Sign in to follow this  
bakes1313

Homeowner's Insurance w/Bad Credit

Does anyone know which major insurers will provide a homeowner's policy without checking credit? I am having a horrible time trying to find a good rate because the companies want to check credit.

You might Try Erie Insurance had a score of 630 when I closed on my home in December and they Issued me a policy hope this helps.

Does anyone know which major insurers will provide a homeowner's policy without checking credit? I am having a horrible time trying to find a good rate because the companies want to check credit.

SEEING HOW YOU DRIVE WAS NOT BAD ENOUGH BY CHECKING YOUR CREDIT REPORT??? Now they want to see how you take care of your house to by LOOKING AT YOUR CREDIT REPORT???

What is next??? Look at your credit report to see how you balance your checking account???

OH NEVER-MIND THEY TRY TO DO THAT TO!!!

How you drive apparently doesn't affect whether or not you can get renter's insurance! I have a perfect driving record for over 10 years, credit scores in the mid 500's and I can't get renters insurance (last time I tried anyway). Go figure! What's my credit got to do with losing everything if my apt. burns down!

thats ok - I switched over to GMAC insurance for homeowners and auto (cause they were SIGNIFICANTLY lower than Progressive -- but about $2K a year)... I just got a notice from them saying I had to pay an additional $39 a year because of 'Prior BI Limit' on my Progressive policy... Ummm - its the same damn limit I have on my GMAC policy - state minimum is $15K or something -- I go with $200K so <IF> I hit someone I dont get stuck paying anything (and yes, I do drive like a lunatic and yes, I do have road rage. But, I havent had an accident in 10 years and I havent had a ticket in 4 years - well I've had 4 but got them dismissed)

Go figure! What's my credit got to do with losing everything if my apt. burns down!

It's the typical insurance company reverse logic: People who commit insurance

fraud tend to have poor credit. So everyone with poor credit must be planning

insurance fraud.

That's like saying since all vegetarians are men or women, than all men and women

must be vegetarians.

Well duh!!!!!!!!!!

Morons.

Well - that is true for Worker's Comp cases. People with lower credit scores/financial difficulties are more likely to file false workers comp claims (which might explain why Fair Isaac Company is now starting to do ratings for workers comp)...

Of course, that doesnt explain all these millionaire doctors who submit false medicare claims and rip off the govt.... I bet the doctors have great credit scores.

well it does make good business sense - we dont like it because we are IN the targeted group....

I bet all the auto insurers are dreading today in my state - SNOW!! as of 10 AM this morning, 528 accidents had been reported and its been getting worse all day -- I wonder how many of those 528 were caused by people with bad credit?

well it does make good business sense - we dont like it because we are IN the targeted group....

I bet all the auto insurers are dreading today in my state - SNOW!! as of 10 AM this morning, 528 accidents had been reported and its been getting worse all day -- I wonder how many of those 528 were caused by people with bad credit?

Even though they were WEATHER CAUSED...the insurance companies would have you believe they were CAUSED BY POOR CREDIT!!!

Are you in NC? In Charlotte metro we are nearly 1000 accidents today because of the whopping 6 inches of snow. That's a lot of low FICOs driving around here today. The 700+ people must have stayed home today.

Are you in NC? In Charlotte metro we are nearly 1000 accidents today because of the whopping 6 inches of snow. That's a lot of low FICOs driving around here today. The 700+ people must have stayed home today.

6"....PUHHHH we had 36" 11 months ago and were on LOCK DOWN!!!!!!!

You might want to try Amica. DH & I are using them on the home that we just purchased. The did not even do a credit check, however, they do a credit check for auto (not sure why). We got a great rate which is actually about $250 less per year than our old home and our new home is worth about $50,000 more thant the old one. You can fill out your information online and they will give you a quote.

Good luck!

paw67

Amica is a good company. It might also help you to try to find a friendly or sympathetic agent. I have seen agents "go to bat" for people to get better rates.

George- That storm 11 months ago was crazy...They finally found out what that tent roof at DIA could take! :shock:

Amica is a good company. It might also help you to try to find a friendly or sympathetic agent. I have seen agents "go to bat" for people to get better rates.

George- That storm 11 months ago was crazy...They finally found out what that tent roof at DIA could take! :shock:

Speaking of SNOW...where is this GLOBAL WARMING people talk about???

I just called Amica and the lady there said that they do a credit check for Homeowner's insurance. :) Anybody else around that doesn't do a credit check?