Sign in to follow this  
bkinco

Florida again

Looks like I may finally be buying a home in the next month-three months. Can those of you who've closed in FL in the last few months please post your HOI amounts? So far, I'm being quoted $1800 - $3200 on a $200,000 home :dntknw:

Any chance of doing better than that?

$1650 for $175,000 in Lakeland Polk County through State Farm.

Edited by SB12345

Looks like I may finally be buying a home in the next month-three months. Can those of you who've closed in FL in the last few months please post your HOI amounts? So far, I'm being quoted $1800 - $3200 on a $200,000 home :grin:

Any chance of doing better than that?

I would say that could be about the best you are going to do. I would run with the $1800 quote. There are barely any companies insuring in Florida so there is no competition.

Edited by nick614

I am in Orange and mine runs $820 a year through State Farm on a $200,000 house. From the news today, they are trying to go up next year up to 70%.

Are these quotes for all insurance coverages? If so, the prices could be right. We closed last tuesday and our coverages are: $535 - hazard, $530 - flood, $2555 - wind (ie, hurricane) so that's just over $3600 and we think it's a steal (we expected closer to $5000).

800s

ps- home is in Hollywood (Broward County)

Edited by 800score

Thanks for the info, guys.

Home is in Hernando County, and everybody is telling me I will end up with Citizens anyway, but I'm still shopping.

I am in Citrus County and I got Universal Property and Casualty for 1480 through a local agent. This was after Horace Mann cancelled all policies in Citrus County at the end of May. :D

Thanks for the info, guys.

Home is in Hernando County, and everybody is telling me I will end up with Citizens anyway, but I'm still shopping.

If you qualify for USAA, give them a shot.

Yes, you will end up with Citizens for your Wind policy. My understanding is that they're the only ones doing it in Florida - or else they're the 'front' for non-Florida based insurance companies. I am with USAA and the Wind policy went through them (USAA) but the check was payable to Citizens.

800s

I'm in Pinellas county and I believe my parents insurance is around $1400 on a $200,000 house. I don't know who it's with though.

We just bought a condo in Broward County and i got my flood insurance for $203 and my HOI for $1215. HOI through Citizens and Flood through Fidelity. My best advice is to contact an insurance agency rather then a state farm or allstate. They have various markets that these other companys do not have, not too many as no one wants to write in FL anymore but you might have a better shot of getting a better quote through an agency.