Sign in to follow this  
christy5022

? for when you don't have origianl creditor info.

I do not have the original creditor info.

The collection agency is calling and I found that they have also placed info on mt CRs.

Am I suppose to send them a VL(VA??) before I dispute with the CRAs?? I just started doing disputes and don't have them ready to send yet..

I do know the original creditor was a hospital and I think I have a couple things through collection agency's that use to belong to them.. But the hospital itself has not touched my CRs. In this case should I PFD???

I'm lost help ;) .

Edited by christy5022

The collection agency is calling and I found that they have also placed info on mt CRs.

Am I suppose to send them a VL(VA??) before I dispute with the CRAs?? I just started doing disputes and don't have them ready to send yet..

I do know the original creditor was a hospital and I think I have a couple things through collection agency's that use to belong to them.. But the hospital itself has not touched my CRs. In this case should I PFD???

I'm lost help :yahoo: .

You have a couple of threads going and I am confused as to whether this relates to any of your other questions or not.

If you are going to do the HIPAA Process, you cannot have any contact with the CA at all. How old are these debts? The point of the medical dispute letter is so that you can get the info you need to pay the OC.

What is a VL(VA?)?

From my experience with medical collections, the CA's were the only ones that reported on my CR not the OC.

The HIPAA Process is a slow process, but it has been the most effective in my situation. It is the method to use for removing medical collection without having to deal with the CA. As far as the PFD goes, I have no experience with that so I cannot advice on that.

I'm lost help :blink: .

You have a couple of threads going and I am confused as to whether this relates to any of your other questions or not.

If you are going to do the HIPAA Process, you cannot have any contact with the CA at all. How old are these debts? The point of the medical dispute letter is so that you can get the info you need to pay the OC.

What is a VL(VA?)?

From my experience with medical collections, the CA's were the only ones that reported on my CR not the OC.

The HIPAA Process is a slow process, but it has been the most effective in my situation. It is the method to use for removing medical collection without having to deal with the CA. As far as the PFD goes, I have no experience with that so I cannot advice on that.

Sorry 94, I thought adding this to one of my other threads might make it more confusing. But it looks like I'm just confusing all together. :blush2:

I couldn't remeber the intials for Validation letter.. I guess I should have just typed it out.. My brain hurts form all this.. :( , and I probably have made yours hurt by now :blush2:

Ok.. So what I need to do is just get my Pre-Hippa letters to the CRAs and then wait the 30 + 5 days before doing anything. Right?

I just basically do not do anything with the CAs during this time? Even if they are calling? I have no problem not answering the phone.. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right so it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt..

I promise once it really clicks, I won't have to ask so many ?s

Sorry 94, I thought adding this to one of my other threads might make it more confusing. But it looks like I'm just confusing all together. :blush2:

I couldn't remeber the intials for Validation letter.. I guess I should have just typed it out.. My brain hurts form all this.. :( , and I probably have made yours hurt by now :blush2:

Ok.. So what I need to do is just get my Pre-Hippa letters to the CRAs and then wait the 30 + 5 days before doing anything. Right?

I just basically do not do anything with the CAs during this time? Even if they are calling? I have no problem not answering the phone.. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right so it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt..

I promise once it really clicks, I won't have to ask so many ?s

There's no need to apologize, really. I just want to make sure that I am clear on what you are saying so that you can be given the best advice for your situation.

If you can ignore/avoid their calls do so. Talking to them won't do you any good, probably will leave you more confused and frustrated(CA's have a way having that affect on people).

The best thing to do is dispute your medical collection with the CRA's using the medical dispute letter. Wait for the FULL response(30+5 days). IF fully verified, then you would proceed to the HIPAA letter and applicable insert. It's very important to follow the directions that Whychat as outlined.

Btw, questions are fine. I have no problem answering them if I can.Try not to let the CA's calling unnerve you too much, just start out with the medical dispute letter to the CRA's.