Sign in to follow this  
Jen23514

Help! There is a anole loose in my house.

Opened the cover to feed crickets and today he was FAST and jumped about 7 inches in the air and took off. The cat and dog have not found him yet....

better find him before I go to bed....

I hope eating anole's aren't poisoness to other pets.....?

I didn't know what it was before 2 weeks ago...

My brother's bright idea (are you sure he's 28?) was since he got out before feeding time, maybe he's hungry, and if I put a cricket in the LR floor, he'll come out for it! WTF? uh, no.

green%20anole.JPG

Edited by jvf4812

I didn't know what it was before 2 weeks ago...

My brother's bright idea (are you sure he's 28?) was since he got out before feeding time, maybe he's hungry, and if I put a cricket in the LR floor, he'll come out for it! WTF? uh, no.

green%20anole.JPG

Oh okay....kinda cute in a creepy way :dntknw: wouldnt want to find it under my covers!

Isn't that just a regular ole lizard?

Leave him in the house....no roach problems.

I used to keep several in my room while growing up. (well actually they would find their way into my room). I had a large Magnolia right next to my window....therefore, I would always end up with a roach or two in my room (and roaches are my worst phobia).

Keep Lizards = no roaches. I'm cool with that. :D

Although it was sort of gross in the middle of the night to hear this big CRUNCH. But I sure did sleep better knowing some creepy-crawly wasn't getting on my bed while I was sleeping. :)

Isn't that just a regular ole lizard?

Leave him in the house....no roach problems.

I used to keep several in my room while growing up. (well actually they would find their way into my room). I had a large Magnolia right next to my window....therefore, I would always end up with a roach or two in my room (and roaches are my worst phobia).

Keep Lizards = no roaches. I'm cool with that. :D

Although it was sort of gross in the middle of the night to hear this big CRUNCH. But I sure did sleep better knowing some creepy-crawly wasn't getting on my bed while I was sleeping. :)

i wonder if they eat spiders n centepedes? if they do, would someone kindly send me one or two? :P

I believe he was just spotted, I hear a hiss and a ruckus in the next room, cat is on guard... but I don't see the little bugger...

How can I go to sleep knowing there is a freakin lizard loose in the house?

That's what I get for allowing my house to become Animal Planet.

DD was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this thread, and now she wants one. :clapping:

They're actually hi-maintance.... the Petsmart guy told me no, but when I went home and looked them up, they are.

If you want some more, I had 3 of them hanging out on the windowsill this morning - YAY spring! :wave:

DD was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this thread, and now she wants one. :wave:

Uh....just open the door and one will come in.

I can't believe people would buy something they can go get out of their back yard. I thought lizards were pretty much all over the country....sorta like squirrels and garden snakes.

If you want some more, I had 3 of them hanging out on the windowsill this morning - YAY spring! :grin:

I don't think we have them around here... maybe too cold in the winter? I've never seen one before.

Ya know last year (sometime, can't quite remember when) I was sitting out on my moms screened in porch. I was watching two of them mate.....hanging upside down and hanging on to the ceiling with their back claws. It was really wild.

I think I might have gotten a picture of it....I have just never seen them do it like that before.

Of course my mother was flabbergasted that I witnessed two lizards doing "that"...and on her back porch at that.

I told her not to worry...that I am sure they were married. :grin:

Ya know last year (sometime, can't quite remember when) I was sitting out on my moms screened in porch. I was watching two of them mate.....hanging upside down and hanging on to the ceiling with their back claws. It was really wild.

I think I might have gotten a picture of it....I have just never seen them do it like that before.

Of course my mother was flabbergasted that I witnessed two lizards doing "that"...and on her back porch at that.

I told her not to worry...that I am sure they were married. <_<

:grin:

DD was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this thread, and now she wants one. :good:

I can't believe people would buy something they can go get out of their back yard. I thought lizards were pretty much all over the country....sorta like squirrels and garden snakes.

That are not everywhere. We are in the Northeast and we do not have lizards like that. I think they live in more tropical areas.

DD was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this thread, and now she wants one. :good:

That are not everywhere. We are in the Northeast and we do not have lizards like that. I think they live in more tropical areas.

Yup. They're all over the south. I've never seen one in the northeast. :)

I somewhat had the same discussion with a friend of mine who paid $500 for a little designer dog (that she carries in her little LV bag).... asking why she would pay for a dog, when a really great one can be found at the pound and adopted for less than $100 (and it includes some shots).

her answer? why would I want a mutt? :good::)

some are mutts, and some aren't, you never know what you'll get there. Anyway, you comment made me think of that comment.

We paid $4.99 each for them... so I guess maybe in the southern states they are more common, but never seen one in KC.

Hmmmm....

This gives me an idea for an internet business.... :angry:

Do you think people will pay more for skinks?