Sign in to follow this  
miller_96

USAA pulling TU

I just spoke to an underwriter at USAA (I wanted to ask their criteria), and he informed me that for the time being, they are pulling TU. Apparently they are having trouble with EQ reporting information, so they are using TU instead.

Just a warning for anyone looking to apply...

I applied yesterday and was approved. Today I pulled TC and there was the inq on TU when I was fully expecting the inq to be on EQ. I thought, maybe I was wrong and was going to do a search on what USAA pulls. Before I got the chance I saw your thread. I was actually a little happy about the change as it will be easier to *B* off the inq. My TU is slightly higher than my EQ anyway but TU has a new inq from a JDB, Plaza Assoc which doesn't look good if people know they are a CA (I don't have any account with them but that is another story and one I must address soon.)

I have been faked out twice this week. Applied for Nordstrom and they pulled EX instead of EQ (unhappy about that because it can't be *B*ed off). Then USAA, expecting EQ and get TU. I guess we can never be sure no matter how prepared we think we are when applying. Thanks for the info!

A TU pull almost makes the MC look too tempting to wait.

*must resist*

i hear ya, SG. i dont think i can resist, tho.

they do instant approvals, right?

Thanks for the heads up here. I only had 1 inquire on TU so I jumped on this. USAA Amex $10,000 prime +3.99% :rofl:

Thanks for the heads up here. I only had 1 inquire on TU so I jumped on this. USAA Amex $10,000 prime +3.99% :rofl:

Congrats!!!! You must be military. That is a good APR is you are non-military.

I have P+9.99% 18% Cap

Edited by danielj144

Well I'm not even military we use their card alot and pay in full every month. I was a feeling a little down after Juniper denied me for their National Parks Visa with a 695 FICO and 0 inquires plus 6% utilization.

Feeling better now though.

Thanks for the heads up here. I only had 1 inquire on TU so I jumped on this. USAA Amex $10,000 prime +3.99% :grin:

Congrats on the approval. Do you know if they actually did pull TU?

I have NO inqs on TU............... seriously, they should have pulled TU for my CLI... Score is 40 pts higher and UT is like 1%.

I have NO inqs on TU............... seriously, they should have pulled TU for my CLI... Score is 40 pts higher and UT is like 1%.

SG, you just have the AMEX? I thought you already had the MC too...

dang it.. do I dare? I dont have too much history so they'll probably deny me. 665 TU - no baddies tho :/

SG, you just have the AMEX? I thought you already had the MC too...

Just have the Amex. I have not yet opted to go for the MC.

dang it.. do I dare? I dont have too much history so they'll probably deny me. 665 TU - no baddies tho :/

If you try, go for the MC, the requirements are easier than the AMEX. You should get in with 665 and No baddies

meh, I want the Amex. I can wait.

you may get the amex too, I was just told the amex is a little harder. I would get the mc now, then the amex later, and in 4 months from each, you will have 2 MASSIVE CL's

I do have the MC CL of $25000. I didnt want another EQ pull though because of all the choppage I've been seeing recently. So this TU pull was A OK.

Like I said I use their card alot.

Edited by Nemstar

Just keep in mind USAA seems still weird with the Amex thing. They told me they don't offer to non-military (Even after I received the card), and I noticed someone here yesterday was told the same thing, yet MOST non-military people are getting them.

Weird, but who am I to complain I made out like a bandit with the Visa/MC credit lines. I'll one day try for the Amex again.

I WANT AN AMEX!!! Opps sorry, remember I don't care!;-)

Edited by nyrfann