Sign in to follow this  
BBQ123

REPORTING MERCHANT VIOLATIONS

Guest Sprightly
I have reported Honks twice now using the online MasterCard form for requiring photo ID before they will accept a credit card. I went back today, and they are still insisting.

Oh and to make it even more fun, a customer in the store got involved saying she does trade shows and requires ID so I was wrong. Hey lady! Just because you do it doesn't mean it's allowed!

Anyone who has a Honks in their town, please use your credit card there and report them if they require ID. Two of the locations here have required my ID.

So what now? Any other ideas?

Waterlili, did you use this form:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/c...violations.html ?

After you click "Submit" does your screen say:

"Thank you for writing to MasterCard Worldwide. We are reviewing your inquiry and if a response is needed you'll receive one soon." ?

And do you receive a confirmation email which says:

"Thank you for submitting a merchant violator report to MasterCard Worldwide. We are reviewing your report and will be contacting the merchant's acquirer to address the situation.

Your issue is regarding <<name of merchant here>> in zip code #####" ?

If not, your report may not have been submitted and MasterCard may not have been notified.

Resubmit the form.

Use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox or other browsers.

Call in the report as well:

MasterCard: 1-800-300-3069

Visa: 1-800-VISA-911

I have reported Honks twice now using the online MasterCard form for requiring photo ID before they will accept a credit card. I went back today, and they are still insisting.

Oh and to make it even more fun, a customer in the store got involved saying she does trade shows and requires ID so I was wrong. Hey lady! Just because you do it doesn't mean it's allowed!

Anyone who has a Honks in their town, please use your credit card there and report them if they require ID. Two of the locations here have required my ID.

So what now? Any other ideas?

Waterlili, did you use this form:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/c...violations.html ?

After you click "Submit" does your screen say:

"Thank you for writing to MasterCard Worldwide. We are reviewing your inquiry and if a response is needed you'll receive one soon." ?

And do you receive a confirmation email which says:

"Thank you for submitting a merchant violator report to MasterCard Worldwide. We are reviewing your report and will be contacting the merchant's acquirer to address the situation.

Your issue is regarding <<name of merchant here>> in zip code #####" ?

If not, your report may not have been submitted and MasterCard may not have been notified.

Resubmit the form.

Use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox or other browsers.

Call in the report as well:

Visa: 1-800-VISA-911

When I hit submit, I didn't get confirmation, I just looped back to the home page. And I haven't gotten email confirmation either. I think I did get it the first time I reported tho. I'll try again on this last violation. Thanks for the tips.

Edited by waterlili

Guest Sprightly
Ha, I got a confirmation page this time. Guess their form wasn't working yesterday. Thanks Sprightly!

:rofl:

You're welcome! MasterCard also has an easy-to-use automated phone message system for leaving violation reports - 1-800-300-3069

The updated URL for reporting merchant violations to MasterCard is:

http://www.mastercar...violations.html

Never show ID with credit cards.

No ID required with credit cards. Merchants cannot require ID.

If a merchant tries to require ID, immediately call 1-800-VISA-911 to ensure they never do again.

VISA: 1-800-VISA-911

Also easily report merchant violations online:

http://www.mastercar...violations.html

Check the box that says "Merchant required ID"

Make sure your community is 100% violation-free.

What about online purchases? Can the merchant refuse to process the transaction unless I give them my DoB so that they can "verify my identity against public data like county records"? This happened to me with VISA.

thanks. im adding to this forum: unscrupulous property managment companies that are now charging 'convenience fees' for using a credit card to make rent payment that are in access of 10% of the amount being charged. ex. the rent is $2000. the ' convenience fee' to pay this was $215. this is in ALL WAYS against visa/mc rules (or so i thought- which is a max of 4%), but numerous companies are doing this and getting away with it. i even filed a complaint online and - nOTHING.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. black2002ls
      black2002ls
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ksheree
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines