8/31 Closing? Maybe

The last post in this topic was posted 5371 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Well folks its been a little while since I've posted so here goes......

Of course if you've read my earlier post the seller refused to close early so the loan died. Low and behold the Lender said we will meet him at the end of the month. Cost to me 2% increase on my rate bcz my mid score had dropped. ok, decided I didn't want the house that bad so sign to back out (still had time under my contingency). After broker contacted lender they agreed to a rate closer to the original rate. I said ok.

Fast forward to today- 3 days away from closing and I receive a phone call from relative who lives in the area and was with me during the original house inspection. My relative wanted to let me know that the rotten wood that was listed not only on the inspection, but also noted on the termite inspection had not been replaced, just covered up with putty and white paint. The rotten wood still remains. Also noticed vent for gas flow had not been properly installed. As a matter of fact not installed at all. WTF. ok he didn't want to leave early, I got over that, but want the h*** has he been doing? Obviously not the repairs. I called my realtor and explained what we could see from the outside. No telling what hasn't been fixed inside. During the weeks that we have waited for closing I kept mentioning to my realtor "we have never received any receipts for items completed." For two weeks I was told thats ok bcz we'll get to check during walk thru. schedule for the day of closing. HUH? Shouldn't this have been checked before the walk thru? I know for a fact that he has finally packed up and moved, but what happens if the list given is not completed?

Yes I'm sure that I can walk away from the contract, but what if I don't want to back out? I'm trying not to stress out and only wanted to post again when I could say I closed. Between this and hurricane Ernesto, gray strands are popping up everywhere. Instead of pushing my closing back until he fixes the items can I request the amount listed on the contract for repairs be given at closing therefore using the funds to make sure these items are really fixed. Or do I have to keep calling the house inspector to review each items he claims to have repaired. I find it difficult to believe we should have waited to the end to verify completion.

Well folks its been a little while since I've posted so here goes......

Of course if you've read my earlier post the seller refused to close early so the loan died. Low and behold the Lender said we will meet him at the end of the month. Cost to me 2% increase on my rate bcz my mid score had dropped. ok, decided I didn't want the house that bad so sign to back out (still had time under my contingency). After broker contacted lender they agreed to a rate closer to the original rate. I said ok.

Fast forward to today- 3 days away from closing and I receive a phone call from relative who lives in the area and was with me during the original house inspection. My relative wanted to let me know that the rotten wood that was listed not only on the inspection, but also noted on the termite inspection had not been replaced, just covered up with putty and white paint. The rotten wood still remains. Also noticed vent for gas flow had not been properly installed. As a matter of fact not installed at all. WTF. ok he didn't want to leave early, I got over that, but want the h*** has he been doing? Obviously not the repairs. I called my realtor and explained what we could see from the outside. No telling what hasn't been fixed inside. During the weeks that we have waited for closing I kept mentioning to my realtor "we have never received any receipts for items completed." For two weeks I was told thats ok bcz we'll get to check during walk thru. schedule for the day of closing. HUH? Shouldn't this have been checked before the walk thru? I know for a fact that he has finally packed up and moved, but what happens if the list given is not completed?

Yes I'm sure that I can walk away from the contract, but what if I don't want to back out? I'm trying not to stress out and only wanted to post again when I could say I closed. Between this and hurricane Ernesto, gray strands are popping up everywhere. Instead of pushing my closing back until he fixes the items can I request the amount listed on the contract for repairs be given at closing therefore using the funds to make sure these items are really fixed. Or do I have to keep calling the house inspector to review each items he claims to have repaired. I find it difficult to believe we should have waited to the end to verify completion.

I don't have any answers for you, just watned to let you know that I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope it wroks out. Thinking out loud, shouldn't YOUR realtor be more aggressive in making sure things are getting done for you? JMO Good Luck

thanks mamiof3. Today I spent so much time screaming over the phone :P that she has scheduled the house inspector to come out tomorrow and verify the work has not only been done, but that its been done properly. It really bothers me that someone would take the time to place putty over rotten wood, paint it and call it a day. Getting down to the wire now. Again thanks

The last post in this topic was posted 5371 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.