Sign in to follow this  
Teni

Dominos delivery refused to give me my pizza!

Why should I trust the delivery person with my credit card number? Swiping your card at the register goes through a different system in which the card information is encrypted through a network, the clerk isn't handling my information directly.
I paid my way through college delivering pizzas. Your argument is silly. The drivers take most of the phone orders. You have no problem giving the delivery driver your name, address, phone number, credit card number and credit card expiration date on the phone but then say you don't "trust the delivery person with my credit card number" 25 minutes later at your door?

exactly!

Why should I trust the delivery person with my credit card number? Swiping your card at the register goes through a different system in which the card information is encrypted through a network, the clerk isn't handling my information directly.
I paid my way through college delivering pizzas. Your argument is silly. The drivers take most of the phone orders. You have no problem giving the delivery driver your name, address, phone number, credit card number and credit card expiration date on the phone but then say you don't "trust the delivery person with my credit card number" 25 minutes later at your door?

exactly!

So what about copying the driver's license and ID so you have a record of whom you're giving your cc info too?

They shouldn't object to that. Also a copy of the car registration and insurance - just to make sure they're legal.

The driver should have absolutely NO problems with you verifying who THEY are. :blush2:

exactly!

So what about copying the driver's license and ID so you have a record of whom you're giving your cc info too?

They shouldn't object to that. Also a copy of the car registration and insurance - just to make sure they're legal.

The driver should have absolutely NO problems with you verifying who THEY are. :blush2:

It occurs to me that someone had a 'secure' credit card they were hyping not long ago that had a flat front surface, so that it could not be imprinted...how do the pizza people deal with those cards?

exactly!

The driver should have absolutely NO problems with you verifying who THEY are. :huh:

I think the fact that they are standing on YOUR doorstep holding the pizza that YOU ordered would be sufficient to prove that they are legit.

Seriously, lets not be ridiculous.

exactly!

The driver should have absolutely NO problems with you verifying who THEY are. :clapping:

I think the fact that they are standing on YOUR doorstep holding the pizza that YOU ordered would be sufficient to prove that they are legit.

Yeah, that'd be a quick way to be blacklisted. If you're a PITA, the store could care less about "losing a valued customer."

I liked cljohnr's post ... because it's completely true! Most of the time drivers are taking your order ... and you may not even realize that the person on your doorstep is the same person who took your order 30 minutes ago. So they already had access to your CC information. Plus, it's all saved in the internal computer - in a lot of stores, they can ask "do you want to use the same credit card you used last time?" and pull it back up.

The bottom line is, Visa/MC/etc's merchandiser agreements do NOT ban the store from imprinting the cards, unlike the ID issue. That was the only way it could be done in the past, and there are still plenty of places that do the same.

I really don't see much of a problem with imprinting the entire card. I see absolutely no problem with imprinting the last 4 digits of the card. Not sure what the big deal is. Imprinting used to be common practice. If your card does not swipe and a merchant types the number in manually, they should imprint. In some cases, the store will not receive credit for such transactions without the imprint.

exactly!

The driver should have absolutely NO problems with you verifying who THEY are. :offtopic:

"Seriously, lets not be ridiculous."

Sorry, being ridiculous is what the "VISA MC policies" sub-forum is all about.

I read so I can say to myself "Well, at least I'm not as crazy as him (or her)".

First I want to point out that the delivery person did not want to make an imprint of the card, all she wanted to do was compare the last four digits. Thats why I held the reciept over the rest of the digits. My concern with imprinting the entire card on the reciept is that is would be too easy to take the number and experation date and go on a shopping spree. The difference between imprinting the card and swiping it, is that is only the last for digits print out on the reciept. I've had my card number stolen in the past and I reserve the right to overreact.

I got a call from the store manager who apologised and mailed me some coupons.

My store is not allowed to manually type in CC numbers into the register unless the CC is our own Store CC since instant approvals can use their available credit immediately. Your shady behavior refusing to let the driver verify the CC to match it to the same one that was given over the phone is ridiculous. ID is allowed to be required if the transaction looks suspicious, and by not allowing the driver to see your card, is suspicious. Especially considering you just gave the entire 16 digit card number, expiration date, name, and address to that same EXACT person 30 minutes earlier. Thats ridiculous.

Why should I let any delivery person take an imprint of my entire credit card number? I've ordered pizza many times from Papa Johns with a credit card and they just ask me to present the card on delivery. If they dared imprint the numbers I'd tell them to take a hike.

But it's okay for them to swipe it at the register?

Swiping proves to the CC company that you had the card physically. Imprinting does the same - remember the days before magnetic swipes everywhere? You have to prove the card was there physically, that way the cardholder can't come back and say it was a fraudulent charge because the card was not present at the time of the transaction. Covers the company's rear, covers the driver's rear, and if you don't like it .. start paying cash for your pizza.

Actually whether the clerks have access to CC info depends on the system being used. In the store I work for, clerks do have access to CC info on past transactions.

Yes this is true. I worked for a gas station and one of the managers felt that when she had a drive off she would just tack it on to someone else's card. That way she didn't miss her bonus for being short from drive offs. I told her I would be pissed if I saw a charge like that and probably never come back to the store. She said most people don't even check and even if they do complain, the credit card company eats the charge. I told her it was wrong, but she continued to justify it. I told her she should be reported and she told me she would just deny it and get me fired so I should mind my own business.

FOAD lady, I didn't stay much longer after that.

Edited by jcs0527

Why should I let any delivery person take an imprint of my entire credit card number? I've ordered pizza many times from Papa Johns with a credit card and they just ask me to present the card on delivery. If they dared imprint the numbers I'd tell them to take a hike.

But it's okay for them to swipe it at the register?

Swiping proves to the CC company that you had the card physically. Imprinting does the same - remember the days before magnetic swipes everywhere? You have to prove the card was there physically, that way the cardholder can't come back and say it was a fraudulent charge because the card was not present at the time of the transaction. Covers the company's rear, covers the driver's rear, and if you don't like it .. start paying cash for your pizza.

Actually whether the clerks have access to CC info depends on the system being used. In the store I work for, clerks do have access to CC info on past transactions.

Yes this is true. I worked for a gas station and one of the managers felt that when she had a drive off she would just tack it on to someone else's card. That way she didn't miss her bonus for being short from drive offs. I told her I would be pissed if I saw a charge like that and probably never come back to the store. She said most people don't even check and even if they do complain, the credit card company eats the charge. I told her it was wrong, but she continued to justify it. I told her she should be reported and she told me she would just deny it and get me fired so I should mind my own business.

It's not wrong.. It's THEFT, and a manager like that deserves to be in jail. (actually they deserve to be gutted from waist to neck)

It's not wrong.. It's THEFT, and a manager like that deserves to be in jail. (actually they deserve to be gutted from waist to neck)

Agreed. The lady was right in the one sense that many people don't check their statements and just pay it, but all that means is it's easier for her to get away with it.

I'm sure the irony would be lost on her if she were told that she is a thief in exactly the same way that the person who drove off is.

I'm sure the irony would be lost on her if she were told that she is a thief in exactly the same way that the person who drove off is.

It sure does give a whole new meaning to the saying "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul"

It sure does give a whole new meaning to the saying "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul"

What a beotch. Who knows how many overdraft charges she caused to people using debit cards. If that happened to me, not only would I never buy from that store again, I would never buy anything from that entire company again.

Imprinting the credit card is actually reccomended by Visa/MC/AmEx if the card cannot be swiped.

Asking for ID was out of line. Asking to see the whole credit card was not.

FYI, per http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...w=&st=&

Rules Merchants Must Follow (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx):

1) A merchant cannot require ID for a sale/transaction if the card has a valid signature on the back.

2) A merchant cannot set a minimum charge when using a credit card.

3) A merchant cannot set a maximum charge when using a credit card.

4) A merchant cannot add fees or surcharges for using a credit card.

1) A merchant cannot require ID for a sale/transaction if the card has a valid signature on the back.

::: yawn :::

::: yawn :::

:D

It is really a CARD NOT PRESENT TRANSACTION

Imprinting the whole card number and expire date is logical (in this case)

I'm glad I only do PICK UP at PAPA JOHNS

They never even ask for ID or the card

100% ORDERED & PAID ON-LINE

Edited by GEORGE

where I live, it is common for them to make an imprint of the card since the order is done over the phone and could easily be disputed by you. Having the imprint of the card proves that the card was present.

Personally, I think you over-reacted. I would have taken the pizza back too. I mean, all they were asking was to see your card. You are acting like they were trying to break into Fort Knox or something. People need to start calming down with all this stuff already. Sheesh...

Same here. Dominoes here often does the imprint (by using a fingernail or pen to rub it into the receipt). Others don't. But they've always given me my pizza/order first then asked for the card. :P

ETA: I've never been asked for my id before...But I'm sure if the delivery person interpreted my actions as being a "B" or being difficult or whatever, they would ask. :D

Edited by angeleyeskkhr

besides...imprinting a receipt like that COULD be a violation of Federal law...since receipts can NOT have more than the last 4 digits on them

It's only on the merchant's copy. Not the customer's copy. I wonder if that changes things? :D

If I may be so bold what are you going to do concerning an AMEX FR? Are you going to cancel the cards yourself and then re-apply? It would seem better than having them cancel your cards assuming you don't want to send them all kinds of documents.

If I may be so bold what are you going to do concerning an AMEX FR? Are you going to cancel the cards yourself and then re-apply? It would seem better than having them cancel your cards assuming you don't want to send them all kinds of documents.

:dntknw:

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE LIKE 1 HOUR AGO........

ALL 3 CLOSED

"May I ask the reason for you closing the account(s)"

$200,000+ (3 CARDS) early last week...<$8,000 today

YOU TELL ME WHY I AM CLOSING THE 3 ACCOUNTS

WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT?????????

Edited by GEORGE

Same here. Dominoes here often does the imprint (by using a fingernail or pen to rub it into the receipt). Others don't. But they've always given me my pizza/order first then asked for the card. :lol:

ETA: I've never been asked for my id before...But I'm sure if the delivery person interpreted my actions as being a "B" or being difficult or whatever, they would ask. :grin:

The only time I ever encountered that was when we were at a hotel that was in a "bad" part of town. They want to make sure all of the "bad" people aren't stealing cc's. No offense, but the real "bad" people steal cash. It's much easier. LOL

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines