Crap One...Please Critique My Letter

shaquita025

The last post in this topic was posted 5618 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ok so I disputed Crap One with the CRA's and all verified of course. I wrote to Crap One and on the 28th day of their 30 days they send out a form letter requesting all sorts of ridiculous information from me. I find this crazy since they certainly didn't have a problem verifying these accounts and I provided full account numbers in my correspondence to them, anyway here is my response to them compiled from several different letters used by myself and other wonderful CB members. What do you guys think? Anything I should change?

Shaquita025

200 Anywhere St.

New Orleans, LA 00000

Capital One

15000 Capital One Dr.

Richmond, VA 23238-1119

Date: December 6, 2006

CMRRR# 7006 2034 0001 2443 2175

Re: Acct #’s XXXX XXXX XXXX 7606

XXXX XXXX XXXX 4235

XXXX XXXX XXXX 1975

XXXX XXXX XXXX 5617

SS# XXX-XX-XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

On October 4, 2006 I sent you a letter requesting verification of the information that you are reporting to Transunion, Equifax, and Experian about the above referenced accounts. In response you sent me a computer generated form requesting more information in order to process my request. I have provided you with the account numbers that you are reporting and have included my social security number in this letter.

In August of 2006 I received dispute results from Transunion, Equifax, and Experian and not only did you verify all of the information being reported, but you also “updated†these tradelines. Obviously, you do not need me to provide you with additional information because the verification that I am requesting is readily at your fingertips, based on the timely verification that you did with Transunion, Equifax and Experian.

I would like to remind you that you are now in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

You are inaccurately and incompletely furnishing negative information regarding the above-referenced accounts to the major Credit Reporting Agencies in violation of the reporting requirements of the FCRA, Section 623, Responsibilities of Furnishers of Information, and for which you are responsible.

I dispute your information in its entirety and request evidentiary documentation that substantiates ALL of the information you have furnished and its reporting, including the required commencement of delinquency date, as verification of the information you have provided and its present reporting.

I will state again that you are required to provide me with evidentiary proof of all the information you are currently reporting on all three of my credit bureau reports. You are required to provide this information within 30 days. You have now surpassed the 30 day time limit and you have failed to mark these accounts in dispute with Transunion, Equifax and Experian, which is also a requirement of the FCRA. These actions constitute an unfair or deceptive act or practice in commerce in violation of section 5(a) of the Federal Trade Commission Act 15 U.S.C. 45(a).

For your benefit and as a gesture of my goodwill, I have enclosed the FTC’s required informational disclosure entitled “Credit Reports: What Furnishers Need To Know,†which defines and clarifies your responsibilities and potential liability as an Information Furnisher.

Should you not be able or willing to provide me with the substantiating documentation as verification of the present reporting, to cure these violations, within the next 10 days, please have the information deleted from each of the Credit Reporting Agencies (Transunion, Experian and Equifax) you have furnished it to as required.

Should you again fail to fulfill your mandated duties and responsibilities, I will have no other recourse but to consider bringing legal action against Capital One for its continued non-compliance and violation of the FCRA, under which is provided an individual cause of action for enforcing its provisions.

Sincerely,

Shaquita025

• 3 weeks later...

Update....I just got a letter from Crap One in response to the above. It states that they are enclosing statements on one of the accounts for the period of Oct 2002-Dec 2002, and that the account was charged off on Dec 16, 2002.

I'm assuming that a response relating to the other three accounts is forthcoming.

But here is my question, why not address the all important DOLA? These statements cover three months before charge off, but the DOLA listed on my reports is 5/02, that's not addressed in this information but is a part of the tradeline.

Any thoughts? Maybe I'm getting some ammunition to fight back?

The last post in this topic was posted 5618 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.