How often can we request CLI from HSBC?

smoovdowt

The last post in this topic was posted 5034 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Anyone know how long we should wait inbetween CLI requests with HSBC? Or wha the best way to make the request is? The button online says to call in...

Ha. I have an old HP Shopping account (underwritten by HSBC) and I NEVER use it. When I saw your thread, I thought, hey, I should see if there is an online CLI button that I can click. Sure enough. It just doubled my limit to $5000. Cool.

Still won't be using the card, but nice to know that HSBC doubled the limit.

OP, I don't know the answer to your question, by the way. I've never done an online CLI until today.

Thought I would update this. HSBC just doubled my limit again. I am now at $10,000. I used it a couple of times between March and today. Spent no more than $250 over the past 7 months.

marcus, is this on your store card, or SAKS MC?

This is on my HP Shopping card. Some time ago, back in the day, I bought a computer through HP. HSBC underwrites the credit for the HP account. So, this is the card I buy printer paper and HP printers with.

Anyone know how long we should wait inbetween CLI requests with HSBC? Or wha the best way to make the request is? The button online says to call in...

Ha. I have an old HP Shopping account (underwritten by HSBC) and I NEVER use it. When I saw your thread, I thought, hey, I should see if there is an online CLI button that I can click. Sure enough. It just doubled my limit to $5000. Cool.

OP, I don't know the answer to your question, by the way. I've never done an online CLI until today.

Thought I would update this. HSBC just doubled my limit again. I am now at $10,000. I used it a couple of times between March and today. Spent no more than $250 over the past 7 months.

This is on my HP Shopping card. Some time ago, back in the day, I bought a computer through HP. HSBC underwrites the credit for the HP account. So, this is the card I buy printer paper and HP printers with.

Got it. Congrats in the cli.

Got it. Congrats in the cli.

Thanks, BI1.

That'll buy a LOT of printer paper and HP printers. :blink:

That'll buy a LOT of printer paper and HP printers. :lol:

I agree. I probably don't need a $10K card with HP. But whatever. Get credit when you can -- not when you have to.

After reading this thread I checked with dh and he has had his HSBC card since early 05 and never has received a cli. We logged into his account and hit the button and it said that they may do a credit pull and then the next screen asked how much we wanted, what we were going to use it for :P and how much of it we were going to spend ;) ?!!!!!!! Are all their cli requests like this? He changed his mind after reading all that...Anyone else have an experience like this?

I just clicked the cli link for my HSBC platinum. I thought the questions were odd too. For reason I selected "other," and for the amount I'm going to spend, I said $100. I asked for and instantly received a $2k cli. No hard pull despite the warning. This is my 2nd cli from them; the first was a surprise about a month after I opened it, ~15 months ago.

• 6 months later...

Just updating this thread again. Like clockwork, my HP Shopping account (HSBC) got a CLI. I got another $4,000. Now at $14,000. Customers can click the CLI button every six months. Never a hard inquiry.

Just updating this thread again. Like clockwork, my HP Shopping account (HSBC) got a CLI. I got another $4,000. Now at $14,000. Customers can click the CLI button every six months. Never a hard inquiry.

Nice.

Nice.

By the way, you know Chase and Wamu are sorry when HP Shopping is giving me a higher limit.

Just sad.

Nice.

By the way, you know Chase and Wamu are sorry when HP Shopping is giving me a higher limit.

Just sad.

Anything hsbc is better than wamu...

I am glad I read this post I didn't know about the love button on HSBC. In 6 months we shall see.

I don't have any other HSBC accounts. Do all of the HSBC cards have a love button? I have the Hp Shopping account through HSBC. Got it a long time before I found CB.

Your SAKS MC and store accounts are HSBC...

I am glad I read this post I didn't know about the love button on HSBC. In 6 months we shall see.

I don't have any other HSBC accounts. Do all of the HSBC cards have a love button? I have the Hp Shopping account through HSBC. Got it a long time before I found CB.

Your SAKS MC and store accounts are HSBC...

Oh, yeah. :)

And no love buttons.

Edited by marcustx

The last post in this topic was posted 5034 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.