All CB success stories please read!

shaquita025

The last post in this topic was posted 5519 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I read a lot of success stories from folks here who have had FICO score jumps of 200+ points in 6 mos. I don't think that I expected that kind of quick success since I basically have every kind of negative credit a person can have, except BK or Judgement. But going into 2007 I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. My FICO's are TU 560 EX 544 and EQ 533. Which is an 80-100 point jump on TU and EX from 8/05, EQ was actually higher before I started repairing.

I have 4 CA's lingering, 2 of which will fall off by Mar 07, 1 that I will redispute and 1 Med Coll that just showed up this year that I'm currently working on. I have 4 Crap One monthly reporting nightmares currently being worked, 1 repo that I attempted to have removed but in the end Fairlane zeroed the deficiency balance and no attorney would take up my cause (not enough money in it for them), some Sallie Mae 90 and 120 day lates (3 years old or more), a First Premier CO from 2002 (they actually sent me statements), 2 Providian/Wamu CO's (they also sent me statements) and HSBC CO (haven't tried to dispute yet) and 1 paid utility CO still showing a balance on EQ and EX.

I'm continuing to follow the advice given on this board carefully and modifying it when need be but I feel like I'm in a rut. Every dispute I send lately is verified, and I haven't had a deletion in months (probably due to Oscar) and while I have been able to open some new accounts I'm still not getting the scores that I really need. I think that Experian has it out for me personally.

All of this will be moot in 2009 but I don't want to wait unitil then to have good credit. I feel like I have to be missing something.

Input please <_<

When i started repairing my credit it was a slow and long process. Payed down balances , never missed a payment but my scores would only increase a couple points. Then i had about 3 or 4 negatives drop off my reports and thats when my score shot up and currently i have only 1 neg on all 3 reports. My advice try somehow and stay persistent in trying to get negatives removed. Most of my bad TL came back verified so i just kept calling and bugging the hell out of them until they dropped off.

Keep your head up and good luck.

Persistence is a must!!! And think outside the box. Most of what's discussed here has been tried by MANY people for MANY years. The other side is cathcing on and making it harder. You have to sometimes pave your own path. Combine tactics, formulate your own 'form' letter. Just don't stop!!

You have lots of negatives though. Maybe, just maybe you may want to fght a few at a time. That way you can give them the time and attention each TL deserves. You may get burned out real fast.

what are you doing to address the other half of credit repair?

The other half? Rebuilding? I've opened, used and paid off my Crown Jewelers acct. I have an Orchard Secured which I usually keep pretty low, I have an unsecured LOC but it's maxxed at the moment(working on paying that down), I consolidated my SL's (new TL with perfect payment history), and I have a Jareds card (new)

Edited by shaquita025

Persistence is a must!!! And think outside the box. Most of what's discussed here has been tried by MANY people for MANY years. The other side is cathcing on and making it harder. You have to sometimes pave your own path. Combine tactics, formulate your own 'form' letter. Just don't stop!!

You have lots of negatives though. Maybe, just maybe you may want to fght a few at a time. That way you can give them the time and attention each TL deserves. You may get burned out real fast.

Part of my original plan was to do a few at a time, which morphed into me tackling all my CA's first, those were actually pretty easy in retrospect because they never follow the rules. Now I'm turning my attention to OC's. I will keep it up though I know that the rewards are great!

When i started repairing my credit it was a slow and long process. Payed down balances , never missed a payment but my scores would only increase a couple points. Then i had about 3 or 4 negatives drop off my reports and thats when my score shot up and currently i have only 1 neg on all 3 reports. My advice try somehow and stay persistent in trying to get negatives removed. Most of my bad TL came back verified so i just kept calling and bugging the hell out of them until they dropped off.

Keep your head up and good luck.

Thanks for the kind words. I am defininitely forced to find patience that I never knew I had.

The other half?

Adding new credit.

Tools

I've opened, used and paid off my Crown Jewelers acct. I have an Orchard Secured(july 05) which I usually keep pretty low, I have an unsecured LOC (march 06) but it's maxxed at the moment(working on paying that down), I consolidated my SL's (Jan 06), and I have a Jareds card (12/06). And, of course all perfect payments.

The other half?

Adding new credit.

Tools

I've opened, used and paid off my Crown Jewelers acct. I have an Orchard Secured(july 05) which I usually keep pretty low, I have an unsecured LOC (march 06) but it's maxxed at the moment(working on paying that down), I consolidated my SL's (Jan 06), and I have a Jareds card (12/06). And, of course all perfect payments.

The maxed LOC and only having 1 card that is more than a year old is contributing to your low scores. When they age a bit more you will see increases as a result. Getting that maxed LOC paid down will also help. I tried to stick to a plan and get new TLs in clusters (6 months to a year apart) so that they would age together and the inqs would b together as well.

I agree with the suggestion to break down your disputes into smaller groups as well, maybe develop a sort of cycle which will keep you busy repairing while you're killing time in between disputes.

You seem to be doing everything OK, it does take time at first, though, so just hang in there! (and pay down that LOC as priority # 1)

:D

The last post in this topic was posted 5519 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.