing)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Joe has also created a very useful card tracking tool as well. I use it all the time.

He also gives back to the community.

BETTER NOT BE ME

Definitely not you...

I have not given out an exact number.........

Many would say I lie anyway so it wouldn't matter

BETTER NOT BE ME

Definitely not you...

I have not given out an exact number.........

Many would say I lie anyway so it wouldn't matter

George,

Those people are "haters" (not my term). You do not need to bother listening to them since you are a wealth of credit knowledge.

ETA: unlike some, I respect your 30+ years of perfect credit...

Edited by RDW12228
George,

Those people are "haters" (not my term). You do not need to bother listening to them since you are a wealth of credit knowledge.

ETA: unlike some, I respect your 30+ years of perfect credit...

you have no less reason to believe one over the other....you'd be better suited to just move on from the subject of who has what

nyrfann: ignore the haters. they don't have empathy for anyone else.

:peace:

?

is there a statement to place before your question mark? you could try the report button. it is broken for me but it might work for you.

some people have no problem disclosing financials in order to get a good credit card from a good card issuer. you, GEORGE, and others obviously don't want to disclose such information for such a card. that is your choice. no reason to acuse someone of lying.

nyrfann: ignore the haters. they don't have empathy for anyone else.

:peace:

?

is there a statement to place before your question mark? you could try the report button. it is broken for me but it might work for you.

some people have no problem disclosing financials in order to get a good credit card from a good card issuer. you, GEORGE, and others obviously don't want to disclose such information for such a card. that is your choice. no reason to acuse someone of lying.

Although this really isn't worth pursuing, I'd like to clarify a couple of points, because I happen to respect you as well.

1) I did not write, "some people have some egos."

2) I also did not write that I "offended" a bank by applying.

No, there is no statement before the question mark. I suppose I don't understand how one transmogrifies to a "hater" over a difference of opinion. My bad?

Can we all move on without the personal insults?

Edited by RDW12228

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.