djgrolyos

Penfed Visa Gold Approved

they love the "TD LTR WITH CB AND RESON CODE" as a denied.

It means not enough history with credit.

I was told it meant they are sending you a hard copy of the letter with credit beareau information, Equifax and reason for their denial as shown on loan status screen.

I had less than one year history and got approved for 2 cards, 5K and 17K. They asked me for recent paystubs. But I had been denied several times prior so maybe they like persistence :-)

Penfed does like history.

Besides being an egyptian, they love the "TD LTR WITH CB AND RESON CODE" as a denied.

It means not enough history with credit.

Penfed is good with recon though. Fax in the letter.

So I was thinking about getting a 0% BT card, and then I thought I just may look for just a good no fee card, and I love my Penfed so much.

Approved for 9K. Instant,

Hello dj144lyons,

Major Congrats! All I have is the Thrifty Credit Line attach with the checking account with them... I try for a credit line increase like a year ago they said no I try for the visa like a year ago and they said no so I am glad that you got one with them.... enjoy using it!

Kev

They have loved me since my first card. It took 4, yes 4, recon attempts to get my first card. I just refused to take no. Since then, I have been approved for 2 cards, TLOC, 2 Personal Loans, and a car loan. Most were instant. I think once you are in with them, you are in. I would keep trying and do not take no. LOL

Penfed really is top notch.

Yes they are...

Congrats on your approval. I still haven't applied for any new cards in 2007(only CLI), we'll see how long that lasts... :P

:)

Trev - you're too funny :lol: With the exception of the JFCU fiasco, I'm app free since August :)

Can't say it enough - Penfed is the best!!!

Im surprized you do not have the Visa Gold too. with your EQ, you most likely would get instant approval

With my 40K CL on the cash rewards, they would probably deny me. I bet I'm at their max...

I think their max is now 65K(used to be 55K). I have both the 40K visa and the 25K LOC..

I'm at the max for my income - although the LOC is somewhat tempting. Maybe another time. I really have no interest in applying for anything right now. (believe it or not :yahoo: )

That's a line of crap :)

I make 40k and they gave me a 40k card. IIRC your income is over double mine.

Actually I went for a 2nd Penfed card. Denied - told I'm at the max exposure of CC liability :)

Probably for the best - I'm on a roll of bad luck lately.

Actually I went for a 2nd Penfed card. Denied - told I'm at the max exposure of CC liability :blush2:

sorry.

Actually I went for a 2nd Penfed card. Denied - told I'm at the max exposure of CC liability :dntknw:

sg... you made me laugh when i read that.... i thought about your target app... oh laugh2.gif the credit game is crazy...

anyways... dont worry...you going to come back kickin' a$$ like like rutgers women on don imus 1173885449.gif

can some one give me a quick brief on penfed?

can you open an acct and apply for cc at once...say like tonight or tomorrow?

can the app be instant approval?

i read penfed like history..is one year Too Short?

I had less than one year of history when I was approved for PenFed. And it was instant. At that time I had a clean file.

Actually I went for a 2nd Penfed card. Denied - told I'm at the max exposure of CC liability :D

sg... you made me laugh when i read that.... i thought about your target app... oh laugh2.gif the credit game is crazy...

anyways... dont worry...you going to come back kickin' a$$ like like rutgers women on don imus 1173885449.gif

can some one give me a quick brief on penfed?

can you open an acct and apply for cc at once...say like tonight or tomorrow?

can the app be instant approval?

i read penfed like history..is one year Too Short?

forgot about this irksome penfed issue; I'm thinking about leaving penfed over it...

when a penfed CD matures and you have the balance transferred to a PENFED savings account the funds are suppressed for at least 6 days. that's a week where you can't earn a higher APY by opening a new CD or a week where you can't transfer out of the CU. WTF PENFED!!!

16 hours ago, hegemony said:

forgot about this irksome penfed issue; I'm thinking about leaving penfed over it...

when a penfed CD matures and you have the balance transferred to a PENFED savings account the funds are suppressed for at least 6 days. that's a week where you can't earn a higher APY by opening a new CD or a week where you can't transfer out of the CU. WTF PENFED!!!

My CD matures in December so I switched the option from transferring the balance to my PF savings  to my linked Wells Fargo account instead.   I'll post an update if it takes 6 days to make it there.  

1 hour ago, Allkindabroke said:

My CD matures in December so I switched the option from transferring the balance to my PF savings  to my linked Wells Fargo account instead.   I'll post an update if it takes 6 days to make it there.  

the CD in question had a balance much higher than my penfed ACH daily limit so I wasn't sure if it would work to transfer out at maturity. please let me know how it goes for you. :wave: