Sign in to follow this  
nmk1125

WOW! A goodwill letter for a paid CA worked!!!

Okay, so I was told that goodwill letters normally do not work for a paid CA account, but they continually verified, so I decided it was time to take out the pen and paper and write...I had two collection accounts for Cox Cable, both paid in full 2 years ago. I wrote two nice goodwill letters explaining the circumstances surrounding the bills (young pregnant Soldier living in the barracks, not receiving bills, getting out of the Army and putting my cable box in storage etc). I logged into Truecredit this morning and POOF!! both were gone :D The CA is Credit Control Corp located in Newport News, VA...funny thing is I live in Newport News, VA, only about 10 mins from where their office is located! Anyways, I saved copies of the letters if anyone wants to try a goodwill on any paid collection account with them. Now, my question is, will this boost my FICO score at all??? I think CB is the best thing I have found in years and although credit repair is not immediate, the advice and information given here is worth a million dollars, literally!!!!

Edited by nmk1125

Cool, I'm glad that worked out for you. I have a collection from them. They do not appear to be licensed to collect in my state and they have violated the FCRA and FDCPA. I hope they enjoyed your letter cause when they get my next letter they're gonna be p'oed

Cool, I'm glad that worked out for you. I have a collection from them. They do not appear to be licensed to collect in my state and they have violated the FCRA and FDCPA. I hope they enjoyed your letter cause when they get my next letter they're gonna be p'oed

:aggressive: I must have gotten a sympathetic, nice CSR that liked my gentle and apologetic letter. Bad thing is, I don't even remember getting any notices from them before I paid them, cuz if I did I bet you I might be $1,000 richer if they violated FCRA and FDCPA with me! Good luck in your dispute with them!

Okay, so I was told that goodwill letters normally do not work for a paid CA account, but they continually verified, so I decided it was time to take out the pen and paper and write...I had two collection accounts for Cox Cable, both paid in full 2 years ago. I wrote two nice goodwill letters explaining the circumstances surrounding the bills (young pregnant Soldier living in the barracks, not receiving bills, getting out of the Army and putting my cable box in storage etc). I logged into Truecredit this morning and POOF!! both were gone :cry2: The CA is Credit Control Corp located in Newport News, VA...funny thing is I live in Newport News, VA, only about 10 mins from where their office is located! Anyways, I saved copies of the letters if anyone wants to try a goodwill on any paid collection account with them. Now, my question is, will this boost my FICO score at all??? I think CB is the best thing I have found in years and although credit repair is not immediate, the advice and information given here is worth a million dollars, literally!!!!

Can you post the letters. I would like to try this on a CA that is stuck to one of my reports.

I have the same CA on my report for a hospital bill. I have already typed up a pay for deletion letter, but not sure if I should send it, after reading this post. Maybe the goodwill approach would work, can you post the letter?

Now, my question is, will this boost my FICO score at all???

It should. How much depends on the rest of your credit report. Regardless, getting potential negatives off always looks better even if it doesn't get you a huge gain.

Okay, so I was told that goodwill letters normally do not work for a paid CA account, but they continually verified, so I decided it was time to take out the pen and paper and write...I had two collection accounts for Cox Cable, both paid in full 2 years ago. I wrote two nice goodwill letters explaining the circumstances surrounding the bills (young pregnant Soldier living in the barracks, not receiving bills, getting out of the Army and putting my cable box in storage etc). I logged into Truecredit this morning and POOF!! both were gone ;) The CA is Credit Control Corp located in Newport News, VA...funny thing is I live in Newport News, VA, only about 10 mins from where their office is located! Anyways, I saved copies of the letters if anyone wants to try a goodwill on any paid collection account with them. Now, my question is, will this boost my FICO score at all??? I think CB is the best thing I have found in years and although credit repair is not immediate, the advice and information given here is worth a million dollars, literally!!!!

Can you post the letters. I would like to try this on a CA that is stuck to one of my reports.

Sure, I am pretty sure I took most of it from a sample letter posted by a fellow CB'er, I just don't remember who it was!!

Date

Regarding: Account No. XXXXX

Credit Control Corp

PO Box 120570

Newport News, VA 23612

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter about my experience with Cox that is a mixture of a grateful "thank you" and a pressing request concerning a Cox collection account in my credit files that I would like to have deleted as it is paid in full.

At the time in 2001, I activated Cox service while I was serving on active duty as a Soldier in the US Army. I was a single pregnant Soldier living in the barracks, and many of us never received our Cox bills, we would all call and were told they would arrive any day now. After I was honorably discharged, I moved my belongings into storage including my Cox box. Once emptying the storage unit, I realized I had possessed it and turned it in to Cox along with paying my past due bill. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabiliate my relationship with Cox since that time.

To be honest, tha year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which are on there way to excellent. I wish to thank you for renewing your confidence in me and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless.

I realize that you do have the right to report a negative account for up to 7 years. I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by removing the above negative account from all three of my credit reports (TransUnion, Equifax and Experian) as the collection account was paid in full. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment". I sincerely hope that there is a redemption and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a postive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

nmk1125

Good for you!!!! I would give a solider a break on just about anything to do with credit and I am darn glad to hear someone did.

(BTW:thanks for your service)

Good for you!!!! I would give a solider a break on just about anything to do with credit and I am darn glad to hear someone did.

(BTW:thanks for your service)

Thanks mic! Funny thing is, I do miss it.... from time to time I think about going back in (I am a DOD civilian now so I am surrounded by military). But I am holding out until we get a new commander in chief!!!!

Edited by nmk1125

This is pretty wild .. We lived in Newport News for 15 yrs ( up in the Denbigh area). Also had some debts listed with CCC includiing a Cox bill. I called and talked to a supervisor there and got her to agree in writing to remove everything from our reports for a PIF. The same day the letter came from her I called and made my payment and the next pull on my CR all were gone as promised. Also had her on tape agreeing to do it just in case it was needed. Also at the same time got two other CA to agree to the same thing ,all to a happy ending and better score for us..

Congrats