Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Barclays closed my account.

The last post in this topic was posted 4840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

It was Bank of America doing this several months ago... Now a different company. Add in all the Amex F/Rs. Folks, the bottom line here is don't get attached to any one credit card. They can and will take it away as fast as they gave it to you.

well well well

in yesterday's mail:

BT checks from Juny....

Carnival 3.99% FOR LIFE 3% fee, $75 max

US Air 5.99% til Feb 08...3% fee, $75 max

Im closing US Air on Aug 1 & hoping to combo CL to Carnival ( Card will be 1 yr old and I dont want to pay annual fee)

Based on all I heard, and their inexplicable actions, I closed mine. I never use it, and I was not going to sit around and wait for an AA.

I doubt they are going to do this to everyone (just like Amex is not going to F/R everyone).

well well well

in yesterday's mail:

BT checks from Juny....

Im closing US Air on Aug 1 & hoping to combo CL to Carnival ( Card will be 1 yr old and I dont want to pay annual fee)

I honestly can't figure out why they never offer me promo BT's... 3.99% is decent, however, I'd kinda be scared to use it :mellow:

Never late, substantial over minimum payments. I got a letter that said they chose not to renew my account that expires this month. They said it had to do with TU report. I pulled it, no lates or negs for 2 years now. I asked about my other mastercard account that expires in 2010. They said it's fine. I'm deciding whether or not to close it too. You don't treat good customers that way.

That sucks :lol: . Did they explain exactly what was in the TU report they didn't like? I would leary of the other acct too.

well well well

in yesterday's mail:

BT checks from Juny....

HA ! I also received checks this week but with different terms.

"Take advantage of your available credit line and apr by transferring high interest debt to your Barclays....."

***Standard purhcase APR will apply to all transfers made with this offer.

My standard apr is 23% or so.... HA! <_<

It was Bank of America doing this several months ago... Now a different company. Add in all the Amex F/Rs. Folks, the bottom line here is don't get attached to any one credit card. They can and will take it away as fast as they gave it to you.

ITA. I like having the use of my barclays card but I'm not attached to it.

In the case of AA I think you get to keep the bt at the promotional rate for the length of the promotion. (Or so I've read on FW).

well well well

in yesterday's mail:

BT checks from Juny....

HA ! I also received checks this week but with different terms.

"Take advantage of your available credit line and apr by transferring high interest debt to your Barclays....."

***Standard purhcase APR will apply to all transfers made with this offer.

My standard apr is 23% or so.... HA! <_<

That's what mine are too... LOL.

well well well

in yesterday's mail:

BT checks from Juny....

Tee, you don't have to close it. I switched my US Airways MC to a NO-FEE US Airways Mastercard that they have (only 1 pt per $2 dollars... similar to AA Bronze). I really hate Juny though and don't hardly ever use their cards.

well well well

in yesterday's mail:

BT checks from Juny....

dw got them today too, but 3.9% on both carnival & us air for life

I rec'd that 3.99% BT for life on my now closed Carnvial card again this week.

LOL!!! Gotta love it! (I still get BT offers on my closed RBS card as well)

ITA. I like having the use of my barclays card but I'm not attached to it.

In the case of AA I think you get to keep the bt at the promotional rate for the length of the promotion. (Or so I've read on FW).

I asked them about this when they reduced my CL and they said my promo BT rate was stil intact.

Today Barclays called me with security calls and asked lots of questions, I've got a card a few days.

It would not be a big deal to me if they close my Juny card, all they gave me was a 250 CL and have never seen a CLI in 2 years. I use it to transfer balances because of the 9.9 rate. I pay it down then transfer over high interest rate card balances.

It would not be a big deal to me if they close my Juny card, all they gave me was a 250 CL and have never seen a CLI in 2 years. I use it to transfer balances because of the 9.9 rate. I pay it down then transfer over high interest rate card balances.

I got my only auto CLI at the two year mark... maybe they'll bump you to $500 ;)

Unreal... even Cap 1 does better CL's than that.

Yesterday, I received a letter from Barclay's saying they were decreasing my limit on the Carnival Seas card from $6,100 (which they just bumped me up to in early May), and dropped my limit to $3,300 because of pulling a TU report. Their reason? "Significant increase revolving credit balances." I've don't have any lates in the last 7 years, no collection accounts, no public records--nothing negative whatsoever.

Too bad they didn't take notice that my balance on the card was under $500 prior to me charging a single purchase of $2,400 in wholesale business products on THEIR card in the last month. Too bad they are so quirky. Now I'll just pay it off over 3 months and then close out the account before they can do it to me.

Yesterday, I received a letter from Barclay's saying they were decreasing my limit on the Carnival Seas card from $6,100 (which they just bumped me up to in early May), and dropped my limit to $3,300 because of pulling a TU report. Their reason? "Significant increase revolving credit balances." I've don't have any lates in the last 7 years, no collection accounts, no public records--nothing negative whatsoever.

Too bad they didn't take notice that my balance on the card was under $500 prior to me charging a single purchase of $2,400 in wholesale business products on THEIR card in the last month. Too bad they are so quirky. Now I'll just pay it off over 3 months and then close out the account before they can do it to me.

Exactly. Good for you.

Like I said earlier, I refuse to sit around and wait for their random nonsense...

The last post in this topic was posted 4840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.