What's the deal with this CA?

The last post in this topic was posted 5141 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Last month, I sent a DV to Creditor's Interchange after they called and made threats of lawsuits, etc.

I received a letter back from them stating that they'd received my request for information on the account and "the account has been placed on hold and all collection efforts on the account have ceased until the requested information has been received from our client and sent to you".

Okay, that letter was dated 3-23-2007. They mentioned it could up to or exceed 30 days to receive the information. This is 4-20-2007 and I haven't received anything from them by mail yet.

But I did receive an answering machine message about an hour ago from 'Creditor's Financial Group', once again threatening litigation. I looked up CFG and sure enough, they are a part of the same group as Creditor's Interchange.

Any idea what's going on here? I have no intention of returning the phone call but if I do happen to pick up the phone and it's them, what should I tell them?

Or should I just send another letter to Creditor's Interchange since they appear to be in breach of their promise not to contact me on this until the validation information was sent?

Are they on your credit report? If so, did you dispute the account on your CR when you DV'd them? This is the 1-2 punch and probably would have taken care of the situation if they were on your report and they were claiming it would take longer than 30days.

Also, did you include a limited C&D order in our DV? If so, all you would have to do is prove somehow that the two companies are one and the same and you have them in violation for continued collection activities. Save the message, take a pic of the caller ID with your camera phone and do a little research on who is who.

Good Luck!

The last post in this topic was posted 5141 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.