Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Dealer wont accept CC payment

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

You are correct... All of the paperwork signed at time of purchase is governed by Local, State and Federal law and would take precedent over a ASININE CC chargeback attempt.

I was merely stating a hypothetical. I guess it was asinine.

please explain why else (other than shady dealers fearing chargeback hassles) would a dealer refuse a CC payment when they are making a PROFIT even with the tax deductable merchant fee?

because they can make more profit and most lenders have issue with down payment being placed on a credit card.

in my example I was not talking about the DOWN being on the CC. the entire salesprice on the CC.

I've never heard of lenders not liking downs on CC. nobody at the CU batted an eye when we put 10K down on a CC. perhaps they did not know?

I was NOT referring to your post as ASININE!!! :lol: It was to another we all see Baseless, Bad, Questions from.

10-4

You are correct... All of the paperwork signed at time of purchase is governed by Local, State and Federal law and would take precedent over a ASININE CC chargeback attempt.

I was merely stating a hypothetical. I guess it was asinine.

please explain why else (other than shady dealers fearing chargeback hassles) would a dealer refuse a CC payment when they are making a PROFIT even with the tax deductable merchant fee?

because they can make more profit and most lenders have issue with down payment being placed on a credit card.

in my example I was not talking about the DOWN being on the CC. the entire salesprice on the CC.

I've never heard of lenders not liking downs on CC. nobody at the CU batted an eye when we put 10K down on a CC. perhaps they did not know?

because they can sell the car for the SAME price to a cash or finance buyer and make MORE money.

OP- back agin.

To clarify:

The car was not being paid in full but financing was already taken care of through a CU. The price was negotiated and I was happy with it. I had also heard very positive things about the dealership. In addition, they were the only local dealership with that make and model plus I gouged them on the trade in value.

So I negotiated my down payment on CC. They did not want to go over $2k but we reached an agreeable #.

They got the sale. I got the car. Both ended up happy.

However, if not for the previously mentioned factors, I would have given them the option of taking a CC or walking out. In the future, I think I will be up front about it to avoid wasting time.

OP- back agin.

To clarify:

The car was not being paid in full but financing was already taken care of through a CU. The price was negotiated and I was happy with it. I had also heard very positive things about the dealership. In addition, they were the only local dealership with that make and model plus I gouged them on the trade in value.

So I negotiated my down payment on CC. They did not want to go over $2k but we reached an agreeable #.

However, if not for the previously mentioned factors, I would have given them the option of taking a CC or walking out. In the future, I think I will be up front about it to avoid wasting time.

I would think that you would then run the risk of losing part of your deal if you divulge too much too soon. They may not come down in price as far as they might otherwise.

OP- back agin.

To clarify:

I would think that you would then run the risk of losing part of your deal if you divulge too much too soon. They may not come down in price as far as they might otherwise.

and they may not take the deal after the method of payment is disclosed either.

Guest ernestb48104

When I got the new Odyssey earlier this month I put all the added accesories IE mud guards, visors, all season mats and tow package to the tune of $3100 they were happy to take the VISA. Then again I had just signed papers for a $38K vehicle

When I got the new Odyssey earlier this month I put all the added accesories IE mud guards, visors, all season mats and tow package to the tune of $3100 they were happy to take the VISA.

They were likely making over 50% profit on those items, so a 3% CC fee is negligible. Whole different ballgame than a vehicle they may only be making a few hundred dollars on.

When I got the new Odyssey earlier this month I put all the added accesories IE mud guards, visors, all season mats and tow package to the tune of $3100 they were happy to take the VISA.

They were likely making over 50% profit on those items, so a 3% CC fee is negligible. Whole different ballgame than a vehicle they may only be making a few hundred dollars on.

50% markup? try a little more.

and why is this thread back from the DEAD?

I THINK SOMEBODY RESPONDED TO IT

I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH

:cry2::(:rofl::rofl:

THIS IS FAR FROM BEING AS DUSTY AS SOME HAVE BEEN

I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH

:cry2::(:rofl::rofl:

well at least one of the instigators wont be back and im sure youre happy and so am i

I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH

:):blink::rofl::yahoo:

well at least one of the instigators wont be back and im sure youre happy and so am i

I'm still here, but not dusty...

This has been the most interesting thread I have read in the forums yet.

The overall knowledge was pretty enlightening.

Thanks for the information guys. :good:

Edited by Rand

read the feedback forum and you will catch my drift

And where did the feedback section link go?? Didn't it used to be on the main forums page? I'm sure I've read some posts there before, but can't find it.

John

read the feedback forum and you will catch my drift

And where did the feedback section link go?? Didn't it used to be on the main forums page? I'm sure I've read some posts there before, but can't find it.

John

IIRC feedback threads are hidden after 30 days or so.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HallFinancial
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines