Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Critique my combo DV Non-PP Limited CD SOL letter to a major CA

The last post in this topic was posted 4852 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

To one of our dear "Top 5" (NCO, Asset, Palisades, RMA, etc.) My credit is perfectly clear on all three reports, and I've never had a late payment ANYWHERE in the past 8 years, and live in MN where the SOL is 6. I know there isn't anything they could be collecting for...anything that would have been purchased by a JDB would be at least 15+ years old! All of my scores are over 700. Of course, the inquiry popped up on my reports just as I had completed paperwork to secure a small business loan. :yahoo:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to inquire as to your alleged purpose for placing a hard inquiry on my TransUnion credit report, since I did not apply for employment with your organization nor did I request credit from your organization. I am furious to see that your company placed a hard inquiry on my credit file dated 6/14/07. Since it is against federal law (Fair Credit Reporting Act -- 15 USC 1681b) for an entity to view a consumer’s credit report without a "permissible purpose," I demand that you tell me the alleged purpose.

I researched your company on the Internet and discovered that you are a collection agency. I also saw that NCO had to pay one of the largest FCRA civil penalties not too long ago for violations. I am likely to be the next individual to take you to court for violations (at $1,000 per violation). Should you make a claim of an alleged debt, please note that you must provide full validation, and that any alleged debt that is beyond Minnesota’s Statute of Limitations will not be acknowledged. I have no account with you, nor have I ever. There is no account number listed on my credit report—just the hard inquiry. You may not contact me by phone at home or at my place of employment, as you clearly have my mailing address below.

I’ve never received mail from your company, so I don’t have a clue why you would have a permissible purpose for pulling my credit report. I ask that you remove the hard inquiry immediately, or risk racking up further violations. Since you saw fit to place this item on my credit report, you obviously have all the information you need in order to investigate and correct your error immediately.

Is this too much all at once???

NCO is licensed here. I can't imagine what they would have bought other than a junk debt, but the pull is irritating me because I'm trying to secure business credit and don't need to have any flaws on my personal credit show up right now. Ah, the wonders of CAs!

The last post in this topic was posted 4852 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.