Patelco wanting tons on INFO WHY?

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I would have liked to have gotten the 5.9% BT rate, but it wasn't worth it for me right now...

My hope is that in time they will approve me without having to send docs in...

Of course, even a cursory reading of fatwallet.com suggests that there are many other banks that offer 0% BT's...

Your choice.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?   They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work f

Many CU's ask for DL and paystubs.   ARE you self-employed?

I'll keep it above board, too.     After all, we are all on this board to help each other and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

MANY THOUSANDS OF CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS ARE APPROVED WITH-OUT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS EVERY SINGLE DAY

GEORGE, yes, that is true. However, I've found my most valuable CC to be with a CU - one that requested paystubs, copy of DL - and YES, even W-2's. Patelco has been a good foundation for MANY on this board (a "baddie" or "thin file" friendly CU).

And OMG Joe :cry2: at send docphobia!!!!!!!

As you should know..........

I never have provided anything in 30+ years...

WHY START NOW????????????

Not everybody has that luxury. Some people need to do things differently to obtain what they need or want.

I for one have no problem showing id or taking a hard for a cli, or sending docs / answering questions when needed.

SORRY I'm not as willing to BEND OVER AND SPREAD THEM as some here are

Well I guess I have no problem bending over.

Not my cup of tea...

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?

They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work for X company? what is up with all the questions, this is beginning to be a waste of my time now.......

any thoughts?

Many CU's ask for DL and paystubs.

ARE you self-employed?

NOPE!

I can understand paystub and DL and SS card.

I have been employed as a manager for the same Company since 2005. Now Patelco wants all my w2's and 1040's since I 2005 to verify income. My salary is 45k and make about 10k a year in bounes (I dont count that as income on apps though).

Now If I want the card for 1500 I need to call my accountant and have them dig up all my info............. really not worth my time........

I've had CU's request tax forms... I work for a small company and I've been told they "look fake"

:cry2:

That's because you guys use ADP (Ariel Drawing Productions) for your payroll service. That's why it looks fake. :grin:

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?

They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work for X company? what is up with all the questions, this is beginning to be a waste of my time now.......

any thoughts?

ARE you self-employed?

NOPE!

I have been employed as a manager for the same Company since 2005. Now Patelco wants all my w2's and 1040's since I 2005 to verify income. My salary is 45k and make about 10k a year in bounes (I dont count that as income on apps though).

Now If I want the card for 1500 I need to call my accountant and have them dig up all my info............. really not worth my time........

I've had CU's request tax forms... I work for a small company and I've been told they "look fake"

That's because you guys use ADP (Ariel Drawing Productions) for your payroll service. That's why it looks fake. :grin:

:lol:

I knew it was you without even seeing who posted.

I miss your drawings :(

W-2 and 1040 is just more fishing

BUT THEN I'M ALWAYS WRONG SO DON'T LISTEN TO ME

I did not say you were wrong!

I didn't either. I just said - IN MY CASE - I understood WHY they wanted tax forms. I don't HAVE paystubs. I have a print out of a spreadsheet. It has no company logo, I could have created it in 2 minutes.

In fact - paystubs are the ONLY reason I was denied with NASA - they wouldn't even consider tax docs to prove income. (Hence why they aren't getting a 2nd chance).

Did I say you did?????????

:grin:

Many here do though...

I've never provided any docs for a personal cc. IMO this sounds like more hassle than I'd be willing to go through for a card.

It is a PITA

Yea I know it's a PITA to walk over to a fax machine dial 11 digits and get a TL. I think it's harder to fill out the actual application. Edited by nyrfann
I've never provided any docs for a personal cc. IMO this sounds like more hassle than I'd be willing to go through for a card.

It is a PITA

Please, explain why? How long does it take to fax a few pages?

The docs are good for ALL their products. You send them once, they keep them on file. Good for personal loans, car loans, etc.

But ok.

(Ok, Joe. :cry2: You are on a roll today.......)

Edited by squirrelgirl

It is a PITA

The docs are good for ALL their products. You send them once, they keep them on file. Good for personal loans, car loans, etc.

But ok.

:grin:

It is a PITA

But ok.

So then if one's income either increases or decreases, they only require the first set of documents, basing subsequent approvals on that?

FWIW, in my experience, they told me because I was a new member, I had to provide them. I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle right now. The inference, of course, I took from this, is that down the road something may be no doc.

What I took from the whole experience was that apparently they didn't want my business...In a hyper-competitive marketplace there are choices and I took them.

Others may have chosen differently.

Edited by RDW12228

It is a PITA

But ok.

So then if one's income either increases or decreases, they only require the first set of documents, basing subsequent approvals on that?

FWIW, in my experience, they told me because I was a new member, I had to provide them. I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle right now. The inference, of course, I took from this, is that down the road something may be no doc.

What I took from the whole experience was that apparently they didn't want my business...In a hyper-competitive marketplace there are choices and I took them.

Yes you only send one time. PenFed is known for asking for docs but they are one of the best CU's here and worth a bit of an effort. You are not hurting them but deciding it was not worth it but you are losing out on an excellent CU. As SG the 5% cash back alone makes the CU worth it!

Oh and if they asked for docs now they'll ask for them in a year, that's not going to change.

Edited by nyrfann

any thoughts?

ARE you self-employed?

NOPE!

That's because you guys use ADP (Ariel Drawing Productions) for your payroll service. That's why it looks fake. :P

:P

I knew it was you without even seeing who posted.

I miss your drawings :(

I'm sure I could find one -- even while on vacation. Let me see what I can find. I'll see if I can find the proof of income document that you sent to NASA.

It is a PITA

But ok.

Yes you only send one time. PenFed is known for asking for docs one of the best CU's here. You are not hurting them but deciding it was not worth it but you are losing out on an excellent CU. As SG the 5% cash back alone makes the CU worth it!

Oh and if they asked for docs now they'll ask for them in a year, that's not going to change.

Well, I guess I'll just have to agree with George on this one...

With everything out there, it just isn't worth it...

I hear ya!

The guy was asking me question after question about everything under the sun..... I was about to ask him if he wanted t o know when I took my last Sh$T..... HEHE

leaving.gif

Last time I posted something like this Hegemony tried to call me out on a violation of TOS.

But, it was still funny! :lol:

it is also now allowed to bash and make fun of hegemony. plenty of others get away with. why not you.

It is a PITA

But ok.

(Ok, Joe. :lol: You are on a roll today.......)

Some people get 3 or 4 offers in their mail box every week

I WISH I DID (but that is another story)

There are 1,000's of banks

TOO BAD ALL OF THEM PULL EXPERIAN

I gotta' get that FREEZE

FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW...

STATE FARM VISA was one of 2 cards I ever refused to keep for more than one day

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

And it took 2 or 3 weeks to do a 2 into 1 and close it

(had to call more than 4 or 5 times)

People here act like I refuse like 10 or 20 cards a year...EVERY YEAR

I'm am not trying to pick a battle with you but the REGULARS here can really sway a newbie and your reply can most certainly make the OP walk away from a new TL with a good CU without thinking about it.

You say it's only 1,500.00 but 1,500.00 to the OP will be one of his high TL's

sounds logical to me. I sent PAtelco my W2s and a copy of my DL. that was it.

any thoughts?

My answer would be NO THANK YOU

You already gave them 3 more things than I would ever give

(DL and SS card and current paystub)

No offense George, not everybody is in the position like you and most recently myself to just turn down a new positive TL. Some people here know you and know why you are saying this but then again some people don't. We know you don't need the TL & take offense to such requests!

The OP has a pretty thin file and could use the TL. He/She was asking why Patelco needs so much info not what would people do.

To the OP, when I was building my credit I sent whatever was needed to get the TL. Who knows why sometimes they ask for so much info but if the TL is important to you then send the info. If you feel you have given enough info and want to give up a positive TL then walk away.

And for the records just like you don't have CAPSPHOBIA, not everybody has SEND DOCPHOBIA.

MANY THOUSANDS OF CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS ARE APPROVED WITH-OUT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS EVERY SINGLE DAY

not everyone has "perfect" credit like you.

FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW...

STATE FARM VISA was one of 2 cards I ever refused to keep for more than one day

#2 was AMEX CLEAR

And it took 2 or 3 weeks to do a 2 into 1 and close it

(had to call more than 4 or 5 times)

People here act like I refuse like 10 or 20 cards a year...EVERY YEAR

Why on Earth would anybody "need to know" that you don't like State Farm credit cards in a thread about Patelco?

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.