Sign in to follow this  
pryan67

some thoughts

Here's a typical story of someone who hasn't been here yet.

1. CA harrasses you day and night for months on end

2. you ignore them, hoping they'll go away

3. They'll keep threatening you with wage garnishment, poisoning your puppy, eating your ancestors, setting fire to your car, causing a meteorite to fall on your home, creating a whirling vortex of demons to haunt your sleep

4. They'll call your friends and neighbors telling them that you're a deadbeat

5. Your parents will get phone calls from them asking how they could have raised such a loser

6. They'll call your boss and tell them that they have a thief working for them

7. They'll sell the account to another CA and it will start from number 1

(all the above is real, except for SOME of the threats they make)

NOW....

you're not going to let that happen to you, right? You're a member of CB...so you're going to read here...learn as much as you can...enforce your rights under FDCPA and FCRA, and HURT the bastards. Not just make them stop bugging you, but HURT them. I don't EVER want to hear that you're "just waiting them out, they'll go away". You're NOT waiting for a THING. Let THEM be the ones that want YOU to go away. You're going to push forward, you're going to FIGHT them, you're going to push them back under whatever rock they crawled out from. You're going to make them regret the day the rubber broke and the ill begotten result of their parents nighttime romp was conceived. They're going to FEAR you. They want YOU to be the one that's afraid, but you're not going to let it happen. You're going to strike TERROR into their flabby, black little hearts.

After they get your first letter, they're going to stand up on their lemonade soaked hind legs and say "SON OF A mouse, It's another one of those G DAM EDUCATED consumers." He's going to wish that he had taken that job cleaning public toilets with his tongue.

Sometimes I actually pity the poor bastards...I feel sorry for the poor, misguided souls that think they're actually doing a SERVICE for society. Sometimes I think that maybe some of them can't help it. Maybe they weren't held enough as a baby, maybe their parents were brother and sister. Maybe the best street corners are taking by other beggars...but don't let emotion get in the way, they are the ENEMY. No mercy for the bastards. Once you get ahold of them by the nose, KICK THEM IN THE flowers. Don't let up. Keep pushing them until they BEG you to stop, then kick them again. Let THEM be the ones to surrender. Let THEM be the ones to cry out for mercy. Let THEM be the ones to hide, hoping you'll go away. When you're through with them, they'll want to dig a hole and pull it back in over them.

Remember, these jokers are out for ONE thing and one thing ONLY. They're there to seperate you from YOUR money, whether you owe it or not. They don't care about your rights, they don't care about what's REALLY owed. All they care about is taking money from you to put it in their own pockets. In this respect, they're no better than common thieves. The only difference is that they break into your house using a telephone rather than the front door. Treat them as you would treat ANY intruder into your home. Use the laws that are there to protect you and FIGHT. If a stranger came up to you on the street and demanded money that they claimed you owed them, what would you do? Fork it over? Not a chance. You'd demand to know what it's for and why you owe them. If they couldn't prove what they said, you'd tell them to go lemonade up a rope. These CAs calling you are doing EXACTLY the same thing. Don't put up with it. The sooner you realize that YOU'RE in control the better for you, and the worse for them, and that should be the goal...make them MISERABLE...with any luck they'll quit and start doing something PRODUCTIVE for a living.

Syms.com says "An educated consumer is our best customer"

CAs say "An educated consumer is our worst nightmare."

:good::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

pryan, you ROCK as do so many here on CB - DH and I have learned so much and have so much more to learn thanks to you. I only wish we found you guys sooner!

I want a double of whatever was in Pryan's Wheaties this morning. :clapping:

*lol*

nothing special in my wheaties today...

it was the vodka and orange juice....I didn't have any OJ this morning

I want a double of whatever was in Pryan's Wheaties this morning. :)

*lol*

nothing special in my wheaties today...

it was the vodka and orange juice....I didn't have any OJ this morning

:rofl:

Great post!! :clapping:

The most dis-heartening thing I see on CB is when people have an actionable offense and they do nothing. I know the goal for (most) everyone is to simply get these people off your reports, but so many people just give up if they can't solve it with a few letters or (gasp!) phone calls.

CAs know this. Why is it SOP for Asshat to do the things they do? They fear no one because they are rarely sued. If everyone on CB from Michigan alone filed suit against AA, that would make some heads turn. AGs are nice, but people have to stand up and fight for themselves. You can't count on others to do it for you.

Same thing with the CRAs and Lexis. They flagrantly ignore the law and do as they please. SUE THEM. Make a stand. Sure, you may loose, but if these people get dragged into court enough, it gets pretty expensive at $400 or more an hour - with the added benefit of making a few judges take notice.

We as citizens have allowed -by virtue of inaction and complacency- the CA/JDB and CRA machine to mutate into what it is today. At the same time, we have allowed our whole lives to be decided on what is contained in the reports and files of 4 companies that violate every regulation on the books without fear or consequence.

And to think, some people fear the government. You can see virtually every document created by the government. Try a freedom of information request with Fair Isaac...

CWID

Hey PRYAN, can you send me some of that mix? Clearly it works better for you than me!

AMEN Brotha!!!!! You sat and typed EVERYTHING that has ever gone through my mind when dealing with these a**holes.Furious.gif

They really have nerve to think they are better than those who owe money... I think I would be a prostitute before I would EVER engage in that business...Wonder.gif

~Daizzy

Hey PRYAN, can you send me some of that mix? Clearly it works better for you than me!

AMEN Brotha!!!!! You sat and typed EVERYTHING that has ever gone through my mind when dealing with these a**holes.Furious.gif

They really have nerve to think they are better than those who owe money... I think I would be a prostitute before I would EVER engage in that business...Wonder.gif

~Daizzy

it's even WORSE than that...they think they're better than those that they THINK owe money...

I think there needs to be some pause here on WHY he wrote that.... not just to bash CAs.... but there are people here and who have been here awhile IMO that need to hear that.

These types of posts are common:

"... i already told them I would pay...."

"... if I don't pay, they'll sue....."

"... they won't stop calling...."

".... they are talking to my co-workers...."

".... they told my daughter I was going to jail....."

etc.

etc.

etc.

newbies are newbies for a reason... and I was there once too. Posting and reading at 2am because you can't sleep and have cried until you can't cry anymore....

It's ok not to know your rights. We were all there once. Once you know there are laws out there to protect you.... READ THEM!!!!!!! why wouldn't you?

There is more to this site than just "getting baddies off", it's about learning your rights, protecting them, enforcing them, and going after people who violate those rights.

There are DOZENS of threads of CAs who take pleasure in getting you upset on the phone, then they log that on your account, and then the next CSR knows to push you further. The less rational you are and the more emotional you are, the more likely they are to win and get money from you. Money you may not even owe!!!!

If you don't know WHY the DV says what it says, read the FDCPA. Then if you don't get it... ask here. EVERYONE will be more than happy to explain and hash out some of the statutes around here. In fact, IMO, some of the best threads around here are debates concerning wording of certain sections of the FCRA and FDCPA and what it means.

Someone posted yesterday, if you're bored or have time, read old threads. I agree. Reread the newbies section. Chances are you missed something the first time.

Pryan posted something here that I think not enough people understand and take notice of.... there is so much more at stake here and so much to learn. Maybe i'm reading too much into what he wrote (pryan, feel free to say so), but I think there is too much copying/pasting and not enough pursuit of knowledge going on.

/rant

/vent

I think there needs to be some pause here on WHY he wrote that.... not just to bash CAs.... but there are people here and who have been here awhile IMO that need to hear that.

These types of posts are common:

"... i already told them I would pay...."

"... if I don't pay, they'll sue....."

"... they won't stop calling...."

".... they are talking to my co-workers...."

".... they told my daughter I was going to jail....."

etc.

etc.

etc.

newbies are newbies for a reason... and I was there once too. Posting and reading at 2am because you can't sleep and have cried until you can't cry anymore....

It's ok not to know your rights. We were all there once. Once you know there are laws out there to protect you.... READ THEM!!!!!!! why wouldn't you?

There is more to this site than just "getting baddies off", it's about learning your rights, protecting them, enforcing them, and going after people who violate those rights.

There are DOZENS of threads of CAs who take pleasure in getting you upset on the phone, then they log that on your account, and then the next CSR knows to push you further. The less rational you are and the more emotional you are, the more likely they are to win and get money from you. Money you may not even owe!!!!

If you don't know WHY the DV says what it says, read the FDCPA. Then if you don't get it... ask here. EVERYONE will be more than happy to explain and hash out some of the statutes around here. In fact, IMO, some of the best threads around here are debates concerning wording of certain sections of the FCRA and FDCPA and what it means.

Someone posted yesterday, if you're bored or have time, read old threads. I agree. Reread the newbies section. Chances are you missed something the first time.

Pryan posted something here that I think not enough people understand and take notice of.... there is so much more at stake here and so much to learn. Maybe i'm reading too much into what he wrote (pryan, feel free to say so), but I think there is too much copying/pasting and not enough pursuit of knowledge going on.

/rant

/vent

:(:grin::clapping::grin:

VERY well said...couldn't have said it better myself

that's EXACTLY why I wrote this...it wasn't for fun or just to entertain (although I'm glad it did)

I wrote it because I'm sick of seeing consumers getting walked all over by these dirtbags...I'm sick of people just rolling over...

that's what these scum feed upon...and it's time people start getting ANGRY at it...don't fight to hold your position...fight to push FORWARD...to drive THEM back....

If you don't remember ANYTHING else...just remember this

Don't let the bastards win

Or you could man up and actually pay the debt you owe to the creditor whose money you spent.

*LOL* happily...prove what you're claiming...

of course, like ALL dirtbag collectors, I'm sure you can't do it...

and for all the REAL members here...take a look at Mikefitz....he joins today...coincidentally ripping on people that want the CAs to obey the law

Yet more proof that the CAs lurk here and are TERRIFIED of people that know their rights.

Keep up the GREAT work CB'ers....let's keep THEM on the run...keep THEM lurking in the shadows, afraid to come out of the dark

and for all the REAL members here...take a look at Mikefitz....he joins today...coincidentally ripping on people that want the CAs to obey the law

Yet more proof that the CAs lurk here and are TERRIFIED of people that know their rights.

Keep up the GREAT work CB'ers....let's keep THEM on the run...keep THEM lurking in the shadows, afraid to come out of the dark

I'm hardly involved with any CA. I think forums like this, fw, bogle are all great; except when people chime in and complain about money they owe and how much of an inconvenience it is when *gasp* they try to get it back!

Or you could man up and actually pay the debt you owe to the creditor whose money you spent.

[/quote

:rofl: 1 post wonder

I'm hardly involved with any CA. I think forums like this, fw, bogle are all great; except when people chime in and complain about money they owe and how much of an inconvenience it is when *gasp* they try to get it back!

I don't recall ANYONE ever saying "Don't pay what you owe"

however, I've also only seen MAYBE 10 times that a CA can actually prove what they're claiming.

If I were to send YOU a letter..out of the blue...saying "HEy...you owe me 5k...pay up" What would YOU do?

If I were to send YOU a letter..out of the blue...saying "HEy...you owe me 5k...pay up" What would YOU do?

They already said what they would do Pryan, "Man up and pay the debt." :rofl:

Edited by 94B10

They already said what they would do Pryan, "Man up and pay the debt." :lol:

hmmm...I oughta find his address then...*LOL*