Sign in to follow this  
walterg55

Texas law seems to require CA to Delete if They fail to Respond to DV

If they cant verify/validate within 30 days, then they have to do as the consumer requests. Most people should and do request a full deletion of the account from the CRA.

It worked on 2/5 of my accounts.

I thought I would update and ask a question. if Centex has some time to answer I would be eternally grateful!

1. Houston Funding removed the entry from my CR but did not respond in writing to me. Does that matter?

The bottom line is that they are off your report. In the interim, simply monitor for re-insertion.

2. J Graham - Deleted and never responded to my letter

see above

3. Asset and Arrow - never responded Underwriter notified - next steps?

Have you received anything from the underwriter yet? If not, then since they should have been included on the cc of the original communication, I would simply call with and frame it as a gentle inquiry of whether they had heard from their client on this particular matter.

4. In Aug W&A was calling me all the time leaving automated messages. I sent them an unknown debt letter with a limited C&D - mail only. They never responded. They pulled a hard on the 11th of April and the calls started today with the automated message. I haven't gotten anything in the mail from them and the first call was yesterday so do I wait 5 days and then hit them? do I send a follow up letter to them referencing my letter of 8/06? HELP!

Absolutely. Ensure that you prominently reference the TFC violations that now exist. Stay away from federal claims- everything is already covered under Texas codes. I'd also include a copy of the previous letter and a copy of the signed green card. Make sure to cc the underwriter including the attachments...

On Arrow and Asset, I have gotten nothing from the UW at all. I will do a general inquiry.

And on W&A, I will follow up with them.

Thank you so much and hopefully I will continue to have better news!

I got a letter from Asset UW today. They gave me a claim manager and wanted me to forward all material to her. I think that I need to let her know that I havent heard a peep out of them, right?

THANKS

friendly morning bump to get off page 7 and to add..

When I sent the original letter, I enclosed all copies of my previous attempts.

I got a letter from Asset UW today. They gave me a claim manager and wanted me to forward all material to her. I think that I need to let her know that I havent heard a peep out of them, right?

THANKS

You absolutely want to cooperate with the underwriter...if you have a valid claim, they will encourage their insured to close out the matter.

I have read the thread and I have couple of questions. When you send the 1-2 punch letters to the CA's and notify the Bond company of the CA's of the dispute, should you contact the CRA's to dispute the debt? Or should the letters to the CA's be sufficient to clear the debt?

If not, when will be a good time to contact the CRA's?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Im in Texas and sent Cavalry a simple DV letter then disputed with the CRA's. They verified with the CRA's within the 30 days. So should I send them an ITS letters stating the violations in the TFC?

I sent out two letters Friday to two different CA citing the TFC only, i will update the outcome.

Actually this will be four letters i have sent out so far invoking the TFC. The first letter(DV) resulted in no response, i followed up w/ a very strongly worded second letter/DV again citing the TFC and the violations and the tradeline was deleted two days after they received the 2nd letter.

Im in Texas and sent Cavalry a simple DV letter then disputed with the CRA's. They verified with the CRA's within the 30 days. So should I send them an ITS letters stating the violations in the TFC?

Did your first letter reference TFC? Remember, the most effective provisions of the TFC involve rememdies that must specifically be requested by the consumer.

I've been seeing this thread for a while, but kept passing it by. It just dawned on me that Natiowide Recovery is in Texas. I DV'd them, and they magically dissapeared (for the time being) off my CR. I wondered if it was because of these laws?

I have one more letter to send out...but the addy listed for the CA on my CR is a different addy on file w/ the TX Sec. of State. Which addy should i send it to?

I would send it to the address on any correspondance they sent to you.

I have not received anything from this CA

I have one more letter to send out...but the addy listed for the CA on my CR is a different addy on file w/ the TX Sec. of State. Which addy should i send it to?

Given that your due dilligence should have revealed the location of the primary office, I would be inclined to recommend sending it there. You are more apt to have a physical address associated with the business that way, which removes much of the BFE element to any future defense that they might raise.

I would like to know if any NON-Texas residents have successfully used this against a Texas CA, and what the outcome was.

Naturally, I sent my letter to the TX CA w/o the TFC quoted (thought it didnt apply to me) so if others had success I will send the follow-up letter involking my potential right.

THanks!

Update:

Unifund is sticking like Glue.. the UW is supposed to call me back tomorrow. 60 day cure date is 5/25

Asset: Called UW for status, awaiting call 60 day cure is 5/25

Arrow: Need to call UW

Centex: If no response by next Friday, is ITS the next step?

Thanks

Update:

Unifund is sticking like Glue.. the UW is supposed to call me back tomorrow. 60 day cure date is 5/25

Asset: Called UW for status, awaiting call 60 day cure is 5/25

Arrow: Need to call UW

Centex: If no response by next Friday, is ITS the next step?

Thanks

IMHO next step should be to file then offer to settle.

Hey UT or anyone else, just so i understand this correctly, the UW is the "bonding company" of the CA? or is the UW something else alltogether? tia

UW is the underwriter. They are the company or person at the company who handles any claims against the bond of the CA. It is hoped that they will put pressure against the CA to delete.