My shoes smell like something died...

dixiedrifter

The last post in this topic was posted 1817 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Whoa, my tennis shoes stink... not just a little bit, but the whole room gets ripe while wearing them.

Is there any cure for this?

I been soaking them in a 5 gallon bucket with about 2 cups of bleach in it, but the smell doesn't every fully go away and comes back full force two weeks later...

Oddly enough, my last new pair I had I wore only new socks and had no problems for a month... then I started going back to my old socks and shoes and then my new pair of shoes got "infected".

I wish I had an autoclave...

foot odor is caused by a bacteria and fungus growth due to excessive sweating....I had two roomates college with this issue, it was extremely disturbing, and I had to transfer rooms because the smell would attach to clothes and other things. Check out this site for the greater good of all those around you....YOU STINK!

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Booksh...Books/16/87.cfm

My DH has the same problem. We tried everything. When I was about to throw out a $150 pair of boots, I tied this as a last resort - it works! You have to replace the litter every once in a while. I don't have time for fancy hand made sachets so I just used stockings/panty hose.

Dear Readers: If smelly shoes are a frequent problem in your house, I have a terrific solution for you. Here's an easy, inexpensive way to deal with stinky sneakers and shoes:

You can make your own odor eliminators with just a few items. You'll need some scrap fabric, a sewing machine and some cat litter.

Start by cutting several 6-inch-by-8-inch or larger rectangles out of scrap fabric to make these odor absorbers. Fold the rectangle in half and stitch up the sides to form a pocket that's open at the top.

Be sure to use a tight stitch, because your next step is to turn the pocket right-side out . . . and fill it about three-quarters full with clay cat litter. Then stitch the top closed.

You can slide these little odor sachets in your shoes when you store them. The litter will absorb both odors and moisture. -- Heloise

Maybe washing your feet would help !!!

:D

Comes from over sweating and bacteria forming, can be taken care of with a spray you can get a CVS that dries like a powder, cannot think of the name, but the pharmacy will know. If I get the name I will post it.

Also, if you are using a shower without the tub, use bleach to clean it well, if more then one person in the house is having the problem, it is coming from somewhere like your shower.

Well, I'm going to do the freeze-superheat cycle (put them into the deep freeze, then chunk in very hot water), followed up by bleaching for 4 hours in a bucket, followed by a good washing and drying over the furnace.... if that doesn't work, off to the pressure canner they go...

I swear I bet if I put them outside dogs would come over and roll on them.

Well, I'm going to do the freeze-superheat cycle (put them into the deep freeze, then chunk in very hot water), followed up by bleaching for 4 hours in a bucket, followed by a good washing and drying over the furnace.... if that doesn't work, off to the pressure canner they go...

I swear I bet if I put them outside dogs would come over and roll on them.

hopefully after all of that they will have disintegrated

OMG!! The same thing happened to my tennis shoes!! I had washed them and then just sat them

on my dryer to dry out. Put them on a few days later and when I took them off the stink from the

shoes and my feet would have stopped a skunk in it's tracks! You're right, like something had died. I practically had to soak my feet in bleach to get the smell out of my feet! I washed the shoes in bleach and then put them in the dryer instead of letting them air dry and they were fine, but boy that smell could kill!

i had a pair of "special" boots a couple months ago. i pulled them apart, gave them a liberal dose of febreeze every day for a week, while leaving them torn open with as much ventilation as possible. they're doin' fine to this day.

• 9 years later...

The last post in this topic was posted 1817 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.