CareCredit (GEMB). Fastest approval ever!!

amberz11

The last post in this topic was posted 3760 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

jtoast... Can you gine us some insight into your score, Inq's, Utl etc when you were approved?

Thanks

Happy to.

At the time my score on EQ was ~690 or so per my entry in the Credit Pulls Database..and, per that entry, it was the end of June when I applied, not July.

At the time I had 6 past due 30's on 6 cards(1 each) from January of this year due to a housefire. I also had a past due 60 on an installment loan from 2007. No other negatives across all 3 reports.

My utilization was pretty low at the time...somewhere around 10% I would guess but would have to go back and look. What surprised me was that I was approved with ~30 inquiries on EQ due to having just bought a new vehicle in April.

As a side note, I have had a perfect payment record with several other GE Money accounts(Walmart, Sams Club, Pay Pal buyers credit) for several years now, although my highest other GE limit is $700. I also had a previous care credit account that was closed in 2008 for non-use ($3,500 limit).

If I missed anything, free free to ask me to be more specific :rolleyes:

You have to wonder why they are so easy to give out credit after the big credit collapse and now crunch. This was supposedly how the predatory lenders got in trouble.

A Google search shows up some troubling complaints about this company, with people alleging being charged bogus late fees, changing of their due date on almost a monthly basis, paying more than the minimum and still ending up owing interest etc.

The poster who wrote about the hefty Doctor's fee for use of this service is correct. We were offered a 5% discount if we used a credit card instead. Still, the office manager was practically shoving the app in my husband's face to sign, and it even contained blank spaces. So just beware and as always, read every single line before you sign.

GEMB has always been fairly easy to get although I have to admit I was happily surprised they gave me a 5 figure limit.

Google search will always turn up complaints about any company. I am always sceptical about claims of "bogus" late fees. I've been using credit for 20+ years and was a telephone CSR for 8 of those and in all that time I can't remember a singe "bogus" late fee by any company that I used or worked for that wasn't immediately credited. I'm not saying its not possible, just that I don't believe it is in any way the norm.

My experience is that by "Bogus" the poster meant "I was only a few days late and wanted the fees waived and they said no".

As for "paying more than the minimum and having to pay interest..." Like I said above, my "minimum" on a $6,500 18 month 0% interest was only $50.00. $6,500 / 18 = ~$361/month. Paying $300, which is more than the minimum, would result in my paying interest charges since it wasn't enough to pay off the full balance during the promotional period.

Basic math skills are something that many americans seem to have forgotten how to use.

Edited by jtoast

Care Credit is BAD news!!! They lure you in with no interest for a year then apply payments across all charges stringing out the earliest charge long enough to charge you all of the back interest. Second the interest rate is a ridiculous 22% (29% if you are late ONCE) It's a great deal for the doctors/dentists but a really BAD for the patients. The doctors can charge against it without your consent. Their customer service dept is not care credit- it's GE Money Bank and THEY don't care about anyone.

CARE CREDIT IS A PREDATORY LENDER PREYING ON PEOPLE WHO CAN LEAST AFFORD IT!!!

STAY AWAY and if you have an account - get a reputable low interest credit card with no interest for a year. You will be glad you did.

Agreed. Unless you pay it off right away they will hit you with a years worth of interest all at once. I used them out of desperation when my dog needed surgery. Dog died anyway. I am still paying the bill (well, it's been consolidated into an even worse loan...long story) but bad, bad news.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't be fooled by these guys my EX wife did the same thing they are very very shady. They change your payment dates and if you don't pay attention they will charge u interest at different rates. I

I've been looking for a dentist and know I need a lot of work (that's what comes from not going to the dentist for 4 years). So I cross referenced my dentists that my insurance provides with those on the carecredit site. Found a dentist that could get me in within a week and takes my insurance and carecredit. I applied for care credit and asked for $6000. Clicked "accept and submit". Had an approval in less than 3 seconds!! Approved for $6000 just like that. I can't pull TC for another couple of hours, but if they pulled a report I'm assuming it's EQ. Is the approval that darn quick for everyone? Seems like there wasn't enough time for them to even pull my report. BTW, EQ Fico is somewhere between 635-660.

So those of you that use this, do you like it? I know nothing about this service. Does it report to all 3 bureaus? Do you pay it online just like any other card. And why in the heck did they want my DL #?

Don't be fooled by these guys my EX wife did the same thing they are very very shady. They change your payment dates and if you don't pay attention they will charge u interest at different rates. I

I've been looking for a dentist and know I need a lot of work (that's what comes from not going to the dentist for 4 years). So I cross referenced my dentists that my insurance provides with those on the carecredit site. Found a dentist that could get me in within a week and takes my insurance and carecredit. I applied for care credit and asked for $6000. Clicked "accept and submit". Had an approval in less than 3 seconds!! Approved for $6000 just like that. I can't pull TC for another couple of hours, but if they pulled a report I'm assuming it's EQ. Is the approval that darn quick for everyone? Seems like there wasn't enough time for them to even pull my report. BTW, EQ Fico is somewhere between 635-660.

So those of you that use this, do you like it? I know nothing about this service. Does it report to all 3 bureaus? Do you pay it online just like any other card. And why in the heck did they want my DL #?

Before the credit card reform, a lot of credit card companies changed the payment due date, made payments due on Sunday when they were closed, etc. I can tell you that I've had care credit for 8 months now, and not once did they change my due date, charge bogus fees, or do anything 'shady' as these other posters have said. I got the card to pay for necessary vision services for my kids that the insurance didn't cover. I could have paid cash for this, but why spend my money when I get an interest free loan. They always credit my account within a couple of days and the biggest bonus is that every month, they knock $1.49 off my bill because I signed up for paperless statements! I wish my other Gemb accounts did that!

The last post in this topic was posted 3760 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.