Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
De

Juniper CC gives you a TransRisk score

Just noticed it yesterday when I went online to my CC statement. They had what they call a TransRisk score (from TransUnion). They said they will give you one from time to time if you have a balance or have made a payment. Mine was dated June 25--so I don't know how often it will update. Mine was 6l5 (higher than my Equifax FICO of 556 back in March.

I know its FAKO, but they also had some tips on there to help you raise your score like:

Not enough CL on CCs

Too many inquiries

Pasts delinquent accounts

CCs not open long enough since past delinquencies

I thought it was kind of neat, and I hadn't seen it mentioned on here before. Another perk is Juniper is 0% for the time being

They started offering that about a year ago. You have to have activity on the card every 60 days in order for the score to show, not available on all cards.

Score is a total JOKE.

My TransRisk score = 529

My Transunion FICO = 658

I hope to heaven Juniper doesn't go by the TransRisk score!

My TransRisk score = 529

My Transunion FICO = 658

It would explain ALOT.

My TransRisk score = 529

My Transunion FICO = 658

Mine is even better!

TransRisk score: 494

TU FICO: 679

:blink:

So does it always run lower than the actual TRANSUNION Fico? That's encouraging if my transcore was 6l6-Hahah.

When you order your CRA reports--isn't Equifax the only one that gives you a true FICO? Am I correct in assuming this score Juniper gives you would be the same one you would get if you ordered their score with a TransUnion CR??

So does it always run lower than the actual TRANSUNION Fico? That's encouraging if my transcore was 6l6-Hahah.

When you order your CRA reports--isn't Equifax the only one that gives you a true FICO? Am I correct in assuming this score Juniper gives you would be the same one you would get if you ordered their score with a TransUnion CR??

No that's a Fako. For TU FICO score you need to order from FICO or www.transunioncs.com

Your Trans Risk Score is : 669 as of Jul 11,2007

TU FICO 705!

I think they are smoking crack!

Maybe it's their own internal risk assessment. Now I'm curious as to what mine is, because I'm still surprised at my approval/CL. I'm guessing mine won't show until one month, plus activity, has passed?

My TransRisk score = 529

My Transunion FICO = 658

It would explain ALOT.

That would explain why they refuse to give me a CLI or another card.

Mine is 110 pts or so lower than my actual FICO score. It isn't even the same as my TC FAKO score :blink:

Juniper is using the FAKO transrisk score for credit decisions? That would be odd. But it would explain some of their quirkiness.

I think I have you all beat:

On June 6th:

TU FICO Score = 735

TU TrueCredit FAKO = 710

TU TransRisk Score = 616 (-119 pts)

I saw the "Transrisk" score drop suddenly and fed the beast the same day to make sure something had gone wrong.

I doubt that Juniper is using anything other than a FICO score for approvals.

It's just that everyone now thinks they need to copy everyone else and offer a score-tracking service or ID theft product or CR product, and I'm sure offering FAKOs is much cheaper than offering FICOs. AFAIK, the only bank or CU offering any type of FICO score to their customers is WaMu.

They have been giving this score for a while.

It is a FAKO.

Mine tends to run about 50-70 points less than my TU FICO score from myfico.com.

It is a nice toy score and one of the few 'benefits' to having the junny card since other than the score and the age of the acct I would close them and I still may close them anyways.

They also have another tab for your credit profile. Check it out.

I think I have you all beat:

On June 6th:

TU FICO Score = 735

TU TrueCredit FAKO = 710

TU TransRisk Score = 616 (-119 pts)

I saw the "Transrisk" score drop suddenly and fed the beast the same day to make sure something had gone wrong.

this must be what myprivacymatters uses. my score there was like 585... now 550 or so (after a big furniture purchase reported). Fako is 650 or so, fico unknown, but probably in the same neighborhood.

Well, I guess I'm about a year away from house shopping and needing to be FCO-ready, but I am a little pleased to see the TransRisk score at 6l6 and you guys saying your true FICO average 20-50 pints higher...and I think someone's was 80 or 90 points higher. I think it will be just something fun to check out.

I've been pleased with Juni--I only have a 500CL, but it is 0% APR on transfers/purchases, etc. for 6 months. I used it last month in lieu of debit card and plan to pay off next month. I wanted to go ahead and have a balance on my CR since this is my first usage.

I think I have the lot of you beat. I have a Transrisk score of 320 (just bumped up from 260 or something like that) and a Transunion score of 670. The funniest thing is they recently gave me a $2000 credit increase.

The TransRisk score is all bogus! They are telling me that my score is 592, I checked the other 3 agencies and my FICO score is way above what Juniper tells me...an average of 658

They should be prosecuted for their action and lying.

The TransRisk score is all bogus! They are telling me that my score is 592, I checked the other 3 agencies and my FICO score is way above what Juniper tells me...an average of 658

They should be prosecuted for their action and lying.

they are no lying.

FAKOs are just that, FAKE.

should the weather man be prosecuted for not predicting rain? :)

by the way, how do you know your experian FICO score????

Edited by hegemony