Sign in to follow this  
belleama

ING Checking available now!

Open in less than two minutes, $250 OD. :glare: Now if I could only get my paycheck direct deposited :glare:

My company doesn't do direct deposit either :glare:

And since I haven't used an OD since 1996, the amount means nothing to me. It doesn't report unless you use it so it's ok.

It seems as though with ING's OD, it doesn't even report if you DO use it.

And since I haven't used an OD since 1996, the amount means nothing to me. It doesn't report unless you use it so it's ok.

I'm confused. Why would anyone WANT their OD to report? Wouldn't you then be a huge red flag to all of your creditors that you are irresponsible and can't keep track of your own spending? :)

I'm confused. Why would anyone WANT their OD to report? Wouldn't you then be a huge red flag to all of your creditors that you are irresponsible and can't keep track of your own spending? :huh:

I *wouldn't* want it to report. However, my OD with my old checking account did report. It never reported as an "OD" account, more like an installment with high balance/payment amounts.

I basically use the EO acct to transfer money to other bank accounts I have for direct withdrawal of car loans, etc...

I don't know, maybe I work to hard on all this

I received mine after 6 business days

IIRC, it was sent from a local office. I had mine within a week of opening the account...

Did my first electronic check today. Shows as pending in my account right now. Obviously no float whatsoever, the second I hit submit my available funds went down. :blink:

Follow up email from ING to confirm the transaction. Could possibly result in a LOT of emails if I used this for main account.

Just got this email from my recipient:

"When I went to pick it up, it said it was no longer valid."

Glad I tested with a small amount.

Hmmmmmmm...any word from ING yet on what went wrong, SG?

No :grin:

I had to cancel and resend, it is still showing as pending. I'm glad this is not a bill.

No :good:

I had to cancel and resend, it is still showing as pending. I'm glad this is not a bill.

That sucks. I've set up some accounts for billpay, but haven't used it yet. I was hoping to use the electronic check to pay a small bill, but maybe not. :D

No :dntknw:

That sucks. I've set up some accounts for billpay, but haven't used it yet. I was hoping to use the electronic check to pay a small bill, but maybe not. :D

I figured this would be the easiest because it is actually a "transfer" from one persons ING to another. I'd advise trying this out with an "unimportant" bill first, not your mortgage or car payment.

Yikes.

I figured this would be the easiest because it is actually a "transfer" from one persons ING to another. I'd advise trying this out with an "unimportant" bill first, not your mortgage or car payment.

Yikes.

Wow, that's even more funky. You'd think that would be accomplished with the least amount of fuss or muss.

There was a report on Fatwallet (I think) of someone who sent a payment (physically mailed a check) and the recipient threw it out because it looked like junk mail.

So has anyone seen the checks they send?

There was a report on Fatwallet (I think) of someone who sent a payment (physically mailed a check) and the recipient threw it out because it looked like junk mail.

So has anyone seen the checks they send?

Haven't seen a physical check. The system is set up to fill out the info online on what resembles a check but I'm not sure it appears the same printed. ING does state that they will wire the money to the recipient(likely a business/bank) if at all possible "to save money".

No :D

That sucks. I've set up some accounts for billpay, but haven't used it yet. I was hoping to use the electronic check to pay a small bill, but maybe not. :rofl:

Yikes.

I experimented with mine by sending out 2 credit card payments long before they were due. Both went through without incident. Won't be paying my mortgage with it... :lol:

Edited by TrevorHere

I've done two electronic checks thus far...both used to "push" money into my Obopay account (as a quick and free method of funding the account). The first was successful without an issue, and the second I initiated today, but I anticipate no problems.

Like others, as of yesterday, I still hadn't received my debit card. I phoned them last night and they said that because of the extremely high demand, they were slightly behind but all cards have been issued and mine should arrive "any day." Since I'm out of town, my roommate has agreed to call me when it arrives.

I was going to pay our rent with the paper check method...maybe I'll have a chit chat with our landlords first and tell them what to expect so they don't throw it away!

I'll probably just chicken out and pay it out of our local CU account. :aggressive: