Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Suing a CRA for a re-aged account

The last post in this topic was posted 4927 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I've been out of the game too long and have become rusty. I need a CA to start hounding me again.

Edited by Shawnee

I've been out of the game too long and have become rusty. I need a CA to start hounding me again.

*lol* I know the feeling...

it's been awhile since someone has been stupid enough to go up against me....*lol* Not that there's anything they COULD get me on...but I sometimes with one would try...

LOL; I started to write back but suddenly realized that you had already listed my arguments and they were all being shot down :rofl: Somehow I kinda think Macy's has used your logic about now current to justify their position.

I'm gonna have to watch my reports closely next year when my original CO from them is supposed to fall off.

I'll have some ammo though if I need it. Thanks for all the great posts in this thread. Very informative.

I would dispute with both Macy's and the CRA actually

When the time comes, would we send a letter to Macy's disputing the TL as obsolete?

*lol* I know the feeling...

it's been awhile since someone has been stupid enough to go up against me....*lol* Not that there's anything they COULD get me on...but I sometimes with one would try...

Well, CMRE made a feeble attempt a few months ago but I think I got my point across. They stopped pulling softs on EX and I haven't heard from them again. These were medical bills belonging to my dad in California.

When I talked to Macy's about rehab of a CO; what they told me was exactly what happened to you as I understand; You paid the old CO, it is now listed as a paid CO as of the date paid, You likely now have a new Macy listing with a credit limit of old CO amount. Correct? That is not reaging.

Oh boy. If that's what they're doing you're screwed and have no recourse. In that case they're resetting the clock on the CO for seven years. With the new activity it will trash your score.

When I talked to Macy's about rehab of a CO; what they told me was exactly what happened to you as I understand; You paid the old CO, it is now listed as a paid CO as of the date paid, You likely now have a new Macy listing with a credit limit of old CO amount. Correct? That is not reaging.

Oh boy. If that's what they're doing you're screwed and have no recourse. In that case they're resetting the clock on the CO for seven years. With the new activity it will trash your score.

I spoke directly with a very senior credit manager at Macy's and that is what they do. The OP has rehabed her account but there was a price to pay and I agree, she's screwed and has no recourse. I am so on board with conventional wisdom that you only pay a CO with an agreement to delete.

I did the same thing.

Stupidly I didn't know that the clock would start all over again from when I re-habbed and paid the old CO and got my new account. Now I have another 7 years from this year until it falls off.

It was a price to pay for a new TL. I haven't touched the account before this for about 5 years and it probably would have come off sometime next year, but I guess in all of my repair hype and excitement I though this would be another good TL to have and grow with.

Lesson learned the hard way I suppose.

Ive rehabbed 2 Macy's accounts....neither old account was re-aged. Id disoute with both the CRA & Macy's.... Macy's is known to keep great records & always verify but they also will update in most cases, properly if need be.... I got lucky and 1 of my rehabbed accounts fell off on 1st or 2nd dispute...

Wow. My Internet service wasn't working this morning and I was only able to log on about a half hour ago. I'm so bummed I missed all the back and forth on this one.

I just want to thank everyone soooo much...particularly Pryan and LKH (I am bowing to you two)...but everyone did their part in contributing to this fantastic thread)...for their information on this topic. Pryan is the one who directed me before that this was re-aging; I didn't even pick it up when I was initially posting about how to deal with this issue. I have disputed so many times with TU on this--even with documentation from old Macy's statements--so I will have to go all out now. It's the ONLY baddie on any of my reports and I'm trying to buy a house.

Thank you so much for that letter, too, LKH. I am going to do some research based on the information in there to try to get rid of this thing. I called Macy's a couple weeks ago and got a fax number to send a request for information on old accounts--I'm waiting for all the info to come in--supposed to be 60 days. I'm hoping that whatever I get from there can provide me with specific DOFD information that I can use in conjunction with the FCRA and the information provided in these boards.

I think it is very confusing for people in relation to paying off old COs (I always read stuff saying that this can reset the clock) so, hopefully, this will help other people in this situation--as well as the many people who are rehabbing Macy's accounts.

I will definitely post with info if/when anything changes on this.

Thank you all again so much...CB rocks!!!!!!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 4927 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.