Sign in to follow this  
OMyStarz

Cap1

https://cardfinder.capitalone.com/CapOne/findMyOffer.do

I tried it for myself and for SO...they offered me 2 cards each with an AF and offered SO a platinum (limited credit history).

I wonder if they pull soft and if this is a preapproval?

I don't want any Cap1 cards but SO needs something desperately....I had broken down and applied for him at Cap1 since all he can get is Spiegel and we're waiting on a response, however, he applied for the very card the selector offered him today so I'm hoping that it means he might get it.

I got the error as well but then went back to the credit card tab and clicked on find my card. I was offered the Platinum Max and No Hassles Cash Rewards. I cleared my cache and did this 3 times answering only the question "how would you rate your credit history?" differently each time and was offered the same 2 cards each time. :dntknw:

Just for fun, I did it, got this:

Dear SG:

We are pleased to present the Capital One® No Hassle CashSM Rewards card.

Based on the information you provided, here is a potential card for you. If approved, you will enjoy the great benefits listed below.

Click here to see other products, if this one is not right for you.

Variable purchase and balance transfer rate, currently 13.9%

No annual membership fee

1% cash back on all purchases; 25% cash back annually on your year's rewards

No limits on your earnings--let them pile up

No minimum to redeem for cash--redeem as soon as you like

No expiration of your earnings--for the life of your account

Credit limit up to $20,000â—Š (min $500)

Really like the (min $500) part. lol

I don't know, but it says, "Based on the information you provided."

Doesn't sound like a soft pull to me. Sounds like it is based, well, "on the information you provided."

Doesn't sound like a soft pull to me. Sounds like it is based, well, "on the information you provided."

Hmmm........but it does ask for the last 4 of your social, so wouldn't that indicate that they're looking at "something"? :yahoo:

Edited for spelling error

Edited by OMyStarz

Hmmm........but it does ask for the last 4 of your social, so wouldn't that indicate that they're looking at "something"? :yahoo:

I applied about 2 weeks ago and got my card last night (limit is only $500) and interest is around 14%. They pulled a hard on all 3 but I figure its another TL to add - better than Orchard or 1st Premier.

Hmmm........but it does ask for the last 4 of your social, so wouldn't that indicate that they're looking at "something"? :good:

I would think they must be looking at something. If it was solely based upon the information "I" provided I find it hard to beleive the selector would show I qualified for max and no hassle after choosing both limited credit and need improvement credit. I would think if the selector was solely based on the credit history selector that I entered it would have offered me something less desirable or with an AF rather than their better cards. But...I could be wrong!

Just wanted to update and let you all know that SO got the card yesterday in the mail with a $300 CL.

YAY! :rofl:

He really needed something - anything. I'll make sure he's extremely careful with it. He went out and bought a pair of Tennis shoes that he needed anyway.

Just wanted to update and let you all know that SO got the card yesterday in the mail with a $300 CL.

YAY! :grin:

He really needed something - anything. I'll make sure he's extremely careful with it. He went out and bought a pair of Tennis shoes that he needed anyway.

Congrats on the approval!!

Thanks! He was about to walk out the door and met the Mailman who handed him the mail. I was standing right behind him and SO handed the mail to me and Cap1 was right on top.

I did the old "bend the envelope" trick and there was definitely a card in there.

I told SO "you're not going anywhere until you activate this card!".

Unfortunately he let the rep talk him into the protection, but we'll fix that when I set up his online account. :cry2:

Thanks! He was about to walk out the door and met the Mailman who handed him the mail. I was standing right behind him and SO handed the mail to me and Cap1 was right on top.

I did the old "bend the envelope" trick and there was definitely a card in there.

I told SO "you're not going anywhere until you activate this card!".

Unfortunately he let the rep talk him into the protection, but we'll fix that when I set up his online account. :blush2:

so what were his ficos? and did you try it for yourself?

so what were his ficos? and did you try it for yourself?

I don't have his ficos...but he fakos are TU-627, EX-641, EQ-610. Cap1 pulled all 3.

I've had several Capital One accounts and closed them. When I try the card selector it offers me a credit limit comparable to what I previously had with them. I do think that they are looking at your history with them.

I've had several Capital One accounts and closed them. When I try the card selector it offers me a credit limit comparable to what I previously had with them. I do think that they are looking at your history with them.

This is SO's first major cc ever, other than that his first cc was a Spiegel he got last month.

YAY! :blush2:

Congrats!!!

I really like my cap1 right now! They act like they want my business. ( they gave me a CLI that I requested right around Christmas and then last week I logged in to my Cap1 online account and see that they have given me another CLI. This account has only been open since 10/06. The reps have been really great on the phone as well.

Congrats!!!

I really like my cap1 right now! They act like they want my business. ( they gave me a CLI that I requested right around Christmas and then last week I logged in to my Cap1 online account and see that they have given me another CLI. This account has only been open since 10/06. The reps have been really great on the phone as well.

Wow thanks, that's good to know!