Patelco wanting tons on INFO WHY?

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

If I understand the OP his high CL is Kay Jewelers at 2K, I think he needs a TL like this in his report.

If he is offended I don't really think he should be!

I have 2k jareds 2k kay, 1.5k Merrick, 1.1k Hooters, 1k Wamu, 800 Orchard, 300 WM, 200 Target, 500 Sams, 750 Juniper, 500 cap 1, maybe another one somewhere.............

I dont think I am really "hurting" for a card

Edited by CMH

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?   They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work f

Many CU's ask for DL and paystubs.   ARE you self-employed?

I'll keep it above board, too.     After all, we are all on this board to help each other and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?

They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work for X company? what is up with all the questions, this is beginning to be a waste of my time now.......

any thoughts?

My answer would be NO THANK YOU

You already gave them 3 more things than I would ever give

(DL and SS card and current paystub)

No offense George, not everybody is in the position like you and most recently myself to just turn down a new positive TL. Some people here know you and know why you are saying this but then again some people don't. We know you don't need the TL & take offense to such requests!

The OP has a pretty thin file and could use the TL. He/She was asking why Patelco needs so much info not what would people do.

To the OP, when I was building my credit I sent whatever was needed to get the TL. Who knows why sometimes they ask for so much info but if the TL is important to you then send the info. If you feel you have given enough info and want to give up a positive TL then walk away.

And for the records just like you don't have CAPSPHOBIA, not everybody has SEND DOCPHOBIA.

MANY THOUSANDS OF CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS ARE APPROVED WITH-OUT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS EVERY SINGLE DAY

Yes and many CU request doc and ask many questions.
Ok they ask for DL and SS card and current paystub, send that in. NOW that want the last two years w-2's and 1040's?

They kept asking me question's like are you self employeed etc or do you work for X company? what is up with all the questions, this is beginning to be a waste of my time now.......

any thoughts?

No offense George, not everybody is in the position like you and most recently myself to just turn down a new positive TL. Some people here know you and know why you are saying this but then again some people don't. We know you don't need the TL & take offense to such requests!

The OP has a pretty thin file and could use the TL. He/She was asking why Patelco needs so much info not what would people do.

To the OP, when I was building my credit I sent whatever was needed to get the TL. Who knows why sometimes they ask for so much info but if the TL is important to you then send the info. If you feel you have given enough info and want to give up a positive TL then walk away.

And for the records just like you don't have CAPSPHOBIA, not everybody has SEND DOCPHOBIA.

They got 3 items

Then they ask for more???????????

This is only for $1,500

The OP made it sound like this was an insult in itself

LIKE MY STATE FARM VISA

Not really an insult, I understand "SOME" would lie, cheat, whatever to get a card.... I am not like that I just didnt care for the fact that I was asked tons of questions when I was on the phone with them...... Like I was lieing to them or something, Heck, call the owner of the company or something.....

Also the funny thing is THEY Are not calling me at home or on my cell they are calling me at work......

I have got a few calls at work and I always tell them to make a note that this will be their last call to me at work UNLESS they suspect that my card has been stolen

And it better not be about a charge that I did at my own store because it was for more than $100

I have permission from corporate to spend as much as I want in the store

I could even spend more than $1,000 in a day

OOOOOO

name='CMH' date='Aug 7 2007, 05:25 PM' post='2484151'

If I understand the OP his high CL is Kay Jewelers at 2K, I think he needs a TL like this in his report.

I have 2k jareds 2k kay, 1.5k Merrick, 1.1k Hooters, 1k Wamu, 800 Orchard, 300 WM, 200 Target, 500 Sams, 750 Juniper, 500 cap 1, maybe another one somewhere.............

I dont think I am really "hurting" for a car

Nobody said you are hurting BUT you asked for 1,500.00 received 1,500.00 so there is no reason to be offended.

MANY THOUSANDS OF CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS ARE APPROVED WITH-OUT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS EVERY SINGLE DAY

GEORGE, yes, that is true. However, I've found my most valuable CC to be with a CU - one that requested paystubs, copy of DL - and YES, even W-2's. Patelco has been a good foundation for MANY on this board (a "baddie" or "thin file" friendly CU).

And OMG Joe :good: at send docphobia!!!!!!!

CMH

I dont think I am really "hurting" for a card

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would go for WALMART--DISCOVER or SAMS--DISCOVER (GE MONEY BANK)

I bet you could get more than just $1,500 on it

Edited by GEORGE

Nobody said you are hurting BUT you asked for 1,500.00 received 1,500.00 so there is no reason to be offended.

Totally not offened............

MY HEAD IS NOW SPINNING LOL

GEORGE, yes, that is true. However, I've found my most valuable CC to be with a CU - one that requested paystubs, copy of DL - and YES, even W-2's. Patelco has been a good foundation for MANY on this board (a "baddie" or "thin file" friendly CU).

And OMG Joe :rofl: at send docphobia!!!!!!!

As you should know..........

I never have provided anything in 30+ years...

WHY START NOW????????????

I hear you GEORGE. It is a personal choice.

The same reason why if I am denied a card I will NOT try again...

(IE, I will never have DENIED X 4)

If you want Patelco do what's needed they are a great CU, if you feel it's too much walk.

For the record if my credit situation was similar to yours I do what I could to get in with Patelco.

any thoughts?

Yes and many CU request doc and ask many questions.

..and that is why I only have one...PYRAMID VISA (the home of HARD or NO WAY)

If you want Patelco do what's needed they are a great CU, if you feel it's too much walk.

For the record if my credit situation was similar to yours I do what I could to get in with Patelco.

Thanks for all your advice,

Not everybody has that luxury. Some people need to do things differently to obtain what they need or want.

I for one have no problem showing id or taking a hard for a cli, or sending docs / answering questions when needed.

Edited by nyrfann

any thoughts?

My answer would be the same as George's. I just had a similar experience with Penfed...

any thoughts?

I turned down $15K with Penfed...

That's OK. I picked up $76.2K on my app spree w/o Penfed...

any thoughts?

I turned down $15K with Penfed...

That's OK. I picked up $76.2K on my app spree w/o Penfed...

Your choice. I have 60K unsecured with Penfed, 5% back on gas 1.25% on all other purchases.... :rofl:

Not everybody has that luxury. Some people need to do things differently to obtain what they need or want.

I for one have no problem showing id or taking a hard for a cli, or sending docs / answering questions when needed.

SORRY I'm not as willing to BEND OVER AND SPREAD THEM as some here are

W-2 and 1040 is just more fishing

BUT THEN I'M ALWAYS WRONG SO DON'T LISTEN TO ME

:cry2:

I did not say you were wrong!

I didn't either. I just said - IN MY CASE - I understood WHY they wanted tax forms. I don't HAVE paystubs. I have a print out of a spreadsheet. It has no company logo, I could have created it in 2 minutes.

In fact - paystubs are the ONLY reason I was denied with NASA - they wouldn't even consider tax docs to prove income. (Hence why they aren't getting a 2nd chance).

And OMG Joe :cry2: at send docphobia!!!!!!!

SORRY I'm not as willing to BEND OVER AND SPREAD THEM as some here are

Well I guess I have no problem bending over.

I would have liked to have gotten the 5.9% BT rate, but it wasn't worth it for me right now...

My hope is that in time they will approve me without having to send docs in...

Of course, even a cursory reading of fatwallet.com suggests that there are many other banks that offer 0% BT's...

Edited by RDW12228

The last post in this topic was posted 5000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.