Sign in to follow this  
KYBOSH

How can I do a 1-2 Punch if Experian Refuses to dispute??

I have an old student loan that is already paid off.

Just got off the phone with experian customer service and they tell me that its been disputed twice already and the services (AES) refuses to change it.

Since they are the servicer and not the original creditor I want to do a 1-2 punch but cant because Experian wont dispute it for me (EX is the '2' in the 1-2).

What can i do?

Is the info that the servicer is sending inaccurate, and have they confirmed it, if so, I'd send an ITS to EX and force them to allow the dispute....

Is the info that the servicer is sending inaccurate, and have they confirmed it, if so, I'd send an ITS to EX and force them to allow the dispute....

Some are inaccurate. Such as balances and things like that. Some CAs is reporting pastdue, chargeoff and things like that. Some OC are reporting CO but not showing it as closed or a $0 balance when it has been sold off. A few of them are accurate I want to spin the wheel to see if they come off. But EX isn't let me. So even if I wanted to do a 1-2 punch on a pesky CA I cant. Because, if EX doesnt start an investigation, the CA can not report it as 'in dispute', not write me before they change the status (if they do mark it as disputed) and take their sweet time because they aren't pressed to get the info in within the 30 day period.... because I cant open an investigation.

I would love to send an ITS letter but from what I hear they are rarely effective until you serve them with papers. Am I wrong?

So basically about 5 of my 15 baddies are legit. But I want to dispute them all. I usually have a good success rate with disputes with 3 or more falling off at a time.

HELP

I tried disputing them last month and this month. I wrote a letter first (typed) and got an already investigated response. Then I responded with a handwritten letter telling them the TL was wrong and it was removed when another CRA investigated. Got the same response. Then I called them up and got the exact same answer. Very frustrating.

Any Advise?

I managed to keep a tax lien in dispute for almost 3 years constantly with Experian, Until I finally got it to dissappear.

In my case I always managed to dispute for a specific different reason.

Although they may have previously investigated, they did NOT previously investigate the current portion/reason I was disputing.

Experian is extremely difficult to deal with when it comes to correcting errors on your report. Good luck. I'm having quite a time trying to get two totally incorrect entries removed for DH. Despite the fact that I even sent in proof, they still haven't done anything. I posted a question about ITS to EX last week but it was totally ignored. even after two bumps. Maybe no one has an answer as to what to do about EX. They are ridiculous!

I agree with Marv. You have to change the reason for disputing. If you've disputed a balance before, dispute the dates next time. If you use a different reason for the dispute each time, they can't claim that dispute was previously verified if it wasn't ever disputed.

Thank you soooo much you all. I will do exactly that. Now I just have to remember how disputed each TL. LOL

Think I will call them and and ask what they were.

plus, if the furnisher is the one that is reporting KNOWN inaccurate data, you can go through them...

basically tell the furnisher "Hey, you're reporting this information inaccurately. You KNOW that it's inaccurate, you've verified it with EX. The time for you to correct it is LONG past. Delete it now"

Sigh.........

I just got 4 (FOUR) 'already investigated' letters from Experian as I attempted to do my 1-2 punch. I took everyone's advise and used different reasons than I used before. The instantly rejected them. These were hand written letters and all!

I think the 1-2 punch is dead ppl.

It's not!! Were the previous investigations online or by mail as well? Also, you need to include 'new evidence' when you're disputing the same account multiple times. This can be copies of previous letters to them, copies of 'un-answered' letters to CA's or OC's, etc.

Its not dead though. You just have to be creative in getting the CRA to investigate.

Experian is extremely difficult to deal with when it comes to correcting errors on your report. Good luck. I'm having quite a time trying to get two totally incorrect entries removed for DH. Despite the fact that I even sent in proof, they still haven't done anything. I posted a question about ITS to EX last week but it was totally ignored. even after two bumps. Maybe no one has an answer as to what to do about EX. They are ridiculous!

ITA ! Dh has a paid judgement that only shows unpaid on EX and everytime I dispute it with them they send a letter saying it's been verified. They also happen to be the only CRA that dh still has 10 baddies left on -- I've diputed 98% of those off of the other two CRA's, but EX won't budge :D I feel your frustration, believe me :grin: Good Luck

ITA ! Dh has a paid judgement that only shows unpaid on EX and everytime I dispute it with them they send a letter saying it's been verified. They also happen to be the only CRA that dh still has 10 baddies left on -- I've diputed 98% of those off of the other two CRA's, but EX won't budge :dntknw: I feel your frustration, believe me :( Good Luck

Did the suing attny ever file a satisfaction of judgment with the courts? In the event that you haven't, you should try sending a copy of that to EX, along with copies of the previous requests.

Experian likes to put the "Kybosh" on disputes after awhile, if disputing the same tradeline. In my case they will not investigate the last two derogs I have on my reports. Even though one is a clear FCRA violation (Reporting before it even opened) and they just laugh at me and tell me its verified and accurate.

Does anyone know if taking some time between disputes will eliminate the "previously verified" element?

If you give it say 90 days between the time they last answered you and a new dispute, for instance, will they then accept the dispute again?

I have had the same problem (with them refusing to investigate on the "previously verified" grounds) and have been working hard on my reports but have been wondering all around if I need to take a three month break before diving back in?

FWIW i got the same thing from them online...not a letter yet. im going to dispute my last 3 and add a DV letter i sent to the CA, which has only 2 days left for 30 days, and also send a screen shot with what i think i wrong circled in red.( 1 months terms and credit limit on collection account )

....i mean, it can't hurt at this point.

I have just finished my second round of disputes with EXP, I was able to go from 22 down to 9 baddies with them. I can not longer dispute online, time to put the pen to the paper and demand additonal investigations.

I read somewhere (I think in a Sassy, the fcra requirements for disputes)..

Good luck.

After you have proof of your diputes, you may have to file Small Claims, against all of them.

Edited by edm

Here is an other suggestion for now: File separate BBB complaints against EX, Original Creditor and Service Agent-at least you will get more attention and likely more info and corrections.

i sent in a PR about 2wks ago as a first step. doubt it will have any effect but it will add to the paper trail.

BBB was my next thought although i was thinking of hitting the CA with that..they'll be getting a 3rd and final letter sent to them around the first.

sorry to hi-jack..i figure the more info the better for everyone.