A new CRA Maybe?

douginsea

The last post in this topic was posted 3400 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

the credit reporting agency they named was :

Advanced Resolution Services INC.

6111 Oak Tree Blvd

Suite 400

Independance, OH. 44131

Tel: 1800-392-8911

fax# 216-615-7642

i called and asked them who they are and if they are a reseller of the big 3 and she stated no.

that they keep track of INQ's declined and approved credit cards and applications, fraudulant accounts and cards etc etc.....

i tried to get more info on this place via the net and i'm coming up with nothing? anybody else know about this joint? sounds like it could be trouble for us all in the near future...

she stated if i wanted a copy of this file i have to do it in writing with copies of my DL and social. they sound kind of like a chexsystems for loans and credit cards or something...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOFA claimed i was declined based on to many INQ"S which i have bumped off on EQ i only have 2 on EQ right now.

they also pulled EQ as well. so whatever this joint is..is keeping track of INQs etc etc....

so whos goona call and get some more info on this one? i dont want to call again the lady that answered might place the voice.....

just call and say you were declined from BOFA and tehy said it was cause of them..

it states on my adverse action letter that the application was declined based on contents of "your credit file" as reported by this joint....with all the information i posted..

Edited by douginsea

BOFA claimed i was declined based on to many INQ"S which i have bumped off on EQ i only have 2 on EQ right now.

they also pulled EQ as well. so whatever this joint is..is keeping track of INQs etc etc....

so whos goona call and get some more info on this one? i dont want to call again the lady that answered might place the voice.....

just call and say you were declined from BOFA and tehy said it was cause of them..

Something smells here. A company that collects and saves information that the major CRAs have deleted? Is that what this is?

Something smells here. A company that collects and saves information that the major CRAs have deleted? Is that what this is?

thats what it sounds like shawnee..thats what she told me on the phone..

I believe Advanced Resolution Services is, or was, a subsidiary of Visa.

i cant find any info on this joint..and i'm not going to send them my personal info like my DL and social to get this supposed report they are maintaining.

this could spell trouble for "b" etc etc..and us app spree CW's...

so whos goona call again?:good: pump them for info..:yu:

Edited by douginsea

my point exactly. this cant be so. so do they also keep track of the negative itmes that have been deleted or that have fallen off due to age??? my god.

Did you record the call? I would love to have proof that they said this.

So what's next? Being declined for twenty year old BKs and fifteen year old COs?

this is all to familiar sounding. I applied with BOA for a secured card a couple months back, after having received an invite from them. I was declined and the letter indicated they pulled EX. I called for reconsideration and during the conversation the rep referenced a BK7 from 1993 which is absolutely not on my reports. When I asked her where she was getting that info she told me they have other sources. I pushed to find out what source and she wouldn't give it to me even when I pressed the issue that if they relied on the info for the decline I had to be aprised of who it was.

Did you record the call? I would love to have proof that they said this.

So what's next? Being declined for twenty year old BKs and fifteen year old COs?

I have a recording of this conversation. Give me a few minutes to locate and I'll post it.

I did a search under the ohio sec of state filings for corporations, and nothing came up, but Hoovers came up with a company with the same name in Summersville, SC

ETA: 2005 Visa annual report: (can I link?)

"Advanced Resolution Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation and

wholly-owned subsidiary of Visa U.S.A., was formed on June 30,

2005 to provide various fraud-prevention and security-related

services to Visa U.S.A. Members."

Is this the same?

Edited by jvf4812

this is all to familiar sounding. I applied with BOA for a secured card a couple months back, after having received an invite from them. I was declined and the letter indicated they pulled EX. I called for reconsideration and during the conversation the rep referenced a BK7 from 1993 which is absolutely not on my reports. When I asked her where she was getting that info she told me they have other sources. I pushed to find out what source and she wouldn't give it to me even when I pressed the issue that if they relied on the info for the decline I had to be aprised of who it was.

that mightbe L/N.

There is a company that was wholly-owned by either Visa or MasterCard, that did something similar to this and I believe Advanced might be them. They were not so much of a CRA as they were a very specialized data aggregator that collected personal type data only from issuers of Visa and MasterCard. :angry:

For example, you apply for credit and state that you work for XYZ Inc. and have been there for five years. Well, XYZ Inc. MAY or MAY NOT show up on your credit reports from the big three, but the credit grantor you applied with would report your employment info and othe key personal data to this "other" third party non-CRA type company. This database is designed to prevent financial fraud and uncover inconsistent/bogus personal info such as employment, income, marital status, etc. and to database key personal info such as addresses and phone numbers, including history!

So then if Joe Consumer goes to apply for a Visa with a different issuer and some of their personal info such as employment does not "match" or "correlate" with what this company has, then you have trouble. This data is used in conjunction with your big three CRA reports.

Here would be a classic example: Joe consumer applies for a Visa from Citi, states he work for XYZ Inc. and has been employed there for five years, now making $80K as a VP. Subsequent to this, XYZ Inc. gets acquired by Dude Inc. and Joe gets to remain with the firm but at a lower salary, say he went from $80K to $60K and is now a Manager, not a VP. A year later, Joe applies with BofA, states he has been with Dude Inc. for six years and makes $60K as a Manager.

Now BofA pulls a credit report on Joe and all looks good, but say an underwriter wants more info or is wonderding how Joe got those CL's on "only" a $60K salary. So BofA pulls report from this third party (Advanced Resoultion Services Inc. - Maybe?) and says wait a second, Joe claimed to be with another comapny last year and that he has been there five years and now he is claming to be with this new company for the last six years, etc. You get the point, but the CB community here needs to research this, I will make some calls and see what I discover. I may also have some info here from my CRA day's and will look.

I did a search under the ohio sec of state filings for corporations, and nothing came up, but Hoovers came up with a company with the same name in Summersville, SC

ETA: 2005 Visa annual report: (can I link?)

"Advanced Resolution Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation and

wholly-owned subsidiary of Visa U.S.A., was formed on June 30,

2005 to provide various fraud-prevention and security-related

services to Visa U.S.A. Members."

Is this the same?

BINGO! Jen you win the CB Prize today! :angry:

Ok, well....let's analyze this for a second....

If someone started a business, the business of which was to collect and report information the CRAs had been forced to delete by law, then wouldn't that business model qualify by definition as a CRA under the FCRA?

I think it would.

Once you establish that, then the new fake CRA would be forced to delete everything along the same timeline as the original CRAs.

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Personally, I think LN is cruising for a bruising as well, since that is essentially exactly what they are doing.

And yes, people are getting denied for 20yr old PRs all the time, thanks to LN.

The last post in this topic was posted 3400 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.