Bible-carrying teen dies after stun gun shot

Marty716

The last post in this topic was posted 5935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Actually I'm quite proud of everyone in this thread!

6 pages of a story that involves the hint of politics and religion and you've all stayed on course pretty well!

I'm impressed! :(

The Bible was irrelevant to the story, and the police Tazering someone who was beligerant and resiting arrest is hardly political.

That isn't the point Fallon, it's the opportunity to use these two subjects here.

As much as I hate some words, it's like George says "Boogers are political" !

Many threads on this board that start off with no religious or political relevance, end up getting locked because someone twisted it in that direction.

If I'd been a part of this thread, I'd be proud of me to!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think this thread is getting ridiculous?

It was ridiculous when cops MURDERED another American citizen, a kid. It was ridiculous when people actually defended rouge cops torturing and murdering an innocent kid.

I think we should send all these cops overseas to hunt, torture, and kill terrorists and bin laden. Thats all they seem to know how to do.

Can I have some of whatever you are smoking? Please? :(

I take it you think its alright for cops to murder?

It wasn't self-defense. The cops attacked him. Furthermore, they murdered him when he resisted. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

So the real argument is: IS IT OK FOR SOME PUNK WHO MAKES $28K/YR AND WEARS A LOADED WEAPON TO MURDER PEOPLE WHO DON'T LISTEN TO HIM? :)

Actually I'm quite proud of everyone in this thread!

6 pages of a story that involves the hint of politics and religion and you've all stayed on course pretty well!

I'm impressed! :(

The Bible was irrelevant to the story, and the police Tazering someone who was beligerant and resiting arrest is hardly political.

That isn't the point Fallon, it's the opportunity to use these two subjects here.

As much as I hate some words, it's like George says "Boogers are political" !

Many threads on this board that start off with no religious or political relevance, end up getting locked because someone twisted it in that direction.

If I'd been a part of this thread, I'd be proud of me to!

When I posted this I never thought it would go on this long.

It wasn't self-defense. The cops attacked him. Furthermore, they murdered him when he resisted. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

So the real argument is: IS IT OK FOR SOME PUNK WHO MAKES $28K/YR AND WEARS A LOADED WEAPON TO MURDER PEOPLE WHO DON'T LISTEN TO HIM? :P

were you born a moron or is this a talent you developed after birth?

gotrythis7hd.jpg

Edited by hlburi

It was ridiculous when cops MURDERED another American citizen, a kid. It was ridiculous when people actually defended rouge cops torturing and murdering an innocent kid.

I think we should send all these cops overseas to hunt, torture, and kill terrorists and bin laden. Thats all they seem to know how to do.

Can I have some of whatever you are smoking? Please? :P

So the real argument is: IS IT OK FOR SOME PUNK WHO MAKES $28K/YR AND WEARS A LOADED WEAPON TO MURDER PEOPLE WHO DON'T LISTEN TO HIM? :rofl:

Again may I have some of whatever you are smoking? Or perhaps could you point me in the direction of your planet? Seems life must be pretty good there if cops are the bad guys and the bad guys are good guys. More good guys less bad guys couldn't be bad could it? :rofl:

So the real argument is: IS IT OK FOR SOME PUNK WHO MAKES $28K/YR AND WEARS A LOADED WEAPON TO MURDER PEOPLE WHO DON'T LISTEN TO HIM? :P

were you born a moron or is this a talent you developed after birth?

gotrythis7hd.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No kidding! This has started a FIRESTORM of controversy. :rofl:

People just don't know when to hush. :P It's pointless arguing to change someone's thoughts and opinions.

People just don't know when to hush. :P It's pointless arguing to change someone's thoughts and opinions.

What do they call it? A Mexican standoff? :rofl:

What do they call it? A Mexican standoff? :rofl:

Huh? :rofl:

I didn't think it was about 'tazering.' I thought it was about 'murder.' RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!

Wow, I'm sorry I totally missed the article where they'd already be tried and convicted of murder, and disciplined by the department to boot.

:P 'Da Hell???? :rofl:

I am no longer bored.........

My first thought after reading this article was:

He wanted Jesus? He got his wish!

My thought after reading this entire thread (when I *should* be working!) was:

Why don't we pick a state - a mid-sized state, like Iowa, or Kansas - and put a BIG fence around it. Everyone who feels that cops are evil bullies who go out every shift hoping to kill someone can go live there, and there will be NO police in this state.

AND - they have to live there for a year before they can apply to live in a state that does have police.

I think the police would get a lot of respect after that.

My first thought after reading this article was:

He wanted Jesus? He got his wish!

My thought after reading this entire thread (when I *should* be working!) was:

Why don't we pick a state - a mid-sized state, like Iowa, or Kansas - and put a BIG fence around it. Everyone who feels that cops are evil bullies who go out every shift hoping to kill someone can go live there, and there will be NO police in this state.

AND - they have to live there for a year before they can apply to live in a state that does have police.

I think the police would get a lot of respect after that.

:rofl::rofl::P:rofl: Many of these people would not be nearly so brazen in their day-to-day lives.

He was not stunned because he was yelling Jesus; he was stunned for not complying with the officer’s directions.

Bottom line is he was not obeying the Police officers.

If a cop tells you to do something, then do it.

If you get stun gunned, then too damn bad…you should have listened.

Obey the law and you won’t get hurt.

What if the cop tells you to shoot your neighbor...are you going to do it?

that's not a lawful order...however, the police in this case (from what we've been told) DID give a lawful order...the person disobeyed it...and people have to accept the consequences of their actions in any free society

Excuse me, but some of you are wacked:

"Police tried to calm the teen, but Holyfield became combative, according to the statement. Officers fired the stun gun at him after he ignored their warnings, then fired again when he continued struggling, police said.

Holyfield was flown to St. Louis' Cardinal Glennon Hospital after the confrontation Saturday; he died there Sunday, police said.

An autopsy was planned for Tuesday.

The statement expressed sympathy to Holyfield's family but said city and police officials would not discuss the matter further."

If a GANG of rouge cops try to calm you, hint: run away as fast as you can!!! Anyone here (with a sane mind) understand why the COPS will not discuss the matter further????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

BECAUSE ITS MURDER!!

Excuse me, but some of you are wacked:

"Police tried to calm the teen, but Holyfield became combative, according to the statement. Officers fired the stun gun at him after he ignored their warnings, then fired again when he continued struggling, police said.

Holyfield was flown to St. Louis' Cardinal Glennon Hospital after the confrontation Saturday; he died there Sunday, police said.

An autopsy was planned for Tuesday.

The statement expressed sympathy to Holyfield's family but said city and police officials would not discuss the matter further."

If a GANG of rouge cops try to calm you, hint: run away as fast as you can!!! Anyone here (with a sane mind) understand why the COPS will not discuss the matter further????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

BECAUSE ITS MURDER!!

you're right...

the police should have just let him be...let him endanger others in the neighborhood...

but then, if the kid had pulled a gun and shot up a school, you'd be asking where the police were to stop it...

case (and thread) closed

sorry everyone...but one person spoiled it all...

Edited by pryan67

The last post in this topic was posted 5935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.