Sign in to follow this  
JessicaRabbit88

Biz Thread Ah-Ha Moments

Here is information I compiled for you and others to review and get started.  Best of luck to you.

Free Duns Number – Go to site listed below:

https://sbs.dnb.com/secure/eupintro.asp?bhc...hcd2=1079765286

Vendors Report to Bureaus & Provide Trade Reference.  To obtain a paydex score (credit score) you need 5 trade references.  Apply at the vendors listed below.

http://www.kinkos.com/products/accounts/legal.php (Kinkos)

http://www.dhl-usa.com/sbc/smbiz.asp?nav=sb (Airborne Delivery Services)

http://www.uline.com

http://www.viking.com (Office Supplies)

http://www.officefuel.com (Office Supplies)

Retail Credit Requirements

Accurate Office Supply – (800) 325-2551 – Requirements:

PG: No

Paydex: No

Net 30, revolving account, 3 trades and 1 bank trade.  Call to have application faxed to you.  Reports to D&B, but does not report to Experian.

Best Buy – (800) 811-7276 – Requirements:

Paydex: Yes – 65+

At least 2 years in business.

Chevron – (888) 243-8358 Requirements:

PG: Yes

At least 2 years in business, DNB check revolving acct – net 30.  Apply on-line.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Conoco, Inc. – (800) 764-9500 – Requirements:

Net 30-full balance, apply on-line located in 23 states, ask for locations.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Diners Club – (800) 234-6377 – Requirements:

Corporation accounts (minimum 5 cards) 3 years in business, $200,000 net worth, each card holder gives personal guaranty.  Call to apply.  Does not report to D&B or Experian.

Exxon Fuel – (800) 438-3996 – Requirements:

Net 30-full balance, 1 year secured or 3 years in business.  Apply on-line.  Does not report to D&B.  Reports to Experian.

Fry’s Electronics – (714) 688-3000 – Requirements:

3 trades, 1 bank trade, net 30-full balance.  Must submit financials and balance sheet before approval.  Does not report to D&B or Experian

Grainger.com – (310) 327-7370 – Requirements:

Net 30-full balance.  $1,000 min. credit limit, business license needed along with 1 bank trade and 2-3 other trades.  Reports to D&B, but not to Experian.

Home Depot – (800) 685-6691 – Requirements:

2 years in business.  Revolving account and/or net 30.  Apply on-line.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

JC Pennys – (407) 788-4022 – Requirements:

Paydex: Yes

At least 6 months in business and paydex score required with no delinquencies.  Call to apply.  Does not report to D&B or Experian.

Kinko’s – (800) 488-3705 – Requirements:

Revolving account net 30, apply online, will check D&B number and verify business address.  Reports to D&B only when requested by D&B.  Does not report to Experian.

Lowes – (800) 445-6937 – Requirements:

Revolving account or net 30.  3 years in business.  Reports to D&B only.

Macys – (800) 933-6229 – Requirements:

2 years in business and some credit history.  Call to have application faxed to you.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Mobil Gas – (877) 959-1007 – Requirements:

Net 30-full balance, 1 year secured account or 3 years in business.  Apply on-line.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Neiman Marcus – (800) 685-6695 – Requirements:

Must be in business 2 years and signer on account gives personal guaranty, call to have application mailed to you.  Does not report to D&B, but does report to Experian.

Nordstroms – (800) 964-1800 – Requirements:

Net 30-full balance, 3-4 trades, verify 2 (trades should be net 30 accounts as well) call for application.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Office Depot – (800) 729-7744 – Requirements:

Revolving account, net 30.  Must be incorporated.  Print on-line and fax.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Office Max – (877) 633-4236 – Requirements:

Must have some credit history.  Apply on-line.  Payment has to be made after invoice is received.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Orchard Supply – (408) 281-3500 – Requirements:

Net 30, 3 trades with at least 3 months activity and 1 bank trade.  Call to get application.  Does not report to D&B or Experian

Phillips 66 Gas – (800) 648-4199 – Requirements:

Duns report pulled, 3 trades, 1 bank trade needed.  Reports to D&B and does not report to Experian.

Radio Shack – (888) 773-2435 – Requirements:

Revolving Account, net 30.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Sears – (800) 917-7700 – Requirements:

2 years in business, revolving acct, net 30, call to get application faxed to you.  Reports to:  D&B and Experian.

Sinclair Oil Gas Card – (800) 340-3466 – Requirements:

At least 4 trades, net 30-full balance, personal guaranteed required from each cardholder.  Does not report to D&B or Experian.

Speedway Super America Fleet Gas Card – (800) 643-1948 – Requirements:

Net 30-full balance, at least 1 year in business.

Staples – (800) 669-5285 – Requirements:

Revolving account net 30.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Texaco – (800) 839-2267 – Requirements:

Need some credit history.  Apply on-line.  Reports to D&B and Experian.

Union 76 – (800) 944-7676 – Requirements:

2-3 trade references, 1 bank reference, duns check done on large businesses.  Does not report to D&B or Experian

Wright Express Fleet Card – (800) 395-0812 – Requirements:

Some credit history, 3 years in business, net 26, full balance.  Reports to D&B only.

I'm using my idle time to study the boards per the recommendation of the Senior CB members. I am most greatful that Ms. Rabbit posted this listing, but, it seems as if the Creditors listed have strayed from this profile. For instance, my business was granted a Wright Express Fleet card without a PG, without a Paydex, and without having some credit history. The same thing with Lowes and HD. Do you think that the creditors update their credit policy periodically?

I agree.

And with companies like Kinkos that havent reported for anybody, but can be used as a reference. I think we should look for an up to date list and requirements. But with the way things seem to change, sometimes day by day, is that even accomplishable?

I was wondering....

How can I get 5 trade refs if they all ask for trade refrences their self?

For example, trying to get a fedex account, they want 2 trade refs? Where do i start? IS there any companys that dont require any prior trade refs?

Hello i am new to the board. I am wondering what this term "NET 30" means....And what i have to do to assume this if it's needed....

Hello i am new to the board. I am wondering what this term "NET 30" means....And what i have to do to assume this if it's needed....

Net 30 means that the entire balance is due within 30 days.

Net 30 means that the entire balance is due within 30 days.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I NEEDED THAT INFO... NOW I OWN A NEW CORP AND AM WONDERING WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO APPLY FOR FIRST I DON'T HAVE A PAYDEX OR D&B I DO HAVE 2 CORP BANK ACCOUNTS A SAMS CLUB BUSINESS "MEMBERSHIP" (NOT CREDIT)AND I DO HAVE MY OFFICE PHONE NUMBERS FOR THE CORP LISTED IN 411 PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN........

Check out the "Pinned" topics on the Business Credit Forum front page. There is literally pages and pages of info on what to do when you are first getting started...

check it out!

Check out the "Pinned" topics on the Business Credit Forum front page.  There is literally pages and pages of info on what to do when you are first getting started...

check it out!

THANKX FOR THE INFO I APPRECIATE IT

This is an interesting and old thread.

I agree, I am nearing my goal in personal credit, and thought I may start on business credit soon. Its like back in the good ol days when i started working on my personal credit- 2 weeks of nothing but reading and building a game plan.

This is an interesting and old thread.

I agree, I am nearing my goal in personal credit, and thought I may start on business credit soon. Its like back in the good ol days when i started working on my personal credit- 2 weeks of nothing but reading and building a game plan.

You got it right a workable game plan and reading will, = Great results

I filled out a Staples application for revolving line on thier website. Upon completion I was told that the application was under review and was given a refernce #. I called the contact # listed and spoke with a representative who verified my information and approved me for a $1000.00 LOC.

Point is - don't wait, follow up and persue. :)

~Set up a Corp business. Smart to protect yourself and the only type of business that allows you to keep your business credit and personal credit seperate. LLCs and Sole are okay for contract work or property investment, but you still should get a Corp to manage them.

Jessica

I was just wondering why this was? Is an LLC not sufficant? I always read that and LLC gives as much protection as a Corp. Sorry if this has been covered here but i looked and can't find anything on the subject.

I like that this has boiled lots and lots threads down into basic information. However, can some help update this information? It seems that some NET30 companies are now requesting PGs.

Thanks!

~Set up a Corp business. Smart to protect yourself and the only type of business that allows you to keep your business credit and personal credit seperate. LLCs and Sole are okay for contract work or property investment, but you still should get a Corp to manage them.

Jessica

I was just wondering why this was? Is an LLC not sufficant? I always read that and LLC gives as much protection as a Corp. Sorry if this has been covered here but i looked and can't find anything on the subject.

C corps have been established for centuries world wide and can stand the muster of the courts when there is proper documentation and corporate functionality is firmly established, when a challenge such as corporate veil is attempted. LLC and S corps haven't had the history and are usually just holding companies. Creditors want to see C corp. It is easier to extract liability from a non C corp when there is a challenge to the company or its assets. LLC etc lack the court precedent so it is easier to go after owners assets than a C corp.

Well, my business has been Inc'd for several years now. In that time, I have done lots of things without any PG. Those include:

Leased 4 Company cars for the computer business through Ford (four Taurus SES models)

If you have a computer business, you can get LOC with the master distributors such as Synnex, Sumi, Tech Data, etc. I always buy cheaper merchandise than they offer due to having better resources, but they are an option for the computer business person.

Merchant terminals via Bank Atlantic, and Cardservice International.

Another good source of Business credit is Fidelity leasing. I have 75K with them, no PG.

Several telephone services (Nextel, Verizon, Sprint, etc)

Home Depot, Office Depot, Office Max, Lowes, all cards are CL between 2K-12.5K

Hmmmm, several other things that I can't think of at 4am! These are between my RE business and computer business.

Hello Everyone, sort of new to the site but I have been reading the postings for 2 days now. Think I've grasped the necessary concepts but I have a tendency to put the cart before the horse. I want to make sure I do this correct going forward. I recently incorporated my business July 2008. I opened a business checking/savings account with Chase. I already had a business 800 number for my company with FreedomVoice Systems and was using a UPS Store for my business address. My fico scores are 715 745 738. I was instantly issued a business credit card for $15,000 upon opening the business account. I phoned D&B to request my Dunns number and of course I was told the story of how I would not build or establish credit the correct way without utilizing their creditbuilder program for a whopping 599 or so. I told them I would get back to them. I attempted to do it myself but wanted to make sure I do it correctly. I'm glad I paused and was able to read the information on this website. I want to ensure I set up my company information correctly.

1. Do I need to change my company address from the UPS Store to my home address?

2. Realized my 800 number is not listed in business directory if FreedomVoice can publish number can I keep it for business number and have bill mailed to my business address as opposed to being emailed to me?

3. Is it better to utilize a land line number at my home address for business? Or better yet, should I get another cell phone and use as my business number?

3. Will the number of employees or the nature of my business affect my credit limitations when it comes to applying for credit lines and credit cards from banks in the future?

My corporation was set up to manage LLC's that will hold my other rental investment properties. It will also need access to cash to do real estate transactions (aquisition and rehabbing of properties, quickturns etc.) I read somewhere in one of the threads that Real Estate Investors have to be careful how they list the nature of their business not to list it as Real Estate but as a design consultant or something.

Final question:

4. Is there any validity to this statement? Also dont want to get labled and taxed as a dealer :wacko:

Once I get set up correctly and get the answer to these questions I will on my way. The information provided on this website has truly been a blessing and definitely helpful.

Thank you to everyone who took time to share this information that many attempt to charge people a fortune for. May your business flourish and prosper for you have taken time to give back and help others get on their way to success as well.

Linda

~After receiving your first phone bill, go to www.staples.com and fax in copy of application along with copy of phone bill to apply for business credit. Use professional letterhead for coversheet. You should receive the standard $750 credit line with no personal guarentee (herein referred to as "PG").

~Set up the following business accounts, and make at least one purchase, you want to pay this off BEFORE the first statement hits:

1. Nextel 2001 Edmund Halley Dr Reston, VA 20191 CONTACT Customer Service 1-800-639-1111

2. UPS - www.ups.com

3. FedEx CONTACT Revenue Services Department 1-800-622-1147 press 4 then 1

4. Verizion CONTACT Customer Service 1-800-755-1048

5. Barnes & Noble CONTACT Purchase order department 1-212-414-6000

6. Quill Corporation 100 So Schelter Lincolnshire, IL 60069 CONTACT Credit Department 1-800-634-3090

7. Viking 8200 East 32nd St No. Wichitas, KS 67226 CONTACT Credit Department 1-888-454-5457

9. Rapid Forms 301 Grove Rd Thorofare, NJ 08086 CONTACT Billing Departement 1-800-257-5287

Okay that is my "ah-ha"s of the thread, please feel free to add your own :angry:

Jessica

So does this still hold true? Ive been told its a little more difficult to get approved at staples with no PG?

I have everything in place just dont want to make any early mistakes.

~After receiving your first phone bill, go to www.staples.com and fax in copy of application along with copy of phone bill to apply for business credit. Use professional letterhead for coversheet. You should receive the standard $750 credit line with no personal guarentee (herein referred to as "PG").

~Set up the following business accounts, and make at least one purchase, you want to pay this off BEFORE the first statement hits:

1. Nextel 2001 Edmund Halley Dr Reston, VA 20191 CONTACT Customer Service 1-800-639-1111

2. UPS - www.ups.com

3. FedEx CONTACT Revenue Services Department 1-800-622-1147 press 4 then 1

4. Verizion CONTACT Customer Service 1-800-755-1048

5. Barnes & Noble CONTACT Purchase order department 1-212-414-6000

6. Quill Corporation 100 So Schelter Lincolnshire, IL 60069 CONTACT Credit Department 1-800-634-3090

7. Viking 8200 East 32nd St No. Wichitas, KS 67226 CONTACT Credit Department 1-888-454-5457

9. Rapid Forms 301 Grove Rd Thorofare, NJ 08086 CONTACT Billing Departement 1-800-257-5287

Okay that is my "ah-ha"s of the thread, please feel free to add your own ;)

Jessica

So does this still hold true? Ive been told its a little more difficult to get approved at staples with no PG?

I have everything in place just dont want to make any early mistakes.

I have a new business and applied for credit through Staples and they are requesting a PG. Any suggestions?