ASayre

Links to the Free Online CRA Credit Reports

Thanks for this thread. Just found it by a request from another member in the credit form. Good info.

Is there a certain number of times you can use this backdoor method?

Thanks for this thread. Just found it by a request from another member in the credit form. Good info.

For TU, YES. As to what exactly that number is ..... :dntknw:

I try not to use TU's backdoor too much, maybe once per month. :lol:

Guest SoFLi-ne
These are the links to get the free reports from the CRAs due to declines/adverse action or what not:

Qualification is as follows:

. Within the last 60 days, you have received an adverse action notice based on information from your credit report, such as:

Denial of credit, or other unfavorable action affecting a credit application or account.

Denial of insurance, or other unfavorable action on an insurance application or policy.

Denial of employment, or other unfavorable action affecting current employment or an employment application.

Denial of, or other unfavorable action affecting, a government license or benefit.

Denial of, or other unfavorable action on, another transaction or account, such as an application for an apartment or utility service.

. You are experiencing one of the circumstances below.

You are unemployed and plan to seek employment within 60 days.

You receive public welfare assistance.

You have reason to believe your credit file is inaccurate due to fraud

The various CRAs tend to hide the free online access. For example, the Equifax tries to convince you to buy it or that it's only accessible through mail.

Here are the links:

http://annualcreditreport.transunion.com/t...ntSituation.jsp

(contrary to URL, this is NOT the free annual one)

http://www.experian....cess/index.html

(Click 'Get my Report Now')

https://aa.econsumer...d/landing.ehtml

(Equifax will constantly add on things and try and get you to buy something. Be sure to uncheck the things that require payment)

All of them require verification of some form, usually a series of questions, and I think TU requires you make an account if you don't already have one.

Enjoy, and use responsibly!

Note to mods: Outbound links and topic ok'd by breeze.

This is the link to use if the user already has a TU account.

https://annualcreditreport.transunion.com/s...rue&cb=fcra

Explains much, as to link! :good:

TUReceipts.jpg

Once i figure out how to dispute addies, consider them disputed on TU then on to EQ and EX tomorrow, same way! :clapping:

Edited by SoFLi-ne

What does it mean when I get this message from Equifax besides the obvious? Verification issue or system down?

At this time we are unable to deliver your credit file online. You may call us to request your credit file be sent to you by contacting us at 1-800-685-1111.

Guest SoFLi-ne

What does it mean when I get this message from Equifax besides the obvious? Verification issue or system down?

At this time we are unable to deliver your credit file online. You may call us to request your credit file be sent to you by contacting us at 1-800-685-1111.

I got that same message.

ive been using the Experian back door for the longest... works every time. Just feed in some bogus institution that denied you recently.

ive been using the Experian back door for the longest... works every time. Just feed in some bogus institution that denied you recently.

Doesn't EX check that that the institution in question has actually accessed your CR recently?

Doesn't EX check that that the institution in question has actually accessed your CR recently?

facepalm.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Lol!

I noticed that the TU link on the 1st page is dead. I did some research and found another way in to your free report. I sent to mods and they will be updating the link shortly but here it goes:

The TU link on the 1st page is dead and hasn't worked in awhile. Looks like TU changed some things but I found another way in:

Step #1.

Click on link:

https://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes/credit-reports-disclosures.page

Step #2

Under State Credit Guidlines click on "find out if you're eligible"

Step #3

Check the I am eligible circle in the box which says "Within the last 60 days, you have recieved an adverse action notice based on information from your TU credit report, such as: This which will expand the page further.

Step #4

Check Denial of Credit. Will then ask by whom?

Step #5

Add creditor name and boom you should be in.

* Just an FYI. Since earlier this year I have only been able to use this only once a month. It was unlimited for me for many years but I never abused it. YMMV.

If you have a 7-year fraud alert on your credit reports, does this keep you from accessing your CR with the backdoor method? I can't ever get TransUnion's website to open my file up through any of the various links I've found. Any ideas?

If you have a 7-year fraud alert on your credit reports, does this keep you from accessing your CR with the backdoor method? I can't ever get TransUnion's website to open my file up through any of the various links I've found. Any ideas?

Try a different browser perhaps? IE Chrome Firefox etc..

Hm... When I use either of the recent links for denial of credit, it keeps telling me to pay $11.50.... OK. I'm willing to do that then it says my request cannot be processed at this time and to contact TU for assistance. :mellow: All I want is my soft count. Heh!

Hm... When I use either of the recent links for denial of credit, it keeps telling me to pay $11.50.... OK. I'm willing to do that then it says my request cannot be processed at this time and to contact TU for assistance. mellow.gif All I want is my soft count. Heh!

Same issue for me. I was denied for credit, and just want to get my report legitimately, but when I select denied for credit, and put in the creditors name, it asks me to login. I then login and it tells me to pay $11.50. Totally ignoring the previous page that I filled in. (I want this for soft count as well).

Is this broken for everyone?

Hm... When I use either of the recent links for denial of credit, it keeps telling me to pay $11.50.... OK. I'm willing to do that then it says my request cannot be processed at this time and to contact TU for assistance. mellow.gif All I want is my soft count. Heh!

Same issue for me. I was denied for credit, and just want to get my report legitimately, but when I select denied for credit, and put in the creditors name, it asks me to login. I then login and it tells me to pay $11.50. Totally ignoring the previous page that I filled in. (I want this for soft count as well).

Is this broken for everyone?

Same problem here. Can't seem to find a working link for TU.

Edited by chugs102

Thanks to you all I was able to keep all three without using up my annualcreditreport allotment. I did a dispute on just one item, but everything else in my reports looks pretty good. One question, is Capital One ever going to put in their tradeline? I've noticed they don't show up on either of my three reports.

Thanks to you all I was able to keep all three without using up my annualcreditreport allotment. I did a dispute on just one item, but everything else in my reports looks pretty good. One question, is Capital One ever going to put in their tradeline? I've noticed they don't show up on either of my three reports.

Is it new? It takes them a couple months.