djgrolyos

Penfed Visa Gold Approved

So I was thinking about getting a 0% BT card, and then I thought I just may look for just a good no fee card, and I love my Penfed so much.

Approved for 9K. Instant,

COngrats Daniel.... with all of these good TLs, you should charge roomie a handsome fee to help him out of his UTILs issues

(joking of course)

:angel:;)

Well funny thing is, they just declined my CLI on my Cash Rewards, so I called to apply for a different card......only asked for the 9K, and it was instantly approved. Wonder if I should ask for more. LOL

Congrats!

I was wondering for awhile if you were able to apply for another Penfed card. Most here just seem to have one, the cash rewards card. I was thinking about applying for the gold as well, just to have a lower purchase APR card.

COngrats Daniel.... with all of these good TLs, you should charge roomie a handsome fee to help him out of his UTILs issues

(joking of course)

:angel:;)

LOL

I try, but he does not want it. I keep telling him things I would do different, but he just ignores me. We are going to apply for a mortgage soon. When a joint mortgage comes back with a bad score/rate, I am going to apply by myself. I think that may wake him up a bit.

Congrats!

I was wondering for awhile if you were able to apply for another Penfed card. Most here just seem to have one, the cash rewards card. I was thinking about applying for the gold as well, just to have a lower purchase APR card.

I think it will be nice to have both. They are both great cards.

So I was thinking about getting a 0% BT card, and then I thought I just may look for just a good no fee card, and I love my Penfed so much.

Hello dj144lyons,

Major Congrats! All I have is the Thrifty Credit Line attach with the checking account with them... I try for a credit line increase like a year ago they said no I try for the visa like a year ago and they said no so I am glad that you got one with them.... enjoy using it!

Kev

Hello dj144lyons,

Major Congrats! All I have is the Thrifty Credit Line attach with the checking account with them... I try for a credit line increase like a year ago they said no I try for the visa like a year ago and they said no so I am glad that you got one with them.... enjoy using it!

Kev

They have loved me since my first card. It took 4, yes 4, recon attempts to get my first card. I just refused to take no. Since then, I have been approved for 2 cards, TLOC, 2 Personal Loans, and a car loan. Most were instant. I think once you are in with them, you are in. I would keep trying and do not take no. LOL

Penfed really is top notch.

congrats on the approval! Weird though since they had just denied CLI... but take it!

Isnt that messed up?

Same thing happened to me with Amex last year. I was denied a CLI, but approved for a new card that same day (Since I knew the INQ would merge)

I just closed the new one right away, and combined them, so the same result happened in the end.

There must be a reason, I just do not know what it is.

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

They have loved me since my first card. It took 4, yes 4, recon attempts to get my first card. I just refused to take no. Since then, I have been approved for 2 cards, TLOC, 2 Personal Loans, and a car loan. Most were instant. I think once you are in with them, you are in. I would keep trying and do not take no. LOL

Yes they are...

Congrats on your approval. I still haven't applied for any new cards in 2007(only CLI), we'll see how long that lasts... :dntknw:

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

Congrats on your approval. I still haven't applied for any new cards in 2007(only CLI), we'll see how long that lasts... :dntknw:

Today was my first app in awhile. I did do a CLI with Patelco and Penfed though.

The better my credit is, the less I have the "itch" though.

Think I should press my luck and apply for the LOC now? LOL

Edited by dj144lyons

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

Congrats on your approval. I still haven't applied for any new cards in 2007(only CLI), we'll see how long that lasts... :)

:o

Trev - you're too funny :lol: With the exception of the JFCU fiasco, I'm app free since August :dntknw:

Can't say it enough - Penfed is the best!!!

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Hello Daniel,

Thank You for the encouragement for me to try again.... I know that they pull EFX the last time I apply for it... so if I decide to do it I will let you know what happens....

Kev

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

Congrats on your approval. I still haven't applied for any new cards in 2007(only CLI), we'll see how long that lasts... :)

:o

Trev - you're too funny :lol: With the exception of the JFCU fiasco, I'm app free since August :dntknw:

Im surprized you do not have the Visa Gold too. with your EQ, you most likely would get instant approval

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Hello Daniel,

Thank You for the encouragement for me to try again.... I know that they pull EFX the last time I apply for it... so if I decide to do it I will let you know what happens....

Kev

Please do let me know. Good Luck, and remember if they deny you, to fax a recon letter ASAP. Penfed is VERY receptive to recons.

Had to try like 4 different times to get my Penfed Cash Rewards card, but I absolutely love it! Shocking too how my approval was instant and no docs, when every other time I was just flat out denied.

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

Congrats on your approval. I still haven't applied for any new cards in 2007(only CLI), we'll see how long that lasts... :P

:good:

Trev - you're too funny :lol: With the exception of the JFCU fiasco, I'm app free since August :swoon:

Im surprized you do not have the Visa Gold too. with your EQ, you most likely would get instant approval

With my 40K CL on the cash rewards, they would probably deny me. I bet I'm at their max...

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

Congrats on your approval. I still haven't applied for any new cards in 2007(only CLI), we'll see how long that lasts... :P

Trev - you're too funny :lol: With the exception of the JFCU fiasco, I'm app free since August :swoon:

I won't use any non-rewards cards. The only ones I have are my original BofA platinum plus which gets used only once every 6 months and my 2 USAA cards (you know the story on those). I have a decent credit limit of 40K on the Penfed cash rewards and it's working for me... :P

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

With my 40K CL on the cash rewards, they would probably deny me. I bet I'm at their max...

I think their max is now 65K(used to be 55K). I have both the 40K visa and the 25K LOC..

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

Wow, that's good!

My last approval was the ESPN a little more than a month ago... :P

Hello dj144lyons,

Kev

Yes they are...

:lol:

Trev - you're too funny :P With the exception of the JFCU fiasco, I'm app free since August :swoon:

I think their max is now 65K(used to be 55K). I have both the 40K visa and the 25K LOC..

I'm at the max for my income - although the LOC is somewhat tempting. Maybe another time. I really have no interest in applying for anything right now. (believe it or not :good: )