Home Depot Pre-Approval, for real

The last post in this topic was posted 5221 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I received a home depot pre-approval for their credit card. It says you are pre-approved and can accept the card 3 ways. In store, send in the pre-approval or call. Is this for real or just a come on to apply. The card will be issued by Citibank. In the fine print at the bottom it also says "if approved."

A family member got one last fall ... called in and was told his account was ready to use in the store...

I received one last week, applied online, and was told would receive a decision within 10 days. :rolleyes:

So yes ... it is for real ... but maybe not!

Got a commercial offer in the mail about four months ago for a 2500 CL. Forgot about it and time had expired to reply. Called CS and asked if the offer was still good and she said yes and to just go to the store. I did and there was a problem with the app and she gave me a printout to call CS. I did when I got home and they told me approved. I have read threads that it is better to apply at the store, but I got lucky on the phone.

I got the pre-approval letter too...for up to $5K. Applied online, given number to call in, answered additional questions, approved for $500, asked for $800 (too scared to ask for more), got the increase, went to HD for washer/dryer set, had salesperson call for another CLI, asked for $3K (at that point, what the heck), approved!! Purchased my GE Harmony Profile washer and dryer. I think I should have asked for the original $5K I was preapproved for, but will ask for it in a couple months. I just purchased my condo over a month ago so this card has and will come in very handy for me.

Don't be scared, just DO it! ;)

Yes, I rec the preapproval a few months ago. I decided to apply and was approve for $2000. The offer was $400.00 orginial but the customer rep ask me do i need additional limit. So she put me on hold and said you are approve for $2000.00 I was shocked.

Edited by novaboy

Hubby got a preapproval the other day and we applied so I'll post here once we find out. I saw the inq on his CR show up - but no account listing yet...and no card in the mail yet...

He has 5 or 6 derogs on his acct, so we'll see if preapproved really means preapproved :warning:

I got a pre-approved offer in the mail for up to $4K, I did it on line and got $4K!! YMMV

Well, a year ago, I received a pre-approved mail offer with up to $4k CL from Citibank. I took it to the local Home Depot store and was instantly approved with $4K CL while I wait. On the same month, Chase decided to lower my CL to $3700 where my balance is at from $4000 due to two reasons - (combined balances too high and too many low/zero balances). I was not surprised about Chase.

Tim

Hi,

I applied the day of closing on my new house in store and got a credit limit of 2100.00. Two days later, i recieve a preapproval for 2000.00. SO i got 1000 more in store. Im guessing because the clerk put the total purchase price at 2000, so they give me 1000 more for tax.

So im guessing if i took the preapproval, im approved for the 2000.

I did not realize home depot is by citibank. If true, that makes me pretty happy, to finally get in with citibank. Well it is true, looking at my statement now, and its issued by citibank usa.

• 1 month later...

I finally got one of these pre-approval letter's also. The letter said I was pre-approved for $750.00 but when I took it in and filled out their little questionaire with my information they gave me a credit line of $2,500. I was super happy. My scores took a bit of a hit. I had some trouble's earlier this year with BOA and had a couple of lates so I didn't think I would get anything after the fact.

The last post in this topic was posted 5221 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.