Sign in to follow this  
hotgingersnap

BOA CLIs

Because of all the great information I've gained here, I took the plunge and requested CLIs with BOA on all three accounts this morning (online). Here are the results:

Platinum MC - was 7000 increased to 10800 (I didn't enter an amount, this was the amount given)

Signature Visa (formerly MBNA) - was 13600 increased to 18000 (I did enter the amount I wanted--should have requested more)

Signature Visa - was 7000 increased to 12000 (I entered the amount i wanted on this one as well--I gotta stop lowballing)

Thanks to CB, I've increased my TLs with BOA by 13200 in less than one minute!!!!

I'm sooooooooo happy I found this board!!!

:wub::D:mellow:

Because of all the great information I've gained here, I took the plunge and requested CLIs with BOA on all three accounts this morning (online). Here are the results:

Platinum MC - was 7000 increased to 10800 (I didn't enter an amount, this was the amount given)

Signature Visa (formerly MBNA) - was 13600 increased to 18000 (I did enter the amount I wanted--should have requested more)

Signature Visa - was 7000 increased to 12000 (I entered the amount i wanted on this one as well--I gotta stop lowballing)

Thanks to CB, I've increased my TLs with BOA by 13200 in less than one minute!!!!

:clapping::rofl: :rofl:

Wow, those are very generous CLI's... congrats!

I haven't had any luck with any CLI with B of A.. I even just asked one.. but they declined me for not enough history.. --- my oldest TL is 8 years old.. and I've had this card for almost a year. --

They're not very generous to me...

Edited by Cassie!

:wub::huh::)

hey. don't blame us!!! :P

Congrats! You sure hit the jackpot today. Maybe they are in a giving mood. I think it's time for me to try my BOA luv button shortly.

;):wave::lol:

Did they do hard pulls inorder for you to recieve the increases?

:):angel::cry2:

Did they do hard pulls inorder for you to recieve the increases?

No hard.

:grin::yahoo::good:

hey. don't blame us!!! :P

I've FINALLY stopped laughing at your post long enough to reply. You are hilarious!!!

Totally OT: Why did my neighbor start cutting grass at 7:15??? Grrrrrrrrrrrr :rolleyes:

I love me some BofA. They are VERY generous with their CL. I started at $7500 back in '02 and have steadily progressed with them and currently sit at $44,600. It did take applying for a 2nd card to get additional limit, but I ended up leaving just $1k on it and moved the rest to my original card.

Congrats!

BOA finalled doubled my CL to 2k.

Just glad to get a CLI at all from them.

I just tried for one, got a message saying they will let me know the next business day. I think I'm declined.

I've only had the card for a little over a month

Edited by USARules

They haven't been good for me.

I asked for a CLI for a bt and I was declined saying I am at my max exposure with BOA! I only have a 6500 limit on a visa and a 5k on this BOA Amex. I wanted at least a 6500 on the BOA Amex so when I bt'd it would be under 30% for the card now it's closer to 50%! Oh well- 0% for 15 months worked out even with the bt fee.

I love me some BofA. They are VERY generous with their CL. I started at $7500 back in '02 and have steadily progressed with them and currently sit at $44,600. It did take applying for a 2nd card to get additional limit, but I ended up leaving just $1k on it and moved the rest to my original card.
Speaking of generous, I logged in found yet another $5k increase on my first card with them. That card is at $41,600 now and the 2nd card is at $8K.

They haven't been good for me.

I asked for a CLI for a bt and I was declined saying I am at my max exposure with BOA! I only have a 6500 limit on a visa and a 5k on this BOA Amex. I wanted at least a 6500 on the BOA Amex so when I bt'd it would be under 30% for the card now it's closer to 50%! Oh well- 0% for 15 months worked out even with the bt fee.

I would think I was at their max exposure long ago. I havent lied about my income or anything and my credit limits are equal to approximately 40% of my household income. Most banks exposure limits are 20-25% of your income. If I could just get them to cap that darn BT fee, I'd take major advantage of a 0% BT offer I have available until next October. I'd take $48k @ 0% in a heartbeat. Not worth a $1400+ transfer fee though.

I wanted to thank you guys as well.

I was given a BOA card - but with a $500 limit. I was a little bit disappointed, but it alerted me that there was a problem with my credit report, so I found out that there was a major error on it. I was able to get that cleaned up, and once I was sure it was cleaned up, I hit the luv button at BOA.

They increased my credit line from $500 to $5000. I always knew that they were a zero off on that. :P

So thank you guys for the advice. I don't know if I would have bothered to try. I'm now no longer as worried about having a $150 balance on the card, because it's not showing major utilization. :P

It's also a 0% card, so I had been hoping for a higher CL. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

Oh, and I didn't put in an amount. I let them choose it :)