Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Which letter to use?

The last post in this topic was posted 5210 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello all. I will try to keep it brief! My girlfriend has perfect credit and never missed a payment in 26years LOL! Anyway she moved approx eight months ago. One of her Mastercard (Citibank) accounts never entered her address correctly so she in turn never received her bill. She has so many accounts that she never realized she had a balance. I know this is her fault but the invoices were returned to Citibank. They in turn closed the account and it was bought by OSI Collections. My question is she wants to pay the balance(minus eight months of fees) and get it off her credit report. This one and only thing on her credit brought her score down 100 points!!!!! What a scam with a dozen perfect accounts and her score dropped like that. Question is who to write and what letter? Dispute with CB or Citi? By the way OSI found her phone number and verbally harrassed her day and night and on the Fourth of July at 8am telling her she needed to wake up and pay her bill. She had to change her phone number...Thanks for any help!!

OSI, ahhh yes. They can be bloodhounds at times!!! LOL

If you are sure that OSI PURCHASED the account then you have to deal with them, BUT if they are only assigned to collect the debt, you can deal directly with Citi. If you can deal with Citi, make sure you do a "pay for delete" with them and get it IN WRITING prior to making payment.

Naples, FL?

If you are sure that OSI PURCHASED the account then you have to deal with them, BUT if they are only assigned to collect the debt, you can deal directly with Citi. If you can deal with Citi, make sure you do a "pay for delete" with them and get it IN WRITING prior to making payment.

Naples, FL?

That was my thought was pay for deletion, but I was wondering if I should dispute Eq also?

Edited by NaplesNole

Naples, FL?

That was my thought was pay for deletion, but I was wondering if I should dispute Eq also?

Has she tried calling CITI and explaining what happened? Wouldn't that be the first step as they may wipe out all the lates if she had a 26 year hiostory with them?

Naples, FL?

Has she tried calling CITI and explaining what happened? Wouldn't that be the first step as they may wipe out all the lates if she had a 26 year hiostory with them?

Naples, FL?

Yes she did. they were to send the invoices to the proper address but did not offer any solution to the current reporting on her Equifax....... As of two weeks still no invoices

The last post in this topic was posted 5210 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.