Sign in to follow this  
Cassie!

Inquiries

I have TWELVE inqs just from Navy FCU alone.. I believe it may have been more at one point.. I may have b* some.. -- it's actually 15 if you count the mortgage inqs.. but -- do you think i could bump these off by sending a letter for inq. removal? -- or is it a bad idea to send a letter for valid inqs? i don't even know if this amount is accurate.. i didn't think there'd be that many.. -- i know some of them are from just getting in with navy..

any answers.. questions.. appreciated..!

I have TWELVE inqs just from Navy FCU alone.. I believe it may have been more at one point.. I may have b* some.. -- it's actually 15 if you count the mortgage inqs.. but -- do you think i could bump these off by sending a letter for inq. removal? -- or is it a bad idea to send a letter for valid inqs? i don't even know if this amount is accurate.. i didn't think there'd be that many.. -- i know some of them are from just getting in with navy..

These are EQ inquiries? If so, don't bother asking them to remove them. Seriously. Just B them.

These are EQ inquiries? If so, don't bother asking them to remove them. Seriously. Just B them.

Yeah..Equifax.. -- really? i really want these gone.. i need to the Citi offer of 40K miles!!! ha..

I think I can do it within 4 months.. bumping 33 inqs off.. or close to anyway

"B" or write the CRA

DUPLICATE HARDS from the same company in a short period of time "MAY" be removed by the CRA

or

RECODED

It is approved by CRA policy

Or just ignore them like SOME people say...they only hurt for 6--12 months

Are you saying that because it's a bad idea to ask? Or just because they won't do anything to help me?

I did it once a while back.. In May I think.. or whenever it was I joined.. and I got a couple removed..

"B" or write the CRA

DUPLICATE HARDS from the same company in a short period of time "MAY" be removed by the CRA

or

RECODED

It is approved by CRA policy

Or just ignore them like SOME people say...they only hurt for 6--12 months

I need these b* by 30 November.. I'm going for the 40K Mile offer from Citi..

Are you saying that because it's a bad idea to ask? Or just because they won't do anything to help me?

I did it once a while back.. In May I think.. or whenever it was I joined.. and I got a couple removed..

SOME people here think it is STUPID to dispute hards...

Even if they are "DUPLICATE"

That is all I can say...

That is all I can say...

so you recommend the OP dispute inqs even though they are from a creditor the OP has a major relationship with??? that is not good advice.

That is all I can say...

maybe SOME say it's STUPID because it IS.

Okay.. that's all I wanted to know..

As well, why do you think it's stupid?

there have been cases on this board (first hand stories, not friend-of-a-friend stories) where someone has disputed an inqiry and then had the whole TL deleted.

Use *b* and patience.

Ah.. I see - That's understandable.

I have patience.. my plan was b*ing anyway -- I b* one last night.. soo. I just didn't know what the deal was with that..

NP.

That's why you're encouraged to ask.

Here's some threads:

Lost TL after Inquiry Dispute

Disputing Inquiries (large thread)

More Disputing (a must read I think)

Inquiries OMG

Disputing Experian

There is more, but if you want to search through them, here you go, sorted by largest # of replies first:

If you REALLY don't believe me it's Stupid, click this link

NP.

That's why you're encouraged to ask.

Here's some threads:

Lost TL after Inquiry Dispute

Disputing Inquiries (large thread)

More Disputing (a must read I think)

Inquiries OMG

Disputing Experian

There is more, but if you want to search through them, here you go, sorted by largest # of replies first:

If you REALLY don't believe me it's Stupid, click this link

Nice.. thanks! I searched for inquiries.. but only three things came up.. none of this! Thanks so much!

*b* them off. They are I am sure valid - you never want to dispute inqs with a current creditor.

Okay.. I didn't realize and never saw/heard anything about that.. so I was curious.. Thanks again everyone for the help!

My wife and I had a similar situation here in San Diego with Mission Federal Credit Union. Between a new auto loan, mortgage and new checking, savings, money market and 401ks.....we had 11 inquiries from them in about a months time.

We sent a letter asking them to remove the unnecessary ones, just said we are constantly trying to improve our credit and that we realize that the inquiries won't hurt for long, but you never know when 30 FICO points would really hurt blah blah blah.

To our utter astonishment we got a return letter from them within the week: the part which made my jaw hit the floor:

"We have researched this matter and agree that any more then 2 credit reports pulled for the same individual within a one month period is unnecessary. We have, therefore submitted a request to ask that these unwarranted inquiries be removed from the Experian Credit Bureau."

I think it is situations like this one that make people willing to put up with some imperfections from your local credit union. We have never received such a courteous response from another creditor.

To finish the story, we called and thanked the branch manager(not for the removals as much as the outstanding customer service and quick reply) who had signed their letter. She told us, they were more worried about building customers for life then anything else.

Additionally, they credited us $100 toward our next car payment for our understanding.

I guess my point: It certainly doesn't hurt to ask, especially if you have an account in good standing with a local company.

I guess my point: It certainly doesn't hurt to ask, especially if you have an account in good standing with a local company.

big difference though in asking the OC and disputing with the CRAs ;)

big difference though in asking the OC and disputing with the CRAs :dntknw:

exactly. Ace2110 did not dispute with the CRAs.

Being new to CB, can someone tell me exactly what *B* (bumping) of inquiries is? Lord knows I literally have WAY TOO MANY on each CRA. I need help in getting them out of here.

Being new to CB, can someone tell me exactly what *B* (bumping) of inquiries is? Lord knows I literally have WAY TOO MANY on each CRA. I need help in getting them out of here.

check out the stickies in the newbies section.