Sign in to follow this  
learning the hard way

closing costs

Who usually pays for the abstract being brought up to date and the termite inspection? I am paying for it on the house we are buying. Well the seller is paying for everything today, but closing costs are built into the loan. However, when my dad sold his house a few years ago he paid for those out of his pocket. Who should pay for them?

Who usually pays for the abstract being brought up to date and the termite inspection? I am paying for it on the house we are buying. Well the seller is paying for everything today, but closing costs are built into the loan. However, when my dad sold his house a few years ago he paid for those out of his pocket. Who should pay for them?

learning

There really is no right or wrong answer here. There are too many other factors to take into consideration. If you are in a seller's market for example, most likely you will not be able to get the seller to pay for much of anything. However, if you are in a buyer's market then the opposite becomes the norm. Also, if the buyer offers to increase the purchase price to offset the closing costs then while it looks as if the seller is paying, in reality the buyer is.

fla-tan