Sign in to follow this  
learning the hard way

How did we do?

We are closing on our house Monday.

Mid score is 640

discharged bk june 04

The listing price on the house was 99,900. We negotiated 90000 with 5000 built in for closing cost. The house appraised for 109,000. Our intrest rate is 7.25 on a 30 year, 100% loan. We will be getting about 800 back at closing. I thought we did pretty good, but I am starting to wonder if we could have done better.

Edited by learning the hard way

I couldn't help myself and I checked rates from my lender again the other day. Last time I had checked them was 2 days after I locked in my rate, and they had gone up...but not this time, they went down an 8th.

Why did I look? Well, I don't know but I DO know I'm not going to do it again. It'll drive you bonkers!

I got the rate I wanted, I just hope the closing and contractor's work goes smoothly, hoping for the same for you!

PS...don't look :wave::)

I don't know how to look. I used this broker because she has a good reputation. I was just wondering if this sounded like a decent deal for someone with my credit. After the apraisel, I am sure the purchase price is a good deal. I guess it doesn't really matter; the deal is almost done, and then, all I have to do is live with it.

I don't know how to look. I used this broker because she has a good reputation. I was just wondering if this sounded like a decent deal for someone with my credit. After the apraisel, I am sure the purchase price is a good deal. I guess it doesn't really matter; the deal is almost done, and then, all I have to do is live with it.

Well, I can tell you for comparison that with 650 mid and 6 years post-bk, we got 6.5 but couldn't have on a 100% loan, so it's probably pretty good. (I posted my GFE so you can see our deal which everyone gave a thumbs up on).

Congrats on your new home! Don't forget to post pics!!

It needs work, that is the main reason we wanted to go 100%. We were able to keep the cash we had been saving to do some of the work, and some will have to be done as finances permit. It is not what we wanted but it is what we could afford. Regardless, it is almost MINE. It feels pretty good to say that. If I would have found these boards sooner, I could have said that sooner. I love this place.