Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

For those of you who have credit cards with Orchard bank....

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Hi I love reading what you people post on this board. I like to see what kind of cc people can get approved for and hope one day I can get the huge credit lines like some of you have. but anyway after i filed bk all I have are sub prime cards and cap 1. Orchard bank were the first two I got. I like the card and then again I don't. since I have had huge balances on them they raised my interest from 14.99% on one to 27% on my platinum card, after january and feb of next year I'll have them for a year and still no credit increase. I would like to get them palid off and clsoe them but with such little credit history I don't want to do that. what are your people's thoughts? oh on both cards my credit line is only $300. but it's a start.

I wouldnt say satisfied but after a year they did combine my two cards into one, and I know have a 1100 credit limit.

Not the best but surely not the worse

No, I am not satisfied with them and judging by your rate jacking, you may want to weigh other options, the last three times I have called their CS, its been nothing but two stepping and no real answers to questions I have. I asked about a CLI after 6 months, I was basically told they cant guarantee a CLI, I have read where people wont get one even after a year, some people have paid for a CLI, no thanks, Orchard is going to be sitting in my sock drawer and when the AF comes up next year they will either waive it or the account is getting closed and Crap One will probably be next on my s*** list. I wouldnt lemonade on Orchard if they were on fire but thats just me.

I wouldnt say satisfied but after a year they did combine my two cards into one, and I know have a 1100 credit limit.

How were you able to combine your two cards? because I have the silver and platinum. one is a visa and the other is a master card. I would love to cut my credit card from 4 down to 3.

Guest CinciJeff

I've had them almost (3) years now. As far as sub-primes go I think they are probably the best out there.

I don't keep any balances on mine at all, I'll get gas or something every 2-3 Months to keep it. I've always pay my bill in full even before the statement...I don't want them to report a balance to the CRA's. When I

use to mail my payment it seemed like it took forever to post (some say they hold payments). They also have a fee of $29 a year...my next one will be due next May or June, if they didn't have that I might keep them.

Things I like about them:

The report to all (3) CRA's

They raise my credit limit every (6) Month's, I started with like $1500 it's $2700 I think now.

They helped me when I needed them...I'm kinda loyal

I should close them and I probably will in the next few Month's

I started in Feburary with a $200 Orchard secured card, my credit was shot and they took a chance with me. I used it the first couple of months while I was fixing my credit. Once I got some other cards I stopped using it. I've since opened ALOT of cards and they haven't jacked my rate or took any action, maybe since it's secured. While some around here put them down, I won't, cause to me they are the ones I thank for helping to get back into creditors good graces.

How were you able to combine your two cards? because I have the silver and platinum. one is a visa and the other is a master card. I would love to cut my credit card from 4 down to 3.

I just called and asked told them I would close both because I was tired of carrying to cards and two annual fees they said no problem, mailed out some paperwork asking which account did I want to keep and which one should get closed took like a month in total wait time.

I'm not too happy with them right now. I just got the bill today and it mentions I would be charged the annual fee, on a 350 secured CL!

I'm debating closing it, b/c I have had it for a year, and I think it served its purpose. Plus, I read that you don't get the deposit back unless you close (can anybody confirm this by the way?)

I am not happy with mine- I have a secured card- has 35$ annual fee- and it was supposed to unsecure at 18 months but has never- will be cancelling before the annual fee is charged in January-

I also was rate jacked from 19% (bad enough) to 29% because my score was not within their "guidelines" but the funny thing was and this is why I am closing it- I had a NEGATIVE score when I got it- no positives- only judgements and cas. But now that I have over 600 on all scores it's not up to part for their already subprime interest.

I also am not happy with their reporting- if I have a zero balance they don't like to report it- if I owe $5 they will report but if I owe 0 they won't.

Its a GREAT rebuilding card- its serves its purpose and is better then some of the other predators but I am through with it.

Orchard is my oldest card at 3 yrs. I started at $300 and am now at $1400. The only problem I have with them now is their annual fee although they did waive 1/2 of it. I will probably keep the card a little longer especially if they are willing to waive the fee when it is due in Aug. since it is my oldest acct.

I'm sort of mid road with them. I have $300 credit line and appreciate that I could get it a year ago. I've never missed a payment, have pif and have made monthly payments higher than the minimum with no CLI increase. They said I could see about when if I allowed a hard inquiry and I asked why they couldn't just base it on my history with them. I didn't get an answer. I'll keep it due to needing age in my file, but we will see what the next year or two bring. :blush:

Hi I love reading what you people post on this board. I like to see what kind of cc people can get approved for and hope one day I can get the huge credit lines like some of you have. but anyway after i filed bk all I have are sub prime cards and cap 1. Orchard bank were the first two I got. I like the card and then again I don't. since I have had huge balances on them they raised my interest from 14.99% on one to 27% on my platinum card, after january and feb of next year I'll have them for a year and still no credit increase. I would like to get them palid off and clsoe them but with such little credit history I don't want to do that. what are your people's thoughts? oh on both cards my credit line is only $300. but it's a start.

Well, after CJ, Orchard was the first card I opened during my credit repair journey and I'm grateful. But, I'm now in prime country..(AMEX, Chase) Unless they waive my fee coming up in Dec, I will probably close it but since I PIF every month I really can't say anything bad about them.

I'm fairly happy with them. I have better cards now, but at the time they helped me get by when I was between jobs and helped me establish credit. Without them and Aspire I would not have been able to rent cars and book hotels without large deposits.

The only thing I dont like is they dont unsecure there card when they say they will. Its sock drawered but I'll keep it until they drop me for having better cards.

Spoonie

Are you allow to load/add to the secured credit card in order to increase your limit?

ie if u start off with $400

u want to add $400 at a later time and u want to create a $800 line

will orchard bank allow that?

also do you get interest on the saving account in order to secure the card?

I had Orchard from Oct 04 until April 06. Initial cl was 750 and ended 750.

The card served its purpose; the rebuilding of credit history. I probably woulnt

have closed Orchard however no cl in 18 months wasnt acceptable.

When I closed Orchard in April other cl's on prime cards averaged 5k to 16k. Orchard

lead the way to prime cards. Orchard was a great rebuilder that should have turned into

something better.

Best of luck to everyone in the process of rebuilding their credit.

how long does it take to get a response on the average... and how long does it take to get the card?

Errrrr i need that card pronto!!!

how long does it take to get a response on the average... and how long does it take to get the card?

Errrrr i need that card pronto!!!

I think I got a response in a few days and it took 1-2 weeks to get it.

I've had an Orchard secured card for nearly 3 years now. Not once have I been offered "graduation" to an unsecured card. I've never been late and have much better scores now than when I got the card. The only reason I'm keeping it open, is that it's once of my older TLs. My card has an expiration date coming up in Feb. We'll see what happens. I'm NOT paying an annual fee this year.

I have a MC and a Visa from them, both of which are unsecured. I am happy in a sense that I am somewhat rebuilding and dont mind the fees. I dont know if having two accounts with them is better than having just one. Both accounts have a CL of 250.

Anyhow if anyone has any advice on who else to apply to let me know. TY

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.