Credit card company holding my payment check, so they can collect interest

Chubroach

The last post in this topic was posted 2072 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I sent in a payment for $17,514 into the Credit Card company two weeks ago to pay off the balance of my Zero percent interest account before the deadline to pay off the account. On August 8th they will start to charge interest on the entire balance at 21%. In other words I will owe about $250 unless they find my check and credit it to my account by that date.

While I can not prove it, I suspect that they have my check but are holding it so they can start charging interest. When I complain and ask for additional time for the check to arrive or be processed I am met with deaf ears. I am told to pay through automatic debit and then when the other check arrives and is credited I can ask for a refund and wait 4-6 weeks.

We are talking about alot of money here and I suspect it is a con. Two days is a common time for the mail to arrive at their office, not two weeks. Any advice?

Flying with Tee on this one...

But for the benefit of others that MIGHT ever be in a similar situation, the common sense thing to do would be to have your bank stop payment and either overnight a payment or do a phone-pay in which you receive a confirmation number. After all, tomorrow IS only the 7th. And unless you have a history of stop pays, the bank will probably waive the fee as a customer courtesy.

As to OP...I'll again echo Tee's comment.

Next time add the name of the credit card company to make it seem more real. Capital One would probably work best, in this case.

HUHHHH???

CAPITAL ONE IS NOT KNOWN FOR THAT!!!

FIRST USA TRIED THAT A FEW TOO MANY TIMES!!!

PRE MERGER WITH BANK ONE

Next time add the name of the credit card company to make it seem more real. Capital One would probably work best, in this case.

HUHHHH???

PRE MERGER WITH BANK ONE

Fine. Use First USA next time. <_<

HUHHHH???

PRE MERGER WITH BANK ONE

Fine. Use First USA next time. :dntknw:

FIRST USA = BANK ONE = CHASE

SO FIRST USA DOESN'T REALLY EXIST

CAPITAL ONE IS KINDA' LIKE WALMART

PEOPLE ARE TOLD TO HATE WALMART

PEOPLE ARE TOLD TO HATE CAPITAL ONE

Why doesnt he just post in the General Discussion forum? I thought this forum was for people that had real questions? As funny as they are, they (the posts) would be better suited there IMHO. :dntknw:

IF IT WAS REAL

IT IS CREDIT RELATED

WITH-HOLDING CREDIT FOR PAYMENTS IS WRONG

Edited by GEORGE

I am finding the ficticious nature of these posts to be rather humerous. What will he think of next?!

Wow, I looked up this guys posts.

I kept reading, kind of like watching a train wreck or something.

Morbid fascination.

Very strange individual.

Why doesnt he just post in the General Discussion forum? I thought this forum was for people that had real questions? As funny as they are, they (the posts) would be better suited there IMHO. :blink:

IF IT WAS REAL

IT IS CREDIT RELATED

WITH-HOLDING CREDIT FOR PAYMENTS IS WRONG

Yikes! Sorry George, just an opinion -- :(

Here's my solution......

go to local bank.......make a withdrawal using your Smith&Wesson.

Tell'em it's only a temporay note and you'll be back in a couple of weeks to pay it back with interest.

Write them an IOU on a deposit slip so they know your serious.

Problem Solved.

At the time I'm viewing this thread, Chubroach must be preparing to celebrate his/her one year anniversary; posted for the first time on CB on August 2005.

Now, this smells like a weekend troll's home.

Chubroach must be living in that fine residential hotel, the Underbridge Hiltonot...

How do you guys know he is a troll? Maybe OP has a legitimate issue.

I do not think the credit card co. is holding the check. I think it was lost in the mail. In the future OP should do pay-online or pay-by-phone so that there is no check that may get lost. This time OP should stop payment on the check and do a pay-by-phone or pay it online.

A lot of CBers do what OP does... use balance transfers to make money or use balance transfers to pay off high APR cards. I see no reason to asssume that he is trolling, and instead I think it is best for us to try to help the guy out.

Edited by BBQ123

How do you guys know he is a troll? Maybe OP has a legitimate issue.

I do not think the credit card co. is holding the check. I think it was lost in the mail. In the future OP should do pay-online or pay-by-phone so that there is no check that may get lost. This time OP should stop payment on the check and do a pay-by-phone or pay it online.

A lot of CBers do what OP does... use balance transfers to make money or use balance transfers to pay off high APR cards. I see no reason to asssume that he is trolling, and instead I think it is best for us to try to help the guy out.

Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf? How about Pinnochio?

How do you guys know he is a troll?

Because we have seen OP pull this crap time and again. If you bothered to read any of the previous posts from OP, you would know the trash they have posted.

Maybe OP has a legitimate issue.

In which case they have been advised how to handle it.

The last post in this topic was posted 2072 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.