Sign in to follow this  
belleama

ING Checking available now!

Does anyone know about those checks they send out? I'm considering using this as my main account, but I have to send a check to pay my horse boarding every month. I'm just concerned the owner would have trouble cashing it without a 'real' signature.

They resemble the type of check you'd get from an employer or the government. It shouldn't be a big deal, but you might want to inform the company that you're switching payment methods anyway.

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but ING closed both DH and my checking accts this morning. Based on....PULLING OUR CREDIT!!! WTH!?!?!

We both got a form email saying based on Equifax's credit score on us that they felt it was in our best interest and theirs to close the acct. They gave us 30days to move or change anything we needed to and already closed out the overdraft.

I've been with ING for years so this is beyond ridiculous! Esp since they flat out said no credit scores would be pulled for the acct!

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but ING closed both DH and my checking accts this morning. Based on....PULLING OUR CREDIT!!! WTH!?!?!

We both got a form email saying based on Equifax's credit score on us that they felt it was in our best interest and theirs to close the acct. They gave us 30days to move or change anything we needed to and already closed out the overdraft.

I've been with ING for years so this is beyond ridiculous! Esp since they flat out said no credit scores would be pulled for the acct!

theyve done that to quite a few people in the past two weeks. Im just waiting for my email.

I got mine closed by IN(dian) G(iver) Direct today.

My EQ report was pulled on 4-11-07 when it was a 617.

Moved all my bucks except .49 which they can put you know where.

-harv

Amazing that they are doing this... An initial pull could have prevented people being blindsighted and having their accounts closed without notice.

My account is still fine.

theyve done that to quite a few people in the past two weeks. Im just waiting for my email.

Man, that's messed up. If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious to know what negative item(s) was/were on your report....Any derogs? Otherwise, I don't see a legitimate reason for them closing your accounts...

Man, that's messed up. If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious to know what negative item(s) was/were on your report....Any derogs? Otherwise, I don't see a legitimate reason for them closing your accounts...

We both have several charged off accts and DH now has at least one judgement on his. BUT I just (literally a few mins ago) got an apology email on both accts from ING saying they were mistaken in closing our accts, we are valued customers, blah blah blah. So I wonder what is going on over there......

Dear Laura,

Customer Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On behalf of my colleagues at ING DIRECT, I wish to sincerely apologize for the email you received regarding the closure of your Electric Orange. Your checking account will not be closed as indicated in the email correspondence. Also, your overdraft line of credit will be active within 48 hours. You are a valued Customer and we encourage you to continue to use this account. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this mistake may have caused you.

If you have any questions, give us a call at

1-888-464-0727.

Jim Kelly

Chief Operating Officer

ING DIRECT

Out of curiosity, were the accounts that were closed the ones that had invitations or the accounts that were opened when "went public" with the checking accounts???

This is a SERIOUSLY messed up thing for ING to do. Hopefully it was just somebody doing something stupid, and will not be repeated.

I am offended that they were doing pulls when then said they were not going to. It's just wrong, and it has removed my temptation to open a checking account with them.

I opened my EO after it went public. I didn't get any private invitation to join.

I have used my OD though, and have been paying it back, but I think that this was the end of the line for me. I am done with them.

I will stick with my primary CU and my secondary CU for checking accounts. They treat me well, and I have had no problems thus far.

We both have several charged off accts and DH now has at least one judgement on his. BUT I just (literally a few mins ago) got an apology email on both accts from ING saying they were mistaken in closing our accts, we are valued customers, blah blah blah. So I wonder what is going on over there......

Wow, that's weird, I just opened an orange checking last week before I read about all the drama with them closing accounts. It's nice that they apologized though, and corrected their error, whatever the error was...

I just got my debit card in the mail today, and I've had a savings with them since 04, but I'll be watching my accounts/email like a hawk for awhile, lol...

After getting hit with multiple overdraft fees by 5th3rd in the past few days I'm looking for a new checking account. They managed to overdraft my account before things had even posted too it, and then when I deposited funds to cover it they charged enough in overdraft to re-bounce the account again the next day. Suffice it to say even though it was my error in calculations, I'm not interested in a bank charing me almost 300 dollars in fees on 35 dollars worth of charges.

All that rambling aside, how hard is it to get an electric orange account? I don't have an ING savings. I tried to look it up in credit pulls but didn't find much. Even if I didn't qualify for OD I would be ok. I'd rather have an account that denied a charge than allowed to rack up fees over and over again.

FYI I got an account and even got 165 OD (seems to be the minimum). Neither my wife nor I have very good credit history (multiple CO's and medical collections). I'm setting my my direct deposit as soon as the account is verified. Very happy to have found this, assuming I don't get AR'd. It will be nice to know that a $6 error won't end up costing me 200 in fees.