Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

AMEX Credit Secure

The last post in this topic was posted 4927 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I know this has probably been asked over and over again but I can't get the search function to work. When I click the search button it just goes to a white screen. Anyways, how close are these to your FICO scores? I just got mine for the 1st time yesterday and 2 out of 3 seem to be fairly close. I know these are "plus" scores but just curious if there's any accuracy to them.

Edited by mel8851

Ignore the FAKO score. The two of mine I've seen are about 40-70 higher than my FICO.

I just got approved for an AMEX blue with a relatively thin file.

Kinda close - actually closer for me than TC scores.

Amex CS scores:

TU - 788, EQ - 774, EX - 767

Actual FICO's

TU - 797, EQ - 758, EX - ???

Amex CS scores:

Actual FICO's

Thanks!!

Amex CS scores:

Actual FICO's

Thanks!!

Do not assume yours will be similiar. As is always the case with useless fake scores, some people's appear close to FICO, most do not.

Amex CS scores:

Actual FICO's

Thanks!!

Do not assume yours will be similiar. As is always the case with useless fake scores, some people's appear close to FICO, most do not.

I know, I know. Don't ever believe these Fako's but mine do seem kinda close.

Amex CS scores:

Actual FICO's

Thanks!!

Jersey is correct. While I did not add "YMMV" - here are my TC scores:

TU - 777, EQ - 767, EX - 732

:blush2:

Fako is fako, regardless of who provides it (oh, and my "juny" fako is 775)

I know these are "plus" scores but just curious if there's any accuracy to them.

Each of my CS scores is about 90 points higher than the corresponding FICO.

My CS scores are always higher than my real Ficos. It does feel better to see that number every day... I can almost pretend that they're real! LOL.

They aren't that close...

The CS scores range anywhere from 30-70 points either upwards or downwards of where my true FICOs are.

I will say, though, they are generally closer than TrueCredit's scores. Those are utter hogwash. I regularly have a 100+ point difference on TC.

My CS FAKOs are within 0-20 points of my FICOs and my TC FAKOs are within 10-70 points of my FICOs.

They are both worthless, but the CS changes mirror my real scores much closer than the TC changes.

Either way, FAKO=meaningless guess.

My CS scores are all 20-30 points lower than my real scores. As you can see several people say they are significantly higher than their real scores and several others like me say they are significantly lower. The only thing that you can count on is that they will not reflect your true scores. I think they are useful to note the trend of which direction your scores are moving, but not much else.

In other words, CS scores are only valuable relative to your previous CS scores and not as an absolute value.

My CS Scores: 653tq 644ex 653eq

My TC Scores: 669tu 656ex 686eq

Actuals in my sig... they are both horribly wrong in their own ways. FAKO means FAKO. There isnt a 'more accurate' fake score.

Edited by hardpull

I recently got a collection off DH's reports. I was bummed to see the FAKO scores (through TC) barely budge. (In fact, EX went DOWN.) He still had some baddies on the report, but on TU and EQ there were only some 30-day lates over a year old. I needed to find his mid-FICO and TU was his mid-FAKO so I pulled and found it to be off by exactly 100 points! The FAKO was 666 and his FICO was 766. I then decided to pull his highest FAKO (EQ at around 702) and the FICO was actually 742, so that turned out to be his mid-FICO. Mine were off by much less (10 - 30 points, and the FICOs were actually LOWER), so I was surprised. There truly is no way to know what you're dealing with until you fork up the $15 (don't forget to find a 20% discount code online first) and pull the real FICO.

The last post in this topic was posted 4927 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.