Sign in to follow this  
want2bfree

Beyond Frustrated!

Ok, another day has gone by and no word while it is in Technical review for 7days!! Supposed to close on Monday and it doesn't look like its going to happen. My LO just keeps telling me that he inquires about it daily and that its still in Technical review, no other answers like, when do they expect it to get out, when CAN WE CLOSE!!! The GFE I recieved said it would fund by July 9th. Thats not going to happen. I'm getting sick because of this, I have no answers. My Real estate agent keeps hounding me about closing. I have absolutly no answers. I hate to call my LO several times aday just to get the same answer. The lender is Option One, can I call them myself? Is it possible that this loan is a no go and my LO is not telling me. I didn't receive a denial letter. I'm just frustrated and need some answers!!

Thanks for letting me vent and any info you can give.

I can't give you any advice, just a bit of encouragement. Hang in there. The day is not over yet, so don't get discouraged. Things have a way of working themselves out.

That's quite a while to be in "technical review". Last time I did a loan with Option One I wasn't aware they had a technical review other than the final file review, and that takes 24-48 hours.

Has your agent been intoduced to your loan officer? If so the agent should be contacting them asking about the closing, not you. Very unprofessional for an agent to be bugging their client about closing, they know for a fact that you don't control the loan documents & approval process.

If you aren't getting the answers you need from your LO then you could try contacting the office that is processing your loan. They usually don't like speaking directly to borrowers but you could look up their office locations at http://www.oomc.com/broker/broker_contactus.asp

Likely would be a branch in GA (since I submit to a branch in CA for loans across the US), since they are closed now you'll need to wait until Monday.

It was starting to look like we were not going to close on closing date. My wife called our mortgage broker and was asking her some questions. She mentioned that she had recieved a job offer and was considering accepting it. The mortgage broker said not to that right now, and she would get on the phone and take care of things. We would have made closing, but my employer would not validate employment the day before closing. It is okay now, but it pushed closing back to Monday. Hopefully, Monday I will be a homeowner. I don't know how well that would work with a LO. After reading these boards, I decided I wanted a mortgage broker.