Sign in to follow this  
cinammonkisses

CMRR is it really that important?

Wait, wait, wait...before you pull the torches out on me, yes I do know that CMRR is important! My main question is is buying the green card better than just getting the electronic version online? Today was my first day sending all of my letters CMRR. I spent like almost $19 (I know not as much as some people but I was still shocked) The Post Office lady tried to talk me into not buying the green card, but instead getting the electronic version so that I could save some money. I went ahead and spent extra on the green card because I didn't want to take any chances.

So is there ever a time when the electronic version is better than the green card copy?

It depends if you are going to need to sue them. :dntknw:

Are they electronic versions scans of the green card or something else?

it's only important if you want to be able to prove your case in court...or to a CRA...or the CA lawyer...

ask yourself this...

is it worth the extra buck or so to ensure that you'll have solid proof in case it DOES come to that?

IMO, if it's NOT worth it to you, then you might want to rethink if you want to bother fixing your credit or not....

to me....having clean reports is WELL worth the extra few bucks I've spent on CMRRR

Do it. As others have said, you never know when you'll need it. Besides, if you ever have to sue them, you can recoup your expenses.

Some people say to CM only with no RR on CRAs, but I completely disagree and I'm in a situation right now where I'm *very* glad I have the greenie.

I'm in a situation right now where I'm *very* glad I have the greenie.

Well since you put it that way, I'm glad I decided to spent a few extra pennies and get the green card. Thanks!

I know most people say to get the green card or worry when they don't get one back or CS refuses to sign but I was reading Texas Rules of Civil Practice (the butler did it in the kitchen with a knife) and noted that it stated that a Certified Mail Retun Receipt Requested receipyt with PO stamp was considered delivered. Others might want to check their state rules.

get the green card... you still have the electronic available online... just enter the cm # at usps.com which can shave a day or two off you knowing when the cm was received

The difference for me was more like $.39 for a standard stamp (maybe two) and over $6.00 for CMRR.

If I am DVing a CA multiple times for a debt less than $50, this can add up very fast. Especially if they don't respond and you have to send them over 4 separate letters ($24+ for a debt less than $50).

I have had better results not using CMRR as I think the CAs look at most anything coming to them this way is either a form letter or a credit repair agency. But that is just a theory.

But if the supposed debt was for a very large amount ($500+. Maybe even for a little less) and there was a strong possibility of any kind of litigation on my or the CAs part, then yes, CMRR would definitely be in order then.

Of course, everyone has different experiences here on CB and the veterans give great advice so if you are new to DVs and disputes I would heed their advice.

Had a bunch of CMRRRs go out this month. Had one that hasn't come back yet, even though it's been marked "delivered" since the 9th. It's Cap 1, too :blink: Coincidence? :P

The difference for me was more like $.39 for a standard stamp (maybe two) and over $6.00 for CMRR.

If I am DVing a CA multiple times for a debt less than $50, this can add up very fast. Especially if they don't respond and you have to send them over 4 separate letters ($24+ for a debt less than $50).

I have had better results not using CMRR as I think the CAs look at most anything coming to them this way is either a form letter or a credit repair agency. But that is just a theory.

But if the supposed debt was for a very large amount ($500+. Maybe even for a little less) and there was a strong possibility of any kind of litigation on my or the CAs part, then yes, CMRR would definitely be in order then.

Of course, everyone has different experiences here on CB and the veterans give great advice so if you are new to DVs and disputes I would heed their advice.

Why are you playing games with them sue them they will fold like a house of cards you said you hate spending 25bucks on 50 dollar debt do you think they want to responde and spend what they would get right off the top when they have to respond to your small claims/

Be done already let me know if you need help.

OH always GREEN card even for a 25 dollar debt

how much is it costing you in lower scores higher interest rates more the $4.61

Edited by screwedbysears

Why are you playing games with them sue them they will fold like a house of cards you said you hate spending 25bucks on 50 dollar debt do you think they want to responde and spend what they would get right off the top when they have to respond to your small claims/

Be done already let me know if you need help.

OH always GREEN card even for a 25 dollar debt

how much is it costing you in lower scores higher interest rates more the $4.61

right on <_< ... dv once... maybe twice for extra measure included in its letter...but 3+ times?! i fooled around with a ca for over 6 months... cmrr everything... sent its letter and went to see attorney with a paper trail a inch thick... attorney was impressed and wants the case... ca closed the acct and cra deleted... without those cmrrr...i wouldnt have had the guts to sue...

Edited by ON-MY_way

I know most people say to get the green card or worry when they don't get one back or CS refuses to sign but I was reading Texas Rules of Civil Practice (the butler did it in the kitchen with a knife) and noted that it stated that a Certified Mail Retun Receipt Requested receipyt with PO stamp was considered delivered. Others might want to check their state rules.

This is true, however, "delivered" doesn't necessarily mean "received". They can claim it got lost at the post office or it fell out of their mailbox when they collected it, etc, etc. If you have a signature that proves the mail piece entered their custody, your case becomes that much more airtight.

Another thing is I hate waiting for anything and the post office is no exception. I pick up a bunch of CM and RR forms whenever I go there to check my box. I made templates for the forms on my computer and run them through the laser printer to fill them out. Then all I have to do is drop them in a regular mailbox. The one drawback is that I don't get the hand stamp from the post office proving it was mailed, so the green card becomes that much more important in this case.

I still have no idea of how you got over $6 on a basic letter...a letter costing 39 cents should only be $4.64 with the green card.

If I remember the breakdown correctly from keying into the meter, there is the 39 cents for postage, $2.40 for the certified fee and $1.85 for the signature confirming receipt.

The only thing that might have added to the cost that I can think of is if a restricted endorsement was sought, which is an expense and action that simply is not necessary.

*BUMP*

Update: I just got 2 of my green cards back! one from Alliance One (Cincinnati Bell acct) and Senex Services (hospital bill) I paid off in 05' and I wrote them a letter telling them I was with the understanding that upon payment it would be deleted from my reports. So should I wait...then I guess?

I would think certified mail would be sufficient.

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/ex...mailservice.htm

"With Certified Mail™... As an additional security feature, the recipient’s signature is obtained at the time of delivery and a record is maintained by the Post Office™. For an additional fee, you can request a copy of the signature record before or after delivery with Return Receipt."

If it comes down to needing the signature for court, you can get it later for $3.45. The only difference I suppose is that it is a copy and not the original signature.

Edited by nooneimportant

"With Certified Mail™... As an additional security feature, the recipient’s signature is obtained at the time of delivery and a record is maintained by the Post Office™. For an additional fee, you can request a copy of the signature record before or after delivery with Return Receipt."

If it comes down to needing the signature for court, you can get it later for $3.45. The only difference I suppose is that it is a copy and not the original signature.

I've included copies of the green card with letters I've sent to agencies when filing a complaint, so I don't use them just for court.

I think they're good to have and worth the $1.85.

I've included copies of the green card with letters I've sent to agencies when filing a complaint, so I don't use them just for court.

I think they're good to have and worth the $1.85.

I agree. I think it's good that I got the green cards. I actually have it in hand, not relying on some computer printout. It's not worth the risk. I'm glad I got the green cards now..

I :lol: my green cards. When there's one in the mailbox I feel a sense of HA HA! I got you now! Seriously!

All of my previous CMRRR's I did on Netpost. I don't normally have to go to the PO very often. On Netpost, each 1-page, Color copy CMRRR was $6.58 (but as I said, that was Color printing...) However, I was at the PO the other day to send off something overnight, so I picked up a huge stack of CM forms. Glad I did - I now have 9 letters to the CRAs that would have been a bit of a pain to send NetPost (multiple pages, multiple copies, color scans of CMRRR Green cards, etc).

Wait, wait, wait...before you pull the torches out on me, yes I do know that CMRR is important! My main question is is buying the green card better than just getting the electronic version online? Today was my first day sending all of my letters CMRR. I spent like almost $19 (I know not as much as some people but I was still shocked) The Post Office lady tried to talk me into not buying the green card, but instead getting the electronic version so that I could save some money. I went ahead and spent extra on the green card because I didn't want to take any chances.

Yes, I received a green card back from a recent mailing sign and dated.

The USPS website still says its in transit to the destination.

Over two weeks later......

What if they never update the website?

Green cards for the win!

So what's your non-return rate on green cards?

I've sent out maybe a dozen CMRRRs in the past month, and I've had 2 green cards not come back - one noted as delivered 3 weeks ago, and one noted as delivered 1 week ago. On the others, the card has come back within a couple of days of delivery. Then I've had 1 that was never scanned again after my local PO accepted it, but at least I got the card back on that one.

So what's your non-return rate on green cards?

I've sent out maybe a dozen CMRRRs in the past month, and I've had 2 green cards not come back - one noted as delivered 3 weeks ago, and one noted as delivered 1 week ago. On the others, the card has come back within a couple of days of delivery. Then I've had 1 that was never scanned again after my local PO accepted it, but at least I got the card back on that one.

Green, I really dont know how to help with that issue...hopefully someone can chime in!

that's right the post office never loses anything?

My first ITS letter they lost the green card if they could lose that the signature could get purged not downloaded any number of things but whatever your comfortable with is fine with me.

Let's wake this thread back up.

I was thinking, today, as I was sending in my CMRR letters to the CRAs today:

Specifically, I'm referring to the CRAs: If they were to ignore your dispute completely and not reply with anything, then I could see how the green card would come in really handy. But if they reply back with verified or the frivolous claim excuse, then that's enough evidence right there to show that they received your letter.

Also, I've seen bits and pieces of posts that say people have lost in court because they needed the RR portion of their mailing in order to prove whatever they were trying to prove. Is this true?

Edited by KUDave