Patelco wanting tons on INFO WHY?

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm glad that Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue don't OFFEND THEIR CUSTOMERS by being too invasive...otherwise, I wouldn't have opened accounts there...
Offend their customers :lol::huh::rofl:

This is their policy & it's WELL known here. I think you have offended them by applying and wasting their time knowing you probably be asked for docs and then walk away. Boy some people have some egos :huh: !

Edited by nyrfann

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?   They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work f

Many CU's ask for DL and paystubs.   ARE you self-employed?

I'll keep it above board, too.     After all, we are all on this board to help each other and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?

They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work for X company? what is up with all the questions, this is beginning to be a waste of my time now.......

any thoughts?

My answer would be NO THANK YOU

You already gave them 3 more things than I would ever give

(DL and SS card and current paystub)

No offense George, not everybody is in the position like you and most recently myself to just turn down a new positive TL. Some people here know you and know why you are saying this but then again some people don't. We know you don't need the TL & take offense to such requests!

The OP has a pretty thin file and could use the TL. He/She was asking why Patelco needs so much info not what would people do.

To the OP, when I was building my credit I sent whatever was needed to get the TL. Who knows why sometimes they ask for so much info but if the TL is important to you then send the info. If you feel you have given enough info and want to give up a positive TL then walk away.

And for the records just like you don't have CAPSPHOBIA, not everybody has SEND DOCPHOBIA.

MANY THOUSANDS OF CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS ARE APPROVED WITH-OUT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS EVERY SINGLE DAY

not everyone has "perfect" credit like you.

So the utility bill and pay stub and bank statement make their credit better "IF" it is SUB-PAR???

I'm glad that Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue don't OFFEND THEIR CUSTOMERS by being too invasive...otherwise, I wouldn't have opened accounts there...
Offend their customers :lol::huh::rofl:

This is their policy & it's WELL known here. I think you have offended them by applying and wasting their time knowing you probably be asked for docs and then walk away. Boy some people some egos!

yah...Patelco offended me to the tune of 20K no-limit cashback credit card.

LOL

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?

They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work for X company? what is up with all the questions, this is beginning to be a waste of my time now.......

any thoughts?

No offense George, not everybody is in the position like you and most recently myself to just turn down a new positive TL. Some people here know you and know why you are saying this but then again some people don't. We know you don't need the TL & take offense to such requests!

The OP has a pretty thin file and could use the TL. He/She was asking why Patelco needs so much info not what would people do.

To the OP, when I was building my credit I sent whatever was needed to get the TL. Who knows why sometimes they ask for so much info but if the TL is important to you then send the info. If you feel you have given enough info and want to give up a positive TL then walk away.

And for the records just like you don't have CAPSPHOBIA, not everybody has SEND DOCPHOBIA.

MANY THOUSANDS OF CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS ARE APPROVED WITH-OUT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS EVERY SINGLE DAY

not everyone has "perfect" credit like you.

So the utility bill and pay stub and bank statement make their credit better "IF" it is SUB-PAR???

you have no clue why they ask for documents do you?

Edited by hegemony
FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW...

STATE FARM VISA was one of 2 cards I ever refused to keep for more than one day

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

And it took 2 or 3 weeks to do a 2 into 1 and close it

(had to call more than 4 or 5 times)

People here act like I refuse like 10 or 20 cards a year...EVERY YEAR

I'm am not trying to pick a battle with you but the REGULARS here can really sway a newbie and your reply can most certainly make the OP walk away from a new TL with a good CU without thinking about it.

You say it's only 1,500.00 but 1,500.00 to the OP will be one of his high TL's

sounds logical to me. I sent PAtelco my W2s and a copy of my DL. that was it.

Sounds logical to me too. You are asking them to grant large amounts of credit. It seems only fair that they might want to make sure that you can service the debt.

any thoughts?

Recently shared an experience much like yours:

To establish a relationship w/ a local CU, for a $20K LOC, they requested the following:

1. Copy of most recent Partnership Return, including K1's

2. Last 2 Quarters Financial Statements

3. Personal Tax Return

4. My Partner's Personal Tax Return

In addition, pulled EQ Hards on both partners, before approving.............(when we decided to ask for increase to 30K for all the documentation, they actually had to take an extra day to take it back to loan "committee"...............

Approved, but not without "microscopic" examination..................was amazed !

any thoughts?

Recently shared an experience much like yours:

To establish a relationship w/ a local CU, for a $20K LOC, they requested the following:

1. Copy of most recent Partnership Return, including K1's

2. Last 2 Quarters Financial Statements

3. Personal Tax Return

4. My Partner's Personal Tax Return

In addition, pulled EQ Hards on both partners, before approving.............(when we decided to ask for increase to 30K for all the documentation, they actually had to take an extra day to take it back to loan "committee"...............

Approved, but not without "microscopic" examination..................was amazed !

We are in a different environment now. Lenders are clamping down and demanding more from would-be creditors. Money is no longer sloshing around.

I'm not surprised by Patelco or any other CU that requests this kind of information.

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

I'm am not trying to pick a battle with you but the REGULARS here can really sway a newbie and your reply can most certainly make the OP walk away from a new TL with a good CU without thinking about it.

Sounds logical to me too. You are asking them to grant large amounts of credit. It seems only fair that they might want to make sure that you can service the debt.

...and all the $100,000's of credit that happened with-out anything extra doesn't count???

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

...and all the $100,000's of credit that happened with-out anything extra doesn't count???

from who? AMEX????? CITI???? sometimes I think you forget that a lot of us on CB cannot (for various reasons) obtain credit from your beloved "prime" no-doc issuers. try to have some empathy for once.

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

as well as all the $100,000's with.

What is really funny about this is people are never happy (This is not towards you George just in general):

People complain when they get asked for docs during the application but then complain that Amex does not ask for docs during the application process but should (ask for docs during the application) instead of doing it during an F/R.

I'd bet if we look hard enough we'd find quite a few post from the sames person (s) that:

1- Complained that they got asked for docs during the application

2- Got an F/R and asked: why did they not ask for the docs when I applied

Edited by nyrfann

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

Oh, it counts for something. But a lot of that credit may have been acquired when you might have had a different financial situation. The CUs -- and anyone else who does due dilligence -- are just covering their bases.

It makes sense to me.

TIMES CHANGE.... THINGS CHANGE... RULES CHANGE....REQUIREMENTS CHANGE

Some banks that have never asked for Documents/proof very well may do so now..... maybe they didnt when YOU obtained credit with them but if you didnt apply at the same time (within reason which means within a few weeks or months) as the OP then thats a moot point

Patelco is a very good CU and if they asked for the docs, its not to kindle a fire with...If you need the TL or value the potential relationship, send the docs..... If your standards wont allow such "invasion" move on & hope others wont require the same

With nearly $30K in open credit from patelco I have yet to regret providing anything they ask for

a CU a very much less likely to FR or CLD ya down the road...better to have em on ya side than not

You want EXTRA STUFF............

Have people print off the application ON-LINE and mail it in with all the EXTRA STUFF THEY WANT

Don't ask for 3 things...THEN ask for 2 more things...days or weeks later

I like extra pickles and onions on my in-n-out burgers...

Have people print off the application ON-LINE and mail it in with all the EXTRA STUFF THEY WANT

No disagreement there. Maybe on the application say that you MAY also be required to submit additional information. Let the applicant decide from there.

But at the end of the day I still don't have a problem with creditors asking for proof of financial wherewithal.

Agreed, but 99% of the time here once the requested docs are sent the person is good to go. Something the OP sent raised a question which needed extra docs. Instead of denying they ask for more verification. Edited by nyrfann

and if the 3 original things dont match some report or file the CU has accessed, I guess they should deny the credit app instead of asking for further docs.... Would that then satisfy ya GEORGE?? just deny and move on & not give the consumer a chance to make things right

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

What is really funny about this is people are never happy (This is not towards you George just in general):

People complain when they get asked for docs during the application but then complain that Amex does not ask for docs during the application process but should (ask for docs during the application) instead of doing it during an F/R.

I'd bet if we look hard enough we'd find quite a few post from the sames person (s) that:

HAD AMEX ASKED FOR ANYTHING IN ADVANCE I WOULD HAVE NOT GOT MY FIRST CARD

But letting me have $200,000+ for more than a year or two and then doing a MASSIVE CLD (96.1%) was just wrong no matter how you look at it

I DID NOTHING WRONG

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

But letting me have $200,000+ for more than a year or two and then doing a MASSIVE CLD (96.1%) was just wrong no matter how you look at it

I DID NOTHING WRONG

Again my post was not towards you I know you stick to your guns!

I DID NOTHING WRONG

well in that case I hope every future app ya put in asks you for W2s & SS cards and last 2 yrs tax forms... then ya can refuse to send it in & then ya wont have to worry about the CLD a year or 2 later

in the meantime, there are countless others who WILL send in those docs, however begrudgingly, and move on withtheir happy go lucky selves

and if the 3 original things dont match some report or file the CU has accessed, I guess they should deny the credit app instead of asking for further docs.... Would that then satisfy ya GEORGE?? just deny and move on & not give the consumer a chance to make things right

WHY NOT JUST SAY DENIED???

I have been DENIED more times than many here have even applied for credit

3 HARDS (#3 was theirs)

EXCESSIVE INCOME

EXCESSIVE CREDIT

TOO MANY CLOSED TRADE LINES

I could go on...but I don't want to be FLAMED more

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.